Notices

a/c blew....read please

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 06:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a/c blew....read please

so when i put my turbo on, while i was drviing to get tuned, my ac compressor took a ****, liek black gunk started coming out, smoking and smelling liek *****. my ac didnt work anyway but i dont know why it happend. i have a 3 inch ac compatible dp, and i think that it was just so much heat right next to the compressor thats why it fucked up. maybe it was a coincidence, i dont know. any1 else have this issue?
Old 08-10-2006, 06:20 AM
E-thug

Default Re: a/c blew....read please (playahwitgame)

yes my car does the same thing. i think the compressor/condensor gets so hot the coolant builds pressure and escapes through the relief valve. then your ac doesn't work anymore because it doesn't have enough freon. i still haven't solved this problem on my car but I know there are many who run ac with no problems. I have replaced every part in my ac system and had it recharged and within a few minutes it does the same thing. sorry this doesnt help you but i feel your pain.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:39 AM

Default Re: a/c blew....read please (boostismycrack)

well i didnt have ac anyway because 1 of the line was busted, but none the less, i left the compressor on, spent extra money on ac compatible ****, and then i think the comprssor just got so hot it burned itself out. like it actually was smoking up a storm. looked liek some1 had a smoke machine under my hood. i opened it, and all this smoke came up from the belt area. i thought the belts were gunna break. but i noticed the compressor was spitting black gunnk everywhere, so i knew that was the problem. i bought new ac lines and i would liek to get my ac working again. but i dont wanna buy another compressor and the same thing happen. maybe it was just a coincidence or something. i dont know
Old 08-10-2006, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: a/c blew....read please (playahwitgame)

possibly in the future wrap your downpipe with exhaust wrap or some kind of a heat shield.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:54 PM

Default Re: a/c blew....read please (delslo93)

its wrapped already....but im trying to figure if it was the dps fault, or coincidence. so im trying 2 see if any1 has experienced this. if so chime in, and if not, comments and suggestions are still welcome.. thanks!

Modified by playahwitgame at 6:23 PM 8/10/2006