Notices

car problems..

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car problems..

does anyone know wether if this might be a blown turbo or possibly a blown head gasket??
thanks guys.

Modified by AllMotorCRX90 at 5:36 AM 4/24/2003
Old 04-09-2003, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: car problems.. (DA9onBoost)

blown turbo seals may contribute to oil in the charge pipe as well. And worn valve seals will do that too, but most of them will be burn off pretty quick.

stan
Old 04-09-2003, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: car problems.. (Flamenco-T)

Its regular for a TAD bit of oil to be inside your charge pipes, but 3-4oz doesnt sound too good. A bad headgasket will not necessarily give you oil in your charge pipes, instead you'll notice a big loss in power, overheating problems, and the mixing of oil and coolant. Stan already covered the other things for you.
Old 04-09-2003, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: car problems.. (Flamenco-T)

the weird thing is.. my car still boosts.. id uno if that would be a factor to anything..
Old 04-10-2003, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how hard is it to replace the seals? is it fairly simple or is it going to be as tricky as a turbo rebuild?
thanks
Old 04-10-2003, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds like the pinched return line might have caused those seals to go......I would be pissed!
Old 04-23-2003, 07:51 PM

Default Re: car problems.. (AllMotorCRX90)

Well Mr. Home Depot Car Parts.....from what I heard your oil return line originally had a leak in it because there was a 2inch hole on it. From seeing your old set up (before Bayside installed the new motor) all you had was a bunch of piping from Home Depot. I'm surprised that a shop like that would even take an engine swap from someone who used bathroom piping / copper tubing / and everything he can find from Home Depot to install a turbo. Not to mention the JB weld you used to seal off your oil return lines & intercooler, and spaghetti wiring set up, you didn't even use connectors to connect your wires together...from what I saw your wires were connected because you twisted them together and used electrical tape to hold them in place. If you came to me asking me to do your engine swap, I would've had to ask you for a manual on your car...because not any Acura Manual would've worked for your set up. So if I were you be glad that these people at Bayside even took in your **** and tried to help you out.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: car problems.. (turbo18RG)

You're absolutely correct!!! Christian came into my shop with his integra close to a year ago. I felt sorry for this bastard cause I noticed everything he had in his car was EXACTLY what you said.........piping used from home depot, JB weld on his intercooler not to mention tie straps holding his radiator in place. I gave this kid nothing but props and respect everytime he came into my shop. He used my tools, my mechanic would install his **** for free and help him tune his car, and this is what we get in return.........."A **** Talking, Home Depot Using, Bitch *** Bastard who don't know how to appreciate people's help"!!! You're correct about the oil return line being damaged when we got it, and we told him he needed to replace it and we supplied him with a "temporary" oil return line because he was in such a hurry to get his car back!!! As for his knock sensor.......the **** was broken to begin with. But if he's saying my guys did it, he knows damn well that had he come to me I would've helped him out. Like I've always done. He says he's always worked on his own car...well, had any of you guys seen his set up... it was worse then a backyard mechanics work. I've heard of racers on a budget but this kid was far beyond welfare!
Old 04-24-2003, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: car problems.. (ShellCVC)