Notices

Boostlsveg's 92 cx street/strip build thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boostlsveg's 92 cx street/strip build thread

Alright guys I've had a build thread in the appearance build section for awhile now documenting this build but I figured I would put one in here now since it is nearing completion. My goal for the car is to run real low 10s possibly high 9s this season. I plan to pretty much max the turbo out on e85 hoping for around 725 -750 whp. The car will b tuned by a friend of mine Derek (d-rob) @ IMW in Carlisle. My setup will consist of:
Short block:
99' gsr block golden eagle sleeved and oringed
Ls crank
Manley turbo tuff I beams
JE pistons 84.5 mm ~9.4-1 got this shortblock used from a guy on here with ~1000 miles on it.
Oem honda bearing
Oem gsr /itr oil pump w/toda gear
Oem timing belt
Arp head studs
GE head gasket
Ati race damper
Hasport mounts
Head:
I have an itr head which I had new guides,seals n valve job done on that I was planning to use but due to me being a bonehead n giving the guy the wrong caps when I sold my other head I now cannot use (sent him the caps I had, never received the ones I needed from him :/ ). So now I got another b16 head yesterday which I will have the same done on once my car gets back from getting the cage put in cuz I'm gonna leave this head bolted up while it's out there and I need this valvetrain.
Skunk2 pro series springs n titanium retainers
Supertech black nitrate flat face std sizevalves
Oem prelude spring style lmas with a shim
Supertech keepers
Skunk2 pro 1s and pro series cam gears
Turbo setup:
Afi top mount wrapped in dei exhaust wrap
Tial 44 wastegate
Tial bov
Precision 6265 .82 ar t3
Precision 750 intercooler
Cx 3" ic piping fab'd by me welded by d-rob
Not sure yet if I'm going with an up pipe setup or a pass side exit. Was planning on routing it out the drivers side but now I realize I'm not gonna b able to do that.
Ignition setup is stock with msd wires but that will change I just haven't decided exactly what I'm gonna go with yet.
Fuel setup:
ID 2000s
GE fuel rail
-8 an feed stock feed used as return, same as -6 basically
New tank
Aeromotive fpr
Victor x im
Blox 74mm tb
Speedfactory 4bar map
Hondata s300 with BBG
Defi blueracer gauges- boost,water temp, n oil pressure
Autometer cobalt tach
Still need to pick up an innovative lc2 wideband
Still need to pick up a pump. Plan is a walbro 450 -already ran 8awg and 50 amp relay for this but I'm thinking about picking up a dual pump hanger if I can find one for the right price.
Fuel lab 10 micron filter
Also have a go-autoworks rad and fan shroud
Spal 13" hp fan
Bwr catch can
Go-autoworks clutch line
Omnipower coilovers
Gonna get strange rears for the track
Kirkey race seat
Gforce harness
Comp twin disc
Stock axles for now
Tilton flow control valve
Gsr trans with mfactory LSD and ls fd gearset will b heat treated which I still need to send out so for now I'm putting in my stock gsr spare which works out cuz then I'll know whether this one needs any work or not.
Got ssr comp 15x6.5 these weigh like 8 lbs
M&H street/strip bias ply 235/60 gonna try hard to get into the tens on these on high boost
Also got some welds coming here shortly
Will b most likely running 24.5x9.5 but not sure I might try the 25x8.7 either way m&h racemasters
Car will b painted this year but that is the very last thing on my list of things to do.
Now for a $hit ton of pics lol
Sorry about these pics being out of order btw.
Let me know what u guys think! Mike
Attached Images                                
Old 02-13-2014, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Boostlsveg's 92 cx street/strip build thread

Nice build. Hope u get those numbers ur seeking. I'm seekin 700s myself.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This thing gonna see any street use?
Old 02-13-2014, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ballistic1350
This thing gonna see any street use?
yessir not my daily or nothing but mid summer when it's nice out I'll drive it a lot.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Keo00civic
Nice build. Hope u get those numbers ur seeking. I'm seekin 700s myself.
thanks man I hope so too! Honestly tho when I started this build I was only looking for 650 so I'd b happy with that, but I've since gotten a lil greedy n decided well just max it out n c what it can make. Lol
Old 02-13-2014, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Trying to decide between a fastline shifter and a k tuned shifter. Suggestions? Wasn't planning on getting a diff one but it appears that with the rib guards on this kirkey seat I will need a taller shifter. I like the fact that the k tuned one is adjustable, just not sure about the height. How tall is it compared to the fastline? Thanks for any help. Mike
Old 02-14-2014, 04:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good, Mikie!
Old 02-14-2014, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I also have a very similar build going.
Check my thread out too.
It's a little less baller but I've got some big whp
Dreams too
Old 02-14-2014, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by chickenbandit
I also have a very similar build going. Check my thread out too. It's a little less baller but I've got some big whp Dreams too
yea I've been following ur build also it is very similar to mine. Good luck with it.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So I received my shroud today n at first glance it looks like I'm not even gonna b able to use it as the fan is bigger than the damn shroud. Lol I'll have to get into it more this week sometime and c if I'll b able to make it work. I doubt I'm gonna b able to tho. I was thinking I would b able to cut the hole bigger n drill new holes but it's not gonna work out that way I don't think. It is a nice piece tho n it will bolt nicely to the rad.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by boostlsveg
So I received my shroud today n at first glance it looks like I'm not even gonna b able to use it as the fan is bigger than the damn shroud. Lol I'll have to get into it more this week sometime and c if I'll b able to make it work. I doubt I'm gonna b able to tho. I was thinking I would b able to cut the hole bigger n drill new holes but it's not gonna work out that way I don't think. It is a nice piece tho n it will bolt nicely to the rad.
I'm having the same problem with rad fan shroud fitment with my turbo build.

