Notices

Boosted b16a2

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boosted b16a2

Hey all ive never ridden in a boosted car before, and im seriously deciding to boost my em1. Right now the joy I get out of my car is hearing my vtec roar past 5600, and just hearing the engine all the way to 8k. It sounds so beastly, and yet just in a civic. I feel like im going fast... and thats what matters most to me =D Thats what makes me happy. Now I love spending my cash for more performance, recently I did a full suspension, and now im looking to upgrade my motor. I want to get the most bang for the buck, which is why im here.

So I want to hear from your guys' experience, especially those with boosted b16a2. (I only know a little bit about boost) How does the b16a2 SOUND with boost? How does it sound when you crossover vtec? How does it sound to redline? I cant imagine its the same, but do you still a sense of satisfaction out of it? Will I still be able to take it rev happy to 8k or more?And does it sound better with an atmospheric or looped bov?

as you guys can see i love the sound of my b16 at high rpm. So i guess in short my question is vtec + turbo =? (I know somebody will make a stupid comment outta this lol =P)

It would be great having that HUGE extra boost of more Horsepower, but if i dont enjoy driving the car daily....

I know these questions are tough to answer. Everybody has different opinions. So you konw... just throw out what you got. Going boost is a huge decision for me
Old 12-22-2007, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Boosted b16a2 (riceforlife)

your b16+peakboost kit= fun you will enjoy it
Old 12-22-2007, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Boosted b16a2 (Throwdown)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Throwdown &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your b16+peakboost kit= fun you will enjoy it</TD></TR></TABLE>

i do concur... got a few friends who have that setup very nice!!! how much? hehe