Notices

boost on a c5

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost on a c5

What is your opinion on a typer R going boost did i go wrong in getting the type R if i want to go boost or is it just going to cost me much more money to build power with boost
Old 05-29-2007, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Default Re: boost on a c5 (clutch6racerone)

I'm boosting my stock ITR motor next week. If you tune it properly, maintain it well, and keep the overall WHP levels below ~300-325whp, it'll be pretty reliable.

Then again, if you plan on beating the **** out of it daily, I suggest building it with some forged pistons and rods.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:18 AM

Default Re: boost on a c5 (clutch6racerone)

wow, im really surpised you have not been raped for asking that question, and im typically not the type to say search, but DAMN! Learn what forced induction (boost) is, then you will have more specific questions and you will probably get more help.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: boost on a c5 (turbodohcsi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbodohcsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow, im really surpised you have not been raped for asking that question, and im typically not the type to say search, but DAMN! Learn what forced induction (boost) is, then you will have more specific questions and you will probably get more help.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was going to go off on him, but something must be wrong with me today because I actually answered his question!
Old 05-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: boost on a c5 (boostincoupe)

IMO the only thing the c5 is good for is a bone-stock daily driver. If you turbo it, you could have bought a c1 with pistons/rods, and have a 400whp dd that will last much longer.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: boost on a c5 (HiProfile)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">IMO the only thing the c5 is good for is a bone-stock daily driver. If you turbo it, you could have bought a c1 with pistons/rods, and have a 400whp dd that will last much longer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What about those of us who got a great deal on our ITR motors? I had a tired stock GSR motor, and I parted it out and paid for the ITR motor in full with that money.

It helps to have a buddy with an ITR who went K-series
Old 05-29-2007, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostincoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What about those of us who got a great deal on our ITR motors? I had a tired stock GSR motor, and I parted it out and paid for the ITR motor in full with that money.

It helps to have a buddy with an ITR who went K-series </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well for every one guy who gets a deal on an ITR, there's at least five guys who get a GSR for a steal, and 10 ls-vtec guys who get a free block and cheap head, and likely 1 guy who finds an dirt-cheap assembled & sleeved sohc that will support more whp [for longer] than any of those w/o any more work. Taking into account average prices, that actually makes the gsr's cheaper still. FYI I do know people who've bought ligit, complete gsr swaps and sleeved d's for a fraction of the fair market value.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostincoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What about those of us who got a great deal on our ITR motors? I had a tired stock GSR motor, and I parted it out and paid for the ITR motor in full with that money.

It helps to have a buddy with an ITR who went K-series </TD></TR></TABLE>

agreed i got my b16b swap for 2500!! and now im boosting it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well for every one guy who gets a deal on an ITR, there's at least five guys who get a GSR for a steal, and 10 ls-vtec guys who get a free block and cheap head, and likely 1 guy who finds an dirt-cheap assembled & sleeved sohc that will support more whp [for longer] than any of those w/o any more work. Taking into account average prices, that actually makes the gsr's cheaper still. FYI I do know people who've bought ligit, complete gsr swaps and sleeved d's for a fraction of the fair market value.</TD></TR></TABLE>

there is always a better deal out there thats for sure. but with the type r motor hes also got the lsd trans, the bigger cams etc... so it should be good for boost too. most of those lsv or gsr guys end up buying a bigger intake mani and bigger cams which the R already has, im not disagreeing with you just giving my .02
Old 05-29-2007, 11:16 AM

well, 99% of the people who gota deal on a b18c5 have a stolen motor

1% either got it from a friend who has a type r or a junk yard
Old 05-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (94typeR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94typeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well, 99% of the people who gota deal on a b18c5 have a stolen motor

1% either got it from a friend who has a type r or a junk yard</TD></TR></TABLE>

ehhh i disagree, guy i got it from even gave me the invoice from the original purchase! i guess im just that 1% then?