Notices

The Bottle.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 05:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Bottle.

I'm having a hard time respecting this upgrade. YES, I've seen it do AMAZING things when applied right. YES, I know it's not just simple plug and play and takes intricate detail and figuring before just throwing it in, but I cannot wrap my head around respecting the Juice.

Take two builders..Builder A) Takes the route of H22 Vtec Turbo, builds the thing to over 600 horses, possibly nets 9 second drag times, all due to HARD WORK, building, time, measuring, pricing, hours and hours and hours of wrenching and measuring and tuning to get his beast running right...he's EARNED his numbers!

Then there is builder B..who does a moderate build with say an LS/TURBO..but he's dumping a 200 Shot, multi direct port wet injection system into a build that probably puts out say 200whp without it...does this not come across as like...Cheating to you?

At the end of the day I'd have to respect the guy who said.."look, i'm not doing the bottle.." and slaved, and worked, and stacked his chips and did the man hours once he got the parts to make his car fast without it.

A friend of mine has an ill quote I like to say when I'm dealing with Nitrous guys..he always says, "You bottle *********az sicken me..with your buttons and purging. YOu wanna know what's my nitrous? The next gear *********a..feel my blow off valve.."

and for the most part i've YET to see anyone with Nitrous beat him down and in my eyes he has one of the sickest builds i've laid eyes on. This is for YEARS! Yesterday the impossible happened, he was felled in street combat buy a guy on the bottle..the ENTIRE RUN, you can tell that the guy didn't touch the button..motor on motor, my boy Godded him...but I say, 5th gear @144, and have someone who couldn't keep up with you for the entirety of the race at this point...BOAT BY YOU...it's like...wtf? How can you feel good having to press a button to keep up?! And when we pull into the mcdonalds hes like...SATISFIED with having to had pushed that button to get off! Am i crazy? Is there anyone else who feels like I?
Old 01-15-2010, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Bottle.

I mean, nitrous is what it is, a cost effective alternative to turbocharging/supercharging. There are definately guys out there that can compete with the turbo/supercharged guys running multi-stages of nitrous and are certiantly fast. As with anything its hard work, time, good design/plan. But to say that a guy who uses nitrous is less of an enthusiest/ didnt earn what he got out of the car is a bit far fetched.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i used to have a 70 shot on my integra.

i still want to build a motor that will take a 200 shot, would be a nice kick in the pants! esp spraying down low...all that tq!! :D
Old 01-15-2010, 07:19 AM
lub
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Bseriescivic5
I mean, nitrous is what it is, a cost effective alternative to turbocharging/supercharging. There are definately guys out there that can compete with the turbo/supercharged guys running multi-stages of nitrous and are certiantly fast. As with anything its hard work, time, good design/plan. But to say that a guy who uses nitrous is less of an enthusiast/ didn't earn what he got out of the car is a bit far fetched.
x2 ^^^

Whether it's nitrous, turbo, or n/a to each his own; if someone is faster then you and did so via methods alternative to yours then good for him. Doesn't make that person less of a enthusiast, just more resourceful? That's what this industry is all about anyways.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nitrous is more cost effective if u never plan on refilling your bottle.....
Old 01-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by welfarepc
nitrous is more cost effective if u never plan on refilling your bottle.....
Lol, so basically your still slow..... whats the point if your not going to use it??
Old 01-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Bseriescivic5
Lol, so basically your still slow..... whats the point if your not going to use it??
good question. might as well go boost from the get-go, then add the nitrous on top of that if you really want to have fun.

its hard to argue with instant torque.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I personally think its garbage. Look at the pro-mod class...The nitrous guys are allowed to run 900+ cubic inch motors with like multiple bottles in the car. Meanwhile the turbo guys are limited to the 500+ cubic inches and turbo size. All that nitrous they are spraying and still losing.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nitrous is cheating. Most any idiot can install a modern kit from how simple they appear to be and once it's out, it's out.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you ask me, it doesn't matter how you get there, as long as you get there faster than the other guy. BTW i don't use nitrous, i like turbo.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

people that have had there little peters smacked by NOS dont like it. It isn't cheating they are just smarter for building it cheaper lol. Fill a bottle or buy a have turbo rebuilt well NOS makes sence to me, but I am partial to the turbo its alot more fun IMHO
Old 01-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its whatever floats your boat.

turbo honda's...... NOS ls1's

Everything has its place.

I used to hate nitrous, but in my recent years, Ive come to love and respect it.Its great for sleepers and dialy drivers.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

each to there owen. I loved my eg on NOS it was fun ran 13.50qm bone stock b18a1 with a 40shot wet. car that had maybe $1100 bucks total in beating ppl that have 3 or 4x that in there car why not?
Old 01-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

people like you that hate nitrous cars makes me like the juice that much more
Old 01-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by WavyIntegra

Takes the route of H22 Vtec Turbo, builds the thing to over 600 horses, possibly nets 9 second drag times, all due to HARD WORK, building, time, measuring, pricing, hours and hours and hours of wrenching and measuring and tuning to get his beast running right...he's EARNED his numbers!
Uhhh...you have to do the same thing with a nitrous car.
I think you are thinking of someone that just slaps a 100 shot on their car.

If you want to run the times you need a lot more than that, and you need to know what you're doing.

I love people that think nitrous is cheating. I don't believe it's cheating at all, I'd call it being SMART lol.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

should of ran the guy again. nitrous doesnt last forever.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a turbo under the hood doesnt get you *****, a NOZ bottle in the trunk does...
Old 01-20-2010, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Glove
LOL

Anyways nitrous takes building too if you run without proper tuning or bad nitrous set ups you will blow your motor also. I melted two valves running a 125 shot with tuning because of improper flow in my distribution block. It takes research and proper planing when building for a big shot like a 200 shot. I respect anyone who is running a 150 shot or more in a Honda.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

I love the nitrous is cheating mentality lol, it really cracks me up. forced induction is forced induction.

to the op, have you ever ridden in a street car on the bottle? it might change your mind, its a totally different feeling of power.

the only circumstances I would consider nitrous as "cheating" is if your running a all motor car motor to motor and you hide the bottle. but even then, let the best man win.

when I had my ls on the bottle every motha f{}cker I raced claimed aww you sprayed on me. boo hoo. even guys with turbo cars would bitch about it and it was a little ls motor with some port work and cams on a 80wet shot when they have sleeved 84mm turbo gsr's. come on please!

nitrous is great for a weekend warrior car that you want to cruise around and have great traction and be able to control where your power is.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Back in 03' I had a stock z6 swap in my vx hatch. That got boring so I bought a zex kit with a 65 shot for $250. I had less than $800 in the swap + gas and would run 13.4's on street tires and 12.8's on my little 20" tall M/T's. That was a lot of fun beating up on people and leaving them scratching their heads wondering how this little *** motor/car was so fast.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this thread is gonna make me get NAWZ on my stock eg
Old 01-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I love when people have no clue
Old 01-22-2010, 12:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ghostofnyc
I love when people have no clue
+1, nitrous is probably the most misinformed topic in automotive history.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

but guys its cheating! it just isnt fair not fair!
ugh lol
Old 01-22-2010, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Glove
I don't need to use my car to get me *****..

Quick Reply: The Bottle.