Notices

Bosch Fuel Pump Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bosch Fuel Pump Question

Ok i have been searching for a fuel pump and have found the following

There both External pumps but part numbers are diffrent what is the diffrence?

1st one
http://www.jayracing.com/

2nd one
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1551140

So what is the diffrence? They both look the same and use AN fittings, so please explain?or help me out?
Old 03-28-2006, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bosch Fuel Pump Question (B18c1turboedEK)

Damn, what I see different is the Fast-Turbo sticker, oh yeah, and a big price difference also...Damn it, I feel like I got ripped off...
Old 03-28-2006, 07:51 AM

Default Re: Bosch Fuel Pump Question

hmmm looks the same....

maybe Flamenco-T can give us a description on the difference.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bosch Fuel Pump Question (93H22ACX)

Damn it, went downstairs and looked at my pump and its the same part number, and to make it worst, I didnt even get a sticker on my pump....
Old 03-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 03-29-2006, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Bosch Fuel Pump Question (D@nnY)

show me.... i'd like to buy one
Old 04-04-2006, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bosch Fuel Pump Question (93H22ACX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93H22ACX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">show me.... i'd like to buy one </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-04-2006, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bosch Fuel Pump Question (poorboyj)

the reason why its cheaper is becasue tohse companys stock 1000's of them when you buy in bulk you get stuff cheaper...... stan probably buys a few at a time so doesnt get them for the same price thus he most sell it at a higher price..... but im sure jay racing doesnt give you the support stan would if you have issure..... i just bough the kit from him and got it a few day ago
Old 04-04-2006, 01:30 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18c1turboedEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok i have been searching for a fuel pump and have found the following

There both External pumps but part numbers are diffrent what is the diffrence?

1st one
http://www.jayracing.com/

2nd one
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1551140

So what is the diffrence? They both look the same and use AN fittings, so please explain?or help me out? </TD></TR></TABLE>

There a couple of different Bosch pumps out there, teh one you are showing is the Bosch 044 and Fast Turbo's is the Bosch 0402. I had bought one a few years back for cheap at a National auto parts store but didnt have the fittings on it either like Fast Turbo sells his with. Also these pumps are all stock Porsche pumps in certain years, I did MUCH research on these like 5-6 years ago. Endyn sells them also.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:32 PM

the one stan sells is the 0402 044 not just a 0402 read the top.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:42 PM
New User

Default Re: (hybrdthry911)

whatever, I know what Stan gets the pumps for and he could not sell for what the other guy does or he would lose money. Some people get better deals somehow.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

with the internet, i think its standard procedure for buisness's to loose money on parts sales now a days

shop A does a $50,000 dollar order and gets the deepest price level. shop B orders the same parts, but only a few at a time. shop A obviously can sell the parts cheaper (in some cases cheaper than shop B can buy them for) and since shop B has to sell the parts at a higher price (even though they are making less profit" shop B somehow becomes a "ripoff"

this industry is stupid. everything is so whored out its getting hard to make 10% proffit, and people still bitch about the prices. the only way a shop/company can make any money is to do LARGE volumes. these large volumes turn into longer turn around times, companies that are harder to get ahold of, etc....and go figure..that turns into more bitching!!

90% of the customers in this industry are trying to put the companies they shop with out of buisness.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The only thing I see thats stupid is how much products are marked up in the first place....

if this pump can be had for 185$ shipped why would someone pay 329 for it?

how can you blame someone for buying it where they get it for the best price....it keeps the market honest and makes companys compete for your business....I dont see a problem with that

why should only people with 20 grand to spend on their motor get to participate in this sport?
Old 04-04-2006, 03:16 PM
New User

Default Re: (Turbo-charged)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo-charged &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">with the internet, i think its standard procedure for buisness's to loose money on parts sales now a days

shop A does a $50,000 dollar order and gets the deepest price level. shop B orders the same parts, but only a few at a time. shop A obviously can sell the parts cheaper (in some cases cheaper than shop B can buy them for) and since shop B has to sell the parts at a higher price (even though they are making less profit" shop B somehow becomes a "ripoff"

this industry is stupid. everything is so whored out its getting hard to make 10% proffit, and people still bitch about the prices. the only way a shop/company can make any money is to do LARGE volumes. these large volumes turn into longer turn around times, companies that are harder to get ahold of, etc....and go figure..that turns into more bitching!!

90% of the customers in this industry are trying to put the companies they shop with out of buisness. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That is exactly 100% true. It is sooo unfortunate actually. When I was on a DEALER level with a certain Turbo company I couldn't sell shti since the Distributors would sell at a Dealer level or less, now being a Distributor it is still hard cuz the other one's are still whoring it out!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D@nnY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The only thing I see thats stupid is how much products are marked up in the first place....

if this pump can be had for 185$ shipped why would someone pay 329 for it?

how can you blame someone for buying it where they get it for the best price....it keeps the market honest and makes companys compete for your business....I dont see a problem with that

why should only people with 20 grand to spend on their motor get to participate in this sport?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Uh Stan at Fast Turbo doesn't even get these pumps for $185 Danny, I know what he pays and when he resells he is not making a huge killing either. Also people need to realize companies have overhead some don't or not as much as others BUT one thing is Credit Card vendors take approx 3% on each transaction too or Paypal fees etc etc. The people whoring stuff out won't be in it for long, once they graduate college or move out of mom's and pop's house And honestly I get people all teh time say i can get so and so for $xxx on Ebay, my cost is 9 times out of 10 higher than teh Ebay prices
Old 04-04-2006, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (D@nnY)

on the flip side of your statement....i'll ask another question.

you say why should only people with 20 grand be able to participate in the sport.

i ask......why should only companies with 200 million dollars be able to stay in buisness?

dont take my post the wrong way........i understand where your coming from....but once you own a shop...and its your source of income....and you have to pay 10,000 a month to be legit..........you quickly look at things differntly
Old 04-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

haha.... i spent the money to become a distributor with the same company.....and i can get the turbo's elsewhere for cheaper. i cant begin to explain how much it pisses me off.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:21 PM
New User

Default Re: (Turbo-charged)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo-charged &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">on the flip side of your statement....i'll ask another question.

you say why should only people with 20 grand be able to participate in the sport.

i ask......why should only companies with 200 million dollars be able to stay in buisness?

dont take my post the wrong way........i understand where your coming from....but once you own a shop...and its your source of income....and you have to pay 10,000 a month to be legit..........you quickly look at things differntly</TD></TR></TABLE>

Again Joe hits the nail on the head. Most businesses want to offer the best price to teh customer WELL at least I do BUT there still needs to be a profit margin too. You can't give the stuff away or make less than 10% on everything really.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:31 PM

Default Re: (D@nnY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D@nnY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I looked up the part numbers....its the same pump

the guy that bought a pump from him even comapred them and they are the same
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i was agreeing with you not boosted though. he said the 0402 wasnt the same as the 044 when in fact it is, its just the first half of the part number. so both are the same
Old 04-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hybrdthry911)

Ok so my orginal question are they the same pumps? thats all i really wanted to know!!! Sorry Stan!!!
Old 04-18-2006, 03:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B18c1turboedEK)

Yes, these are the same pumps.