Notices

Boosted Type R... need more info

Old 03-04-2003, 11:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boosted Type R... need more info

alright... im gonna be picking up a turbo kit for my ITR soon.. but i have some questions for some of the people with boosted ITRs on this board...
What kinda spark plugs should i be using? part #?
how much boost can i push in order to keep up with that godforsaken 91 octane?
I have skunk2 stage 1 cams laying on my floor.. are those too aggressive for boost? or are the Type R cams fine... if the skunk2s are ok... will they give me a lil bit more power? or it wouldent make much of a difference? will the skunk2 cam gears do me any good when im boosting? what about for fuel tuning....?
sorry for so many of the questions... plz id apprieciate offers for helping me out and take ur time.. thanx

~Dre
Old 03-05-2003, 12:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Boosted Type R... need more info (Lost Type R)

You need to learn how to search....this has been covered before...I should know because I have ask the same questions and have gotten answers here.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Boosted Type R... need more info (MiraiZ)

jus makin extra sure bout everything.. wanna play things safe with boost... can i have an answer for jus the skunk2 stage 1 cams? and ill get this thread locked
Old 03-05-2003, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Boosted Type R... need more info (Lost Type R)

alright... im gonna be picking up a turbo kit for my ITR soon.. but i have some questions for some of the people with boosted ITRs on this board...
What kinda spark plugs should i be using? part #?At least two degrees lower. With higher compression three might be suggestable if you turn up the boost more
how much boost can i push in order to keep up with that godforsaken 91 octane? Depends on tuning greatly. Theoretically only about 15psi before the ringlands go, a sleeve cracks, or a rod snaps.
I have skunk2 stage 1 cams laying on my floor.. are those too aggressive for boost? or are the Type R cams fine... if the skunk2s are ok... will they give me a lil bit more power? or it wouldent make much of a difference? will the skunk2 cam gears do me any good when im boosting? what about for fuel tuning....?Cmas would have to be tuned for turbo anyways to get rid of the overlap so it wouldn't matter which cams you used. Use those cam gears though.
sorry for so many of the questions... plz id apprieciate offers for helping me out and take ur time.. thanx

~Dre
The rest of you doubter's will see soon enough. It's almost done.

[Modified by BudaKai, 5:11 AM 3/5/2003]