I spent $400 on the t1 shroud and spal fan combo just to find out it dosent fit with my current intercooler piping.

I've decided to switch to a spall medi profile (2.5 thick) push fan

This frees up a lot of room.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the info. I don't have that problem cuz I routed my piping up threw the stock intake hole. I think I'm just gonna mount mine directly on the rad since it basically covers the whole rad anyways I don't really think the shroud will b necessary.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got some more goodies in the mail today! Also talked to 4130 today and I'm taking my car out Monday so they can start putting the cage in!
Attached Images         
Old 02-24-2014, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Got my shifter the other day! Also a pic of the car stripped back down, motor pulled on the way to 4130 fab for a 10pt cage! Btw those guys r cool out there! Shop is legit as **** n real down to earth guys, n his personal car is real bada$$! Thanks to the guys that recommended I go there!
Attached Images    
Old 03-08-2014, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Got my welds today! They r sweet! Can't wait to throw some slicks on them. Question for u guys that do rim screws, how far in from the outer lip do they normally go? Also picked up a used afx wideband the other day from a buddy of mine.
Attached Images  
Old 03-13-2014, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was able to get my shroud to work. Still need to cut the hole out larger tho.
Attached Images  
Old 03-19-2014, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got my head back from the machine shop today. Gonna order a new head gasket n head studs this week so I can I can get the motor back together so as soon as I get the car back it will b ready to drop in.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You have about the same set up as me. I have the pte6265 and i made 764whp with it but had to turn it way down due to not enough fuel at the time. GL with the build. 9's for sure!
Old 03-24-2014, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CDecker0218
You have about the same set up as me. I have the pte6265 and i made 764whp with it but had to turn it way down due to not enough fuel at the time. GL with the build. 9's for sure!
sweet! What was ur fuel setup? Also how much boost were u running on the 764?
Old 03-24-2014, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have an itr head which I had new guides,seals n valve job done on that I was planning to use but due to me being a bonehead n giving the guy the wrong caps when I sold my other head I now cannot use (sent him the caps I had, never received the ones I needed from him :/ ). So now I got another
Dude on my first LSV build I bought a bad PR3 head on ebay which looked to be fine from the ad and the pictures but the price was too good to be true. The cam journal at the dizzy had scoring from oil starvation and the cam cap was toast....

Anywho I ended up finding a guy here on HT at the time who sold me his cam cap and so I took the head to Clearwater Cylinderhead in my area and they added weld to the damaged journal and align honed the journal to spec and everything worked just fine for the 3 yrs I ran that motor.....

BTW that's cool your using Bradpenn oil. I don't live in PA but ive been to Bradford PA and have been past their refinery in the middle of Bradford near Zippo
Old 03-24-2014, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have the bolt sized/thread pitch for this? I bought a clutch inspection plate (that is this, right?) and I don't know what size bolts to use.

Thanks

Also, looks good so far. Hope you achieve the 700 goal. That shifter looks mean haha. What padding are you using with that seat? Looks like it'd be hell for the streets though.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DC_Legacy
Dude on my first LSV build I bought a bad PR3 head on ebay which looked to be fine from the ad and the pictures but the price was too good to be true. The cam journal at the dizzy had scoring from oil starvation and the cam cap was toast.... Anywho I ended up finding a guy here on HT at the time who sold me his cam cap and so I took the head to Clearwater Cylinderhead in my area and they added weld to the damaged journal and align honed the journal to spec and everything worked just fine for the 3 yrs I ran that motor..... BTW that's cool your using Bradpenn oil. I don't live in PA but ive been to Bradford PA and have been past their refinery in the middle of Bradford near Zippo
yea I was looking into doing that but it's pricey to have it done so I prolly got about the same into changing to this other head. Cool brad pen is made in pa I didn't even know that lol.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Freemananana
Do you have the bolt sized/thread pitch for this? I bought a clutch inspection plate (that is this, right?) and I don't know what size bolts to use. Thanks Also, looks good so far. Hope you achieve the 700 goal. That shifter looks mean haha. What padding are you using with that seat? Looks like it'd be hell for the streets though.
thanks. it's called a clutch case cover. There's two diff size bolts 6mm and 8mm I'm pretty sure the pitch is 1.25 but not 100% on that. If u need the bolts tho u can just get them off hondapartsnow or at a dealer. Don't have any padding for the seat right now, I do gave a cover tho which is padded a lil bit. I'm just gonna get some padding from a fabric store n put that on there once I can sit in it n figure out what areas r gonna need it.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea I was looking into doing that but it's pricey to have it done so I prolly got about the same into changing to this other head. Cool brad pen is made in pa I didn't even know that lol.
As I recall I didnt spend a fortune to get this fixed, I'd estimate at my budget at that time (2007 and in college) I probably spent no more than $100 if not less.

But yeah Bradpenn gets the "Brad" because its another product of Bradford PA where Zippo lighter started out too.....its literally on the boarder of NY. I've been up there twice cause my girls folks use to live there and worked for Zippo otherwise I'd have no clue about it, I know you cant get that stuff iin FL where I live lol.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Freemananana

Do you have the bolt sized/thread pitch for this? I bought a clutch inspection plate (that is this, right?) and I don't know what size bolts to use.

Thanks

Also, looks good so far. Hope you achieve the 700 goal. That shifter looks mean haha. What padding are you using with that seat? Looks like it'd be hell for the streets though.

whatever thread pitch honda uses, there either 14 or 17mm head ...cant quite remember and theres also a 10mm head bolt

Quick Reply: Boostlsveg's 92 cx street/strip build thread