Notices

Budget manifolds? Others besides Inline Pro..

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Budget manifolds? Others besides Inline Pro..

What are some other turbo manifolds like the Inline Pro? I know these have already been proven to make good power for a good price but I'm having trouble finding them used anymore. So is there anything else like them for around the same price used?
Old 03-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Inline Pro is a pretty spendy "budget" manifold...but if you're looking for a good log manifold, i suggest the SPoolin Performance log...the combo price is pretty hard to beat and the manifold is nice. I had one and couldn't be happier
Old 03-23-2007, 10:10 AM

Default Re: (Schister66)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Schister66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The Inline Pro is a pretty spendy "budget" manifold...but if you're looking for a good log manifold, i suggest the SPoolin Performance log...the combo price is pretty hard to beat and the manifold is nice. I had one and couldn't be happier</TD></TR></TABLE>

If I were to go with the Inline Pro, it would be used. I see them go for around ~200-300. I'll read up on the SP log
Old 03-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Budget manifolds? Others besides Inline Pro.. (.hue)

meutek manifolds are pretty bad *** for the price, under 150 shipped, my buddy has one on his lsv, hes run it to 450+whp for track days, he loves it, he dosent get any boost creep.

http://www.meutek.com also i emailed them and turns out they offer a lifetime no questions asked warrenty, but they havent yet needed to warrenty a single unit. seems pretty good
Old 03-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

+1 for meutek, if your looking for a budget mani
Old 03-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (eastcoast_ej)

the blox manifold is nice for a cast piece, and we have made great power with the OBX ramhorn. both are inexpensive.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (trickeng)

SPoolin Performance log
Old 03-23-2007, 11:20 PM

Default Re: (2muchVTEC)

thanks for the responses so far, anyone else?
Old 03-24-2007, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.hue)

I've got the UGR cast manifold which is similar to the blox but the wastegate fits better and you don't need an elbow. Also left alot of room for a 3" downpipe w/ A/C. Very minor block trimming was needed. Casting quality was alot better than I expected also.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hybrid_KJ)

WOW....that Meutek is a damn nice piece for cheap as *****

Old 03-24-2007, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Contact camp1320.com and inquire about the revhard tubular manifold.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Budget manifolds? Others besides Inline Pro.. (kamAccord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kamAccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Contact camp1320.com and inquire about the revhard tubular manifold.</TD></TR></TABLE>

uhh thats not a budget manifold, but if you really want that i can get it to you cheaper than anyone.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RC000E)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC000E &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">WOW....that Meutek is a damn nice piece for cheap as ***** </TD></TR></TABLE>

the casting is really done well too, its serisously one of the cleanest castings ive ever seen on a turbo manifold. and they use that nickel/iron material just like garrett does for there turbine housings so i doubt they will ever crack. you can tell by the color, how its kinda light grey/silverish, if you look at revhard and drag there **** is a really dark color cause its a cheaper iron. **** i should just become a spokes person for meutek huh?
Old 03-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

only down side to the meutek is how the wastegate sits on the vtec heads, the gate will hit the head so you either need to shave the head, get a WG elbow (which they sell), or i seen a guy use an exhasut flange to space it out more.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eastcoast_ej)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eastcoast_ej &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">only down side to the meutek is how the wastegate sits on the vtec heads, the gate will hit the head so you either need to shave the head, get a WG elbow (which they sell), or i seen a guy use an exhasut flange to space it out more.</TD></TR></TABLE>

this is true, but on the flip side you can say that atleast there wg port is in the middle, unlike drag or revhard and blox, also the revhard usually requires a neck also, i dont know about the drag or blox though. either way meuteks neck is like 40 plus the 130 for the many and thats still a clean set up for 170 shipped to your door, these guys really are a diamond in the rough imo, im surprsised more people dont run them. here is a side by side i took awhile back when i had both mani's, it shows revhard and meutek

note the difference in color? this is what i meant when i said the meutek uses better metal.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:10 PM
D-t
Trial User

Default Re: (blinx9900)

The meutek looks awesome. I will be buying it for my setup. You can't go wrong for 130 shipped!!!

That's awesome man! Quality is good, wg placement is good. Maybe a little notching of the block and that's it. I'm selling my custom log, and picking up a meutek when the time comes. I hate myself for not knowing about the meutek when it was time. My custom log looks good, but I paid 200 shipped for it. 70 more than the meutek, and I had to take out my a/c. It gave me more problems. Supposedly it was a/c compatible....nope!

So I'm selling my log, picking up a meutek, throwing a/c back in, shipping the meutek over to phil at spoolinperformance so he can make me a dp, and dumptube, and everything will work out dandy hopefully
Old 03-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

blox is supposed to be similar and probably retails for less than inline pro. never though of $500-600 manifold as budget manifold
Old 03-25-2007, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Budget manifolds? Others besides Inline Pro.. (vtec.dc2)

talk to spoolin or any of the other fabricators here on HT, almost all of them offer a log mani for a good price and great quality
Old 03-25-2007, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Budget manifolds? Others besides Inline Pro.. (dpetro1)

cast &gt; log honestly a log is just and expensive cast manifold imo, its the same concept just made of tubes intstead of cast, imo there are 2 types of mani's, one with a merge collector and one without.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Budget manifolds? Others besides Inline Pro.. (blinx9900)

I got a log manifold from ebay. PFab is the manufacturer. ~320 shipped to South Central PA. Type in PFab D16 turbo manifold on ebay
Old 03-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Budget manifolds? Others besides Inline Pro.. (dpetro1)

$250 for a log from us, full life time warranty, day to day updates on your order if you like.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Budget manifolds? Others besides Inline Pro.. (RCautoworks)

ok since were pluggin:

high nikel cast iron meutek mani from me 130 shipped, lifetime warrenty.
cast iron revhard mani from me 160 shipped, lifetime warrenty.

i think you guys know which one i prefer
Old 03-26-2007, 09:48 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blinx9900 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is true, but on the flip side you can say that atleast there wg port is in the middle, unlike drag or revhard and blox, also the revhard usually requires a neck also, i dont know about the drag or blox though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The revhard and blox both have the wastgate port relatively in the center. Blox is a little closer but that will never matter at all. Drag does just sux so hopefully people will stop running them until they improve there design.

For a blox manifold you need a WG elbow to clear a vtec head. You don't need the elbow for the revhard manifold to work but the nipple at the top of a tial may hit the hood if you have an EG or like. It works fine on an EK or a teg.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (White Smoke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by White Smoke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The revhard and blox both have the wastgate port relatively in the center. Blox is a little closer but that will never matter at all. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ehhh, most of the RH manis that ive seen crack cracked at the wg port location, i believes this to be due to the back pressure caused by cylinders 1-4 fighting eachother (coupled with there increasingly thinner casting) while trying to exit the wg port that is off center or go into the turbine. so i feel it does matter, also ive seen rh manis replaced with meuteks and boost did stabilze and creep was reduced, this was on a 57 trim t3to4e 19psi lsv set up tuned on aemems.

if you think drag is garbage add RH to that list too because neither of them have updated there designs since like 1998

thanks for the info in regards to the WG necks
Old 03-26-2007, 10:07 AM
D-t
Trial User

I think we all know the winner.....Meutek.

I'm definitely getting me one. For 130 shipped, and it's better than most manifolds out there that we have mentioned. Plus it's a/c and ps compatible.

I just can't believe how cheap it is Especially from a quality piece, at least from what I have been hearing from people.

Quick Reply: Budget manifolds? Others besides Inline Pro..