Notices

boost trouble....

Old 05-20-2004, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost trouble....

hey...
i`m new to forced induction things but i`ve been for a while posting in the eg forum... anyways who cares about my story??
i recently turboed my b16 eg using a garrett t3/t4 .60/.63 stage III turbine with the ss autocrap manifold and tial 38mm wg. besides all other stuff. i`ll post pics soon.
ok this is my second tial i try, and i tried a turbonetics waste gate too to see if problem persists. and yeah its still there.. the problem is that the engine is reaching 10 to 11 pounds on 1st and 2nd gear and in third is jumpig up to 18 pounds when the tires grip... i didn`t go through 4th and 5th yet because of the problem.. so what could that be???????

the boost contoller is set to minimum

don`t worry about the engine it won`t break cause it`s well stuffed

thanks.....
Old 05-20-2004, 05:51 PM

Default Re: boost trouble.... (schtozo)

boost spike.. that manifold probably has a shitty wastegate location OR if your using a boost controller the problem could lie with that thing being very un efficient
Old 05-20-2004, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: boost trouble.... (J337_UNIT)

ok....
my mechanic told me the same thing about the manifold. the wastegate is looking upwards, so he told me that he is gonna solder an extension tube in form of U so we can mount it looking downwards or so.... and see if the problem goes. but another friend of mine told me that that is called boost creep?? so what i have to do is to use an electronic boost controller instead of the manual? so what do ya guys think????
Old 05-20-2004, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

was just gonna add that the ss auto chrome mani is not crap.. ppl flame it because its cheap but ive been runing it and so has my friends and never had problems with it.. make sure ur vacum is hooked up right.... and if that is correct, then try to run of the wastegate, take the controler off
Old 05-20-2004, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: boost trouble.... (TurboHybridEG6)

my manifold isnot giving me problems but i said that cause here ppl say that. i like my manifold and it`s nice too.
about the problem... wa tried it with out the controller. and same **** happens... so i dunno know. what do you think it could be???
Old 05-20-2004, 06:59 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by schtozo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok....
my mechanic told me the same thing about the manifold. the wastegate is looking upwards, so he told me that he is gonna solder an extension tube in form of U so we can mount it looking downwards or so.... and see if the problem goes. but another friend of mine told me that that is called boost creep?? so what i have to do is to use an electronic boost controller instead of the manual? so what do ya guys think????</TD></TR></TABLE>

its not because the wastegate faces in a certain direction, but its because where the tube is PLACED... if the wastegate placement is unstrategic, you will get boost creep, spike, etc.. which is what your experiencing.. anotherthing that could cause that is what i said before abou tthe boost controller.. a shitty boost controller..usually the home made types.. but i have no experience with a boost controller because im using a spring without a BC. id like to hear from someone whos experienced this problem and see what pointers they might give
Old 05-20-2004, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: boost trouble.... (J337_UNIT)

ok.... i understand now... i`m using a turbonetics b.c and tial 38mm wastegate with .60/.63 stage III turbine garrett. so you asume that it`s the location of the WG??