Notices

boost experience i've now learned that B18c5=bad for boost

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost experience i've now learned that B18c5=bad for boost

i decide share my boost experiece... well me and my fellow crew (Team-ButterflyR) got nothing to do one day and decided to put my t3 turbo on one of my friends newly bought integra type r. Well we hooked everything up and made sure everything was good to go then we started her up (sounds angry .). We put the boost at 13 psi and took it for a ride and wow what a ride . pulls like a farrarai . 3 hours later black smoke came out of my boys itr then the engine died out as we were halfway home. 2 weeks later my friend told me the dealer said he has a fried engine . Fried engine on an ITR Dealer refused to fixed his car-my friend is trying to sue them for the damage . i hope he wins i'm guesing that the engine fried because of a factory error. well just a heads up you people b18c5+boost= fried motor. If you want boost go h22
Old 07-23-2004, 09:00 PM

Default Re: boost experience i've now learned that B18c5=bad for boost (Vin_Cena)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vin_Cena &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i decide share my boost experiece... well me and my fellow crew (Team-ButterflyR) got nothing to do one day and decided to put my t3 turbo on one of my friends newly bought integra type r. Well we hooked everything up and made sure everything was good to go then we started her up (sounds angry .). We put the boost at 13 psi and took it for a ride and wow what a ride . pulls like a farrarai . 3 hours later black smoke came out of my boys itr then the engine died out as we were halfway home. 2 weeks later my friend told me the dealer said he has a fried engine . Fried engine on an ITR Dealer refused to fixed his car-my friend is trying to sue them for thedamage . i hope he wins well just a heads up you people b18c5+boost= fried motor. If you want boost go h22</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok you are definitely in the dark about anything turbo related if you think you can slap any turbo on ANY motor and it wont blow without tuning.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:02 PM
95GSRTT

Default Re: boost experience i've now learned that B18c5=bad for boost (Vin_Cena)

And your friend trying to sue the dealership for your stupidity? Your a ******* moron.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You blew the engine and you're trying to someone else for it. That and slapping 13 psi on a bone stock engine makes you a ******* moron for sure.

Cliffs: You = Scum that I avoid
Old 07-23-2004, 09:09 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: boost experience i've now learned that B18c5=bad for boost (Hawkze_2.3)

did you skip the part about how you had it properly tuned so that you could safely run said 13 pounds of boost?
Old 07-23-2004, 09:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, you slapped a turbo at 13 PSI on a bone stock engine with no fuel management at all, with stock injectors, and thought that it wouldn't break?

You were going lean at 3 PSI, let alone 13.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:15 PM

Default Re: boost experience i've now learned that B18c5=bad for boost (Dengar)

Bahahaha...
Old 07-23-2004, 09:33 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vin_Cena &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">. 2 weeks later my friend told me the dealer said he has a fried engine . Fried engine on an ITR Dealer refused to fixed his car-my friend is trying to sue them for the damage . i hope he wins i'm guesing that the engine fried because of a factory error. well just a heads up you people b18c5+boost= fried motor. If you want boost go h22</TD></TR></TABLE>

People like you and your friend are (refrains from going further...) I'm guessing that neither you nor your "crew" know anything about cars or turbo setups. You put a turbo setup on an ITR, made no fuel/tuning adjustments, and killed the motor with 13+ pounds of boost.
Now your all for suing someone!!! For your mistake... I wish people like you and your friend would stop wasting peoples time and learn to live with YOUR mistakes.

BTW, I hope your buddy loses money on the attorney. I hope he loses the case. And I hope he has to buy a new engine.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:36 PM

God dam give the guy a break *** holes
Old 07-23-2004, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what a moron. why boost a h22? cuz it wont blow? a ******* ITR compression is off the charts bro for BOOST, not to mention with no ******* tuning, the damn near same thing would happen sooner or later on a h22 wit a setup like u did, u kno nothing about tuning and how to turbo a car, leave this Fi forum b4 we all lose 34 points off out TURBO IQ level not to mention the crew u all partake in, i feel bad for the customers...
Old 07-23-2004, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wade)

I'm sure you put a turbo on and ran 13psi with a stock map sensor.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:41 PM
TurboJesse

i can't believe you guys think this guy is for real...If he had teh ability to "throw" a t3 from another car on the type R just for the hell of it i dont' think he would be making posts like this.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:45 PM
95GSRTT

Default Re: boost experience i've now learned that B18c5=bad for boost (Mpir3)

Seriously I think you should take your T3 and throw it on ALL of your buddies cars and turn it up all the way to 25 psi. It wont hurt the motors at all. I mean since the catalog stated it could go up to 25 psi, its gotta right? Your either bored out your ******* mind and just decided to toss this up or your really that ******* stupid and I hope the car blows up with you in it next time.

I swear who the **** slept on their shift when they were suppose to be cleaning the gene pool.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:46 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mpir3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i can't believe you guys think this guy is for real...If he had teh ability to "throw" a t3 from another car on the type R just for the hell of it i dont' think he would be making posts like this. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought about that after I posted. There is no way this guy is for real. No one can be that stupid. I think it's "almost" humanly impossible.

His other story:
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=935374
Old 07-23-2004, 09:47 PM

this thread should be locked
Old 07-23-2004, 09:53 PM

Default Re: boost experience i've now learned that B18c5=bad for boost (FOrSfEd)

people this is just my experience/opinion and there is no need to flame. I just thought that it would be a good thing to warn you people about the b18c5 motor??? aren't we here to learn . all i'm saying is that the b18cr should never be mixed with turbo(horrible experiece) just my 00.2 cent opinion. TEAM-Butterfly!
Old 07-23-2004, 09:58 PM

Default Re: boost experience i've now learned that B18c5=bad for boost (FOrSfEd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FOrSfEd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this thread should be locked</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think his whole computer should be locked. His previous threads/posts speak for themselves...
Old 07-23-2004, 10:04 PM

Default Re: boost experience i've now learned that B18c5=bad for boost (rondigs)

umm, noo. Any motor is bad if you have no clue on what the hell you are doing. There are plenty of people running stock b18c5 that have had no problems me being one of them.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

HAHAHAHA! IDIOT.

"Ferrari, too much for you pal."

in before the lock.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:50 PM

lol

don't boost brigs and stratton lawnmowers either they don't hold up to 23.253 psi. I put a t3/t4 on one with pull through the stock carb and wouldn't you know it blew up too.

lol also in before the lock