Notices

can u run only a uberdata basemap??

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default can u run only a uberdata basemap??

hi guys i have been looking around through achived topics and haven't really found what i am looking for.......my question is that if i used a basemap that my friend had in uberdata, same motor as mine, same injectors, turbo, ecu, etc....can i just get his basemap and burn myself a chip without needing a full tune??

thanks
Old 01-27-2005, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: can u run only a uberdata basemap?? (95cxhatch)

you can get his base map, but it won't be IDEAL for your setup.

I'd get that one as a base, then tune from there to see the gains you're looking for - not to mention make sure you're a/f and timing maps are adequate.

Two identical motors can make completely different power with the same map. There are too many minute nuances that'll dictate a completely different powerband and you must tune accordingly.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the map is from the same car, turbo, ecu, injectors, etc... then it will most likely work for your car...but, you still need to get your car tuned.

I am running a map from a similar setup like you are thinking about doing and it's working really well for me (runs like stock)...

Although my car runs fine I am still going to take it to a dyno and get it tuned.

A basemap will work for you but they are usually pretty conservative and use more fuel then needed... but, a basemap is a good place to start from when it comes to tuning...
Old 01-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: can u run only a uberdata basemap?? (EJ1 wilcox)

i am a big fan of the uberdata basemap. mine worked fairly well. any way you look at it, i believe an uberdata basemap is better than an fmu with retarted timing at the distributor and check valves. in short, yea you can run the basemap for a while, just keep a good eye on a/f and for detonation.

EJ1 wilcox- i am curious to see the .bin that you are currently running, just to see how my old map compared since i never got to finish tuning it and it seems that we are using the same motor and turbo and boost levels. if its cool by you, toss me a pm.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:14 AM
Banned

Default Re: can u run only a uberdata basemap?? (blackeg)

you shouldnt. and i'll tell you not to. but i did before, and ran a 12.7 on a stock block b18b on a basemap and didnt blow anything up.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My uber basemap was lean, so glad I tuned, don't push too much boost on the basemap and you'll be fine til you find a friend with a wideband.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: can u run only a uberdata basemap?? (blackeg)

thanks a lot guys ....that cleared a lot of worries out of the way ....because i will need to drive it somewhere to get tuned.(i live on an island 2.5 hour drive and have to take a ferry and then another 5 hourse to where i can dyno tune).
Old 01-27-2005, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95cxhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks a lot guys ....that cleared a lot of worries out of the way ....because i will need to drive it somewhere to get tuned.(i live on an island 2.5 hour drive and have to take a ferry and then another 5 hourse to where i can dyno tune).</TD></TR></TABLE>

You should be fine, just don't beat the **** out of it until your way back from the dyno
Old 01-27-2005, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: can u run only a uberdata basemap?? (EJ1 wilcox)

yah i always take it easy when i got something new on the car i baby my car most of the time anyway ....ppl think it is a waste of time and money for me to go turbo because they say i won't drive it like it should be driven......but thats what makes it fun, surprising the hell out of ppl that 1 time every now and then i decide to have fun, haha
Old 01-27-2005, 09:52 AM

Just rock the map til you get it tunned, and don't rape the **** outta it.

kinda the same as everyone else said. Don't keep putting off tuning though, that is how **** can get fucked over time.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:33 AM
Banned

Default Re: can u run only a uberdata basemap?? (Cray91)

since you are so far away from everything, have you thought about buying a wideband. That way you could do 95% of the tuning yourself and not have to drive 7 hours there and KNOW you are safe.
you can get them for like $250 which i am assumming is cheaper than dyno time + gas + ferry
Old 01-27-2005, 11:04 AM

Just take a normal basemap and add fuel in the boost portions, even after you add the boost to the map. That should ensure that you should be relatively safe for a drive there.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: can u run only a uberdata basemap?? (Burke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Burke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">since you are so far away from everything, have you thought about buying a wideband. That way you could do 95% of the tuning yourself and not have to drive 7 hours there and KNOW you are safe.
you can get them for like $250 which i am assumming is cheaper than dyno time + gas + ferry</TD></TR></TABLE>

True that, get a wideband and tune the afr, and then just run conservative timing maps. You wont make as much power but atleast it will be safe.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: can u run only a uberdata basemap?? (Vtaaak y0)

yah i was also thinking of going wideband........wheres the best place to buy them guys??
Old 01-27-2005, 07:39 PM
Banned

check out T Woody on this site. i got my zeitronix off of him or check in the FI sponsor forum. lots of stuff
Old 01-27-2005, 08:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: can u run only a uberdata basemap?? (Burke)

I like either the Zeitronix or the LM-1...good units

If any of your guys are looking for 'starter maps' I have a BIN depository that people have been slowly posting to...use maps with caution but it seems most of these guys know what they are doing.

If you have some tuned maps you could share that would be great too

http://www.xenocron.com/bins
Old 01-27-2005, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: can u run only a uberdata basemap?? (xenocron)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xenocron &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I like either the Zeitronix or the LM-1...good units

</TD></TR></TABLE>

LM-1 owner here with no complaints