Notices

Boost Controller

Old 08-25-2003, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost Controller

So, what are the real benefits to having a 500+$ Electronic Boost Controller other than the ability to:

A. Have two+ boost settings (some manual ones have this feature)
B. Have Scramble Boost Mode
C. Alow gear/speed/rpm based boost levels (Which doesn't make sense to me since I would have thought you want MAX boost in ALL gears at ALL speeds at ALL rpms)

Is it really worth 500$ ?

Latta
Old 08-25-2003, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Boost Controller (Kack)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kack &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So, what are the real benefits to having a 500+$ Electronic Boost Controller other than the ability to:

A. Have two+ boost settings (some manual ones have this feature)
B. Have Scramble Boost Mode
C. Alow gear/speed/rpm based boost levels (Which doesn't make sense to me since I would have thought you want MAX boost in ALL gears at ALL speeds at ALL rpms)

Is it really worth 500$ ?

Latta</TD></TR></TABLE>

A. You can have a setting for street use when you feel conservative and one for track use when you go all out.

B. why not?

C. If you have a front wheel drive car, you don't want to be hitting boost right quick because of traction issues. Thats why rpm/gear based boost controls comes in handy. They throw the power in where you get the best amount of traction Just Give that one thought .

If you dont care for any of these settings. Just get yourself a good MBC. http://www.boostcontrollers.com carry's Hallman boost controllers. They are awesome manual boost controllers that start at 45 bucks and they are less prone to boost spike like the "home depot" ones people make.

You can also get yourself a profec B spec2 for around 300 shipped. Good boost controller for the money with lots of features(i have this one myself, but i still gotta install it).