break in after turbo install

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default break in after turbo install

I cant archive search right now so bare with me please. anyway, i finally finished my turbo install after months of waiting and researching. The install went real nice and clean, i impressed myself at how good a job i think i did.

anyway i remember reading about the break in after the install but i dont remember the specifics. How should i be driving my car?

right now i am pushing 5lbs. and i dont go into boost until my car is fully warmed up. after a complete warm up i shift between 3-4k and sometimes an occasional 5k. i have only taken it to red line once and that was right after the instal to see if its smooth power all the way through......

can anyone give me some feed back.

Old 03-25-2003, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: break in after turbo install (dirtySOHC's)

i've heard different opinions on this, but most people say you don't need to do any special break-in for a turbo, as long as the motor is broken in previously. Waiting until the car is at normal temperature, and generally not boosting all the time are good guidelines for engine longevity. good luck
Old 03-25-2003, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: break in after turbo install (Teg4e)

damn that sounds good. anyone else wanna add something
Old 03-25-2003, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

as long as the oil is making it to the turbo your fine
Old 03-25-2003, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: break in after turbo install (GRTechnologies)

i hear you......i made damn sure that the oil system was good to go.

thanks..........anyone else?
Old 03-25-2003, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no break-in needed, just disconnect the oil sending line and crank over a few times to makes sure there is oil pressure. Also, to clean out any type of crud in the line so it does not go into the turbo. Then hook it back up and have fun.
Old 03-25-2003, 11:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds good guys, just keep an eye on the oil level from time to time, maybe open the hood and look around to make sure any VAC lines are in harms way and still connected (zip ties) also a general "once over". This can't hurt once or twice a week.

I also keep a small set of tools, oil, coolant, sparkplugs and VAC lines in my trunk, just incase.

and yeah .. HAVE FUN!!
Old 03-26-2003, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: break in after turbo install (FredoSP)

sounds good guys, just keep an eye on the oil level from time to time, maybe open the hood and look around to make sure any VAC lines are in harms way and still connected (zip ties) also a general "once over". This can't hurt once or twice a week.

I also keep a small set of tools, oil, coolant, sparkplugs and VAC lines in my trunk, just incase.

and yeah .. HAVE FUN!!
damn thanks guys. i thought i had to wait for a while before i can really get on it. It was really killing me because reaching full boost and worrying about my motor made me let off. i wanna feel the power all the way through. im excited as hell to see how my car runs when i run it hard.

i do keep a little mobile tool bag, but the idea of extra vac lines and all the extra stuff you said sounds good.

im so damn paraniod that i pop the hood everytime i am done driving. always looking for leaks and anything wrong in general. i have been checking the oil level too. its almost gonna be a week since putting the kit in and everything is good. hopefully i dont have any problems.

the car runs nice as hell, for some reason it drives much better than when it was N/A. the "hack" is really wat everyone says it is. makes my car run smooth as hell and going into boost is flawless. i cant wait to put my car on a dyno. i am just waiting to get a high flow cat then ill take it to the dyno.

thanks for the feed back guys.