Notices

Can someone point me to a solution

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone point me to a solution

Please help, This problem has been with me for over a year

Some Info:
I have a 96Teg Auto, Ever since i bolted my turbo about a year ago it was one problem after next. First it was a fuel issue so i got a FMU and Inline pump for free* and got some AEM FPR and Rail RC 310cc and HKS S-AFR also a Walbro HP 255lph fuel pump. btw im using a missing link

The Problem
My WG is set at 9.7psi. I can hit full boost But, with a very very rough transition. 1st gear its running good as soon as it shifts to 2nd it "bogs" A/F meter is jumping around. Its starts going to rich again, then jumps to lean and stays there till the light turns off. Even At idle when the car has been warmed up, It likes to jump in the lean and bog for like a second. It also acts up alot when the car is hot.

Im seriously trying to fix this but, i don't kno what the problem is. I've done searches for any possible problems.

At first I though it was a cooling issue because it happens when the car is hot so I :
Replace thermostat and Fan Switch with OEM and put a pusher fan.
Now the fan is on more than it use to be, so i know its working But problem still there

Secondly, I thought it was the CAT since i put 70,000 miles on it plus i used alot of octane boosters in the past and also used nitrous and i started smelling a rotten egg. So I :
Upgraded to a 3" Carsound Cat with Mandrel Piping and a New 3"muffler
Car
Result: Car spools up hella quick, and a little bit smoother than before going into boost. But, Problem is still there

I've even played with the HKS S-AFR (like a S-AFC) starting from base settings and adding fuel as much as 20%

I've done a compression test just for the hell of it, turned out good, checked all wiring, hoses, and piping its all good.

I have a Brand New 02 sensor from NGK/NTK but i'm doubting its gonna fix this since it doesn't throw any CEL. When the problem starts occuring (going to lean)And i continue to boost it throws a CEL 03 Map. The Map sensor im using came off a B16, since mine went bad. I checked the WG since someone told me maybe the WG is sticking, I took it apart the diaphram was good the gasket was good.

I will get my car tuned, when i order my hondata. I just wanna boost 9psi now and not go into the lean.

And for all the replies saying go get a manual car, I already have a GSR tranny in the garage and all the parts required to do the swap. Including a OBD-1 Manual ECU im going to put in as well.

If anyone has a educated answer that could help, i'd really apperciate it. TIA