Notices

building a nirous motor.....need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 07:12 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default building a nitrous motor.....need help

yeah i'm in the mix to build a motor to hold a 150 shot direct port so far my bottom end is getting build as i speak is a ls block sleeved to 85mm I'm planning to go with a 12.5.1 cr cp piston my head will up next to get some work done I would like to go with a 1mm over size intake valve but i need to find out what are some good valve for nitrous and i also will go with a elderbrock manifold for more air so if any body has a motor built for a big shot and that can help me with duel stage setup and the fuel system i need for this ........thanxs
Old 03-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: building a nitrous motor.....need help (beasty=eg)

Building a nitrous motor is basically building the best NA motor you can with some allowances for the fact that your exhaust is going to get hotter. High-temp tolerant valves are a good idea. Several companies make them.

I have also found that both ceramic and dry film lubricant coatings help. I have used them many times on domestic V8s with huge nitrous shots (500 - 600 hp) and they seem to minimize the damage when things go wrong and also reduce the overall wear.

Its pretty straightforward.

Lastly, get some good engine management, as timing will be critical. Some sort of progressive system for the nitrous might be a good idea as well, with that big of a shot, especially out of the hole.

Best of luck with your project.