Notices

Boosted Automatic Drivers

Old 04-02-2002, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boosted Automatic Drivers

I am one of those unfortunate people that was bitten by the speed bug AFTER they bought a car equipt with an automatic trans. Anyway, i'd like to give my integra LS some testicular fortitude. I've been told to just get a JRSC and if i wanted more power, get an 8 PSI pulley. That it will be gentle on my motor and trans compared to a turbo kit. If a turbo kit runs 7 PSI and my JRSC would run 8 PSI, i don't see how that is any more gentle. Then i was told that an auto trans and a turbo that has to spool up are a bad combo and the JRSC is better for me. I feel like i don't have much of a choice here. Anyone know how much power a daily driven auto trans can hold reliably? Advice from boosted automatic drivers please!!!
Old 04-02-2002, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Boosted Automatic Drivers (SlowAutoLS)

Awesome I get to reply about something I know about.

First welcome to the SMALL "in the closet club" of auto trannies. Search up my last couple posts w/ search function to get a feel for what I went through. Mods are listed below.

I looked into getting a JRSC for a LONGGGGGG time, but never did. Why? well I felt if I was going to drop 3g's on a kit alone I wanted the most bang for the buck. JRSC will NOT GIVE YOU THE BEST BANG FOR THE MONEY imo. I got turbo because there is just more power, mabye not immediate but definatly more w/o all kinds of crazy tweaking etc.

I'm not a car genuis and my car is not tuned properly yet but she runs real nice. My car however thinks the auto tranny is broken (it can't be if I''m driving it with no problem). The car runs sweet, turbo makes insane power at 7psi, sound is orgasmic.... I highly recommend a turbo setup imo but you WILL NEED TRANSMISSION WORK, otherwise you'll have to swap. I garuntee the tranny won't last long bone stock. I plan a complete levelten overhaul within a month, so I'll be the first that I know that actually got work done by them. Theres just no real info on auto trannies and boostin.
Old 04-02-2002, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Boosted Automatic Drivers (shadowdawn)

Awww, but tranny work = many months of saving instead of having fun this summer The levelten bullet proof trans does look kick *** though. Just not the wicked price tag. That almost doubles the cost of me going with the turbo.
Old 04-02-2002, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

slowauto, if u want a good deal on a jrsc, theres one on ebay right now... only a few hours left... right now its at 800 bux
Old 04-02-2002, 04:49 PM
New User

Default Re: Boosted Automatic Drivers (zojirushi)

zojirushi : what is your S-AFC HACK ? explain, and is a good ?

SlowAutoLS: i'm an another person with an auto teg and want boost. i am looking into greddy w/out the IC, but i plan to get a aftermarket torque converter, and a tranny cooler, and trying to find something that helps my tranny for boost, b4 i get the boost. btw JRSC is good for daily driving and street.
Old 04-02-2002, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Boosted Automatic Drivers (integrx)

Are the JRSC auto drivers having any trans problems? Sounds like the turbo makes too much torque for the stock trans. I just don't want to drop a couple thousand on something thats gonna break my trans down the road. This is my daily driver. Once i'm happy with my integra it's on to finally swap a B18c turbo into my crx Damn hooking up cars takes a long time when you're poor.
Old 04-02-2002, 05:55 PM

The jrsc could be just as damaging as running a turbo at 7psi or just as damaging as a greddy kit (ESPECIALLY NON INTERCOOLED). As for the tranny I would HIGHLY like NO JOKE recommend you getting the tq converter, tranny cooler, bigger tranny fluid pump and later on the PTS kit installed. They do not make a full trans for our car, only the converter cooler and pts kit.
Old 04-02-2002, 05:58 PM

How do you know what stall speed for the torque converter?
Old 04-02-2002, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

call level 10 or protorque up, they can help you...

as for the s-afc hack:
http://www.thedropshop.tv/vafc.htm

enjoy, its not my website...
Old 04-02-2002, 08:05 PM

Stock stall speed on out cars = 1800rpm, after levelten (I already talked with sam over there about it) it will be changed to 2800rpm in that area.
Old 04-02-2002, 08:31 PM

There's someone on this board that is selling a JRSC kit for a pretty good price. It was used for 18 months and comes with upgraded 8 lb pulley and kamikazi 4-1 header and other goodies. I'm not sure if hes still selling but if you guys are interested, his email is scott.whitney@verizon.com

(spelling)

[Modified by Newbie In A Teg, 5:33 AM 4/3/2002]
Old 04-02-2002, 10:50 PM
New User

Default Re: Boosted Automatic Drivers (Newbie In A Teg)

spending all that money for an overhaul.. wouldnt you rather just do a manual conversion?
Old 04-02-2002, 11:46 PM

Default Re: Boosted Automatic Drivers (dlplayboy)

No, nuff said
Old 04-03-2002, 12:23 AM

I would do an automatic buildup too if i wasn't poor!
New York City traffic sucks!!!
Old 04-03-2002, 02:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

automatics can be fast. we have a civic hb that was running an stock LS motor auto with nos/turbo that ran mid to high 12's. that car had an awesome take off with barely any wheelspin.
Old 04-03-2002, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: gravity rides everything...everything will fall, se GA/ne FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Boosted Automatic Drivers (SEFI8LOxCivic)

yes i am there and have been through this with my hatch and i agree. i have a 93 gutted hatch that has ls drivetrain that 'used' to be auto. on 6 psi, the car ran 8.5-8.6 all day and night in the 1/8th mile with a 2.1 60' on stock 13 wheel and tire...yes i was working tt supras, 7's, corvettes...you get the idea. i converted my car to manual myself and upped the boost a tad and now my car runs on average of a second slower for some reason. i want to build the busted auto tranny and put it back in because i liked it better for dragging. it was just consistent and was damn fast. and the good launch is probably from the slippage in the converter probably the same principal of a lsd. you will shame lots of people when and if you have a fast auto...i used to hustle the **** out of people and it was too fun. i have a fellow auto dragger with a del sol and revhard stage 2 who just had the complete level 10 rebuild. e-mail stevelewis@netzero.net for any questions and his opinions on the tranny...i don't think he has quarter e.t.'d it since the rebuild. "i regret putting the 5-speed in my car". yes it is more fun to drive and you don't always get made fun of but who gives a fock. oh yeah! my stock tranny took about 3 months of boost torture at 6 psi and then died suddenly so be careful!!! good luck.
Old 04-03-2002, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Boosted Automatic Drivers (not so civic)

not so civic - when you said your friend with the Sol got "the complete upgrade" for his auto, what did he replace? If i purchased a Level 10 torque converter and PTS kit can i boost with worries???