Notices

boosted-hybrid retune , must read

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boosted-hybrid retune , must read

well i think this post needs to be made, i know there is some stuff being implied about jeff that is not true and i want people to see this. well i have heard that people thing there is some thing wrong with his dyno or he cant tune right or he cant tune a high power making car , well thats all bullshit he tuned my motor from its first start up and broke it on his dyno and made almost 320whp that day on 14psi on a conservite tune. well i whent back today and retuned for almost 18psi with my drag gen3 kit, well i was impressed at the power levels that i got and it shows he can tune great and make power, some people might see the dyno sheet and say only 350whp well , i have 9:1 compression and only a .54 trim turbo kinda small for my goals that i would like to see next year but iam overly satisfied and this in on pump gas, so i think this shows that jeff and phil know whats up with tunning a car and makeing it last. enjoy
Old 07-08-2004, 03:18 PM

Default Re: boosted-hybrid retune , must read (B18C1CYA)

Nice #'s
Old 07-08-2004, 03:21 PM

Default Re: boosted-hybrid retune , must read (9psiTurboSI)

good job
Old 07-08-2004, 03:23 PM
Rocks

damn good numbers
Old 07-08-2004, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: boosted-hybrid retune , must read (Rocks)

Good numbers for a small turbo. do you have rods too? I'd tune for more power if you have rods.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: boosted-hybrid retune , must read (m R g S r)

i have a fully benson built block, eagle 3/8 rods, cp pistons the hole 9, i would go for more power but i dont want to run race gas and the turbo is becoming inefichent so over the winter iam going full-race
Old 07-08-2004, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: boosted-hybrid retune , must read (m R g S r)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by m R g S r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Good numbers for a small turbo. do you have rods too? I'd tune for more power if you have rods.</TD></TR></TABLE>

He's already running 18psi on pump gas. That's excellent.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:46 PM

Default Re: boosted-hybrid retune , must read (coocoo32)

Awesome numbers, that turbo gives you a great powerband!
Old 07-08-2004, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: boosted-hybrid retune , must read (Uncle Dave Macon)

your wrong about the dyno readings mike with the full-race gsr made like 515hp or some thing like that on a dynojet, and then with every thing the same nothing changed did like 496or 498 ish is waht jeff told me the dynopack reads lower because it more accurate, and no i dont have the a/f chart but the target was 11.2:1 or 11.5:1 yes it is a little rich but i want this thing to be safe and be able to take a beating
Old 07-08-2004, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Uncle Dave Macon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">decent numbers sure, but dynapacks read quite a bit higher than dynojets or mustang dynos.

i would probably say its just over 300 whp, which is mere average.

oh wait, 18 psi, hrmm.... Id expect more than that even with a 54 trim

and where are the AFR charts?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have three direct comparision between my dyno, and a dynojet dyno. All three of the cars made less power on my dyno by approximately 10-20whp, or approximately 5% less power. You can configure the software settings to read higher, but I choose to mathematically calculate the ramp time which accurately loads the hubs with the precise loading the car would see on the street given optimal traction. I feel this is a more fair representation than trying to get big numbers and impress everyone.

I am very happy with Ron's tune. Shut the engine down at 8200rpm in boost, pulled the plugs and not a single sign of knock. He is running 11.5:1 air/fuel and very conservative timing (about 16-17 degree total advance).
Old 07-08-2004, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: boosted-hybrid retune , must read (boosted hybrid)

You get good numbers with a good tuner!!! Great job jeff.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im glad u got your car back to the dyno.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like the numbers, especially for the turbo, i have the drag intercooler that came with the kit and i am worried about efficiency and stuff
Old 07-08-2004, 04:33 PM

Default Re: (mrbsponge)

Awesome numbers man!!! Congrats!!
Old 07-08-2004, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mikes01GSR)

thanks everyone for the positive feedback, and i think the drag kit has reached its limits and might be time for a new intake mani aswell iam very happy with the car and how it runs for having 880cc injectors, there is just some stuff you cant change with running with that big of one but iam very happy and the car is out of control fast
Old 07-08-2004, 04:51 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Uncle Dave Macon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

why didnt you pull the plugs right after the dyno on the car that blew up after you tuned it?

if those numbers are accurate, they are pretty decent, but every dynapack numbers ive seen are always way high. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you have a problem with Jeff? What's up your ***? And every Dynapack I have ever seen has always been low...what's your point?

IMO, a tuner is one of the hardest jobs to have in this industry...EVERYTHING can usually be blamed on you but 99% of the time it's really someone else's fault.

Jeff...nice job! The customer is happy!

Old 07-08-2004, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i belive jeff pulled the plugs because we are at the limit pritty much on pump gas, if i recall sir-kid was running 5lbs, and that motor clearly had mechanical issues that limited its outcome and longevity. clearly was not the tunner falt your car makes what it makes plane and simple.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:53 PM

Default Re: (B18C1CYA)

Hey Jeff you want to fly out to WA

nice work btw.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Uncle Dave Macon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

why didnt you pull the plugs right after the dyno on the car that blew up after you tuned it?

if those numbers are accurate, they are pretty decent, but every dynapack numbers ive seen are always way high. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I pull the plugs on cars that I tune if I feel that they have a potential to knock, or give an indication of knock on the dyno graphs. The "other" car that I tuned that "blew up" did not go as a result of tuning. The first pull it made no power, from that point I should have known something was wrong with the engine itself. I assumed it was the turbo since the compressor was damaged pretty bad. That specific engine gave no indication of knock on the dyno graphs (you can easily see misfire or knock on the dynapack, I keep saying this but people dont seem to hear me at all). You can clearly hear audible knock from the engine while on a dynapack because of the lack of noise from the rollers, again knock was not encountered. The car left running 100%, with again no signs of knock while checking the a/f with a quick street tune. If at any time I felt that the engine was knocking/misfiring/etc I would have pulled the plugs, it wasnt so I didnt bother. This is the last time I will address this "issue", the engine was tuned safely.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i dont want people to start bringing **** up about sirkids car in this post , the reson i posted was just to show that jeff is a great tunner and to show my results to the ht peeps, and get feadback
Old 07-08-2004, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

very nice numbers. I will vouch for Jeff's work. **** look at my car. i havent even pressed the envelope yet . and the tune is only about an hour tune and im making awesome power. Jeff after we retune with the 67 on my car, im gonna get back on Mikes dynojet to see how much a diff i see between the 2. im sure it will be the same.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:16 PM

Default Re: boosted-hybrid retune , must read (itr206)

It was nice to see a car put down some power again. Your friend Eric's car made some nice power for what it was, those graphs should be up tomorrow along with yours becuase I forgot the camera and usb link today ... Blah Blah ... Hope your having fun with that "**** your pants" power that comes on "oh so quick".
Old 07-08-2004, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: boosted-hybrid retune , must read (pkoury)

well iam not driving it tonight , i allready got one ticket today i dont another, hey that **** stick sirkid keeps sending me some nasty ims btw
Old 07-08-2004, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

because people dont know hes a good tuner???

why the hell do you think I brought my car to him in the first place??????

doesnt mean he doenst make mistakes though! (which still hasnt been proven or unproven)

anyways. hope you have fun with the car! Ill go back to knitting cause I know nothing about cars nor am I rich enough.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it was speeding, shitty 125.00 fine, man theres alot more i could do with that money

Quick Reply: boosted-hybrid retune , must read