Notices

BOGGING jrsc on a gsr

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOGGING jrsc on a gsr

ok so i've searched and have still came up with no solution as to why my car bogs. My setup is a Stock gsr with a JSRC kit. FMU is about the only fuel upg. The problem is while im driving it seems to bog while im cruising around town. Like say im going 50mph it'll start to bog, then i give it gas it goes but the car will jerk hard. Funny thing is my temp gauge is also reading cold Like ALL the time so i figured my thermostat is going out. But will this cause the bogging? Before when my temp gauge was showing like a little bit below 1/2 it would run smooth. now its doing it all the time becuz im running cold. But it would bog out a little too even when it warmed up
Old 08-08-2006, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: BOGGING jrsc on a gsr (vietxdragon)

im not sure why its bogging but im sure you need toget rid of the FMU!
Old 08-08-2006, 11:34 AM

Are you running a missing link?
Old 08-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

missing link? im running the fmu becuz thats what it came with i just want to get this is good running condition
Old 08-08-2006, 01:30 PM

Default Re: (vietxdragon)

could be your sparkplugs or a vacuum leak
Old 08-08-2006, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah wat spark plugs would i run? would i just get stock ones? or a step colder? i also plan to drive this car in the winter soo i dont know if i should change the thermostat to a stock one as well wen i replace that. how do i find a vacuum leak?
Old 08-08-2006, 05:43 PM

Default Re: BOGGING jrsc on a gsr (vietxdragon)

If you coolant temp sensor is screwed up it might be staying in open loop. Easiest thing to do would be to hook up a scanner and make sure all the pid's look peachy.

And to all of the nutswingers who are all omgwtffmu!?! STFU. They work, though they don't give you the ability to fine tune for maximum hp, they do what they're supposed to do and as long as you have the correct diaphragm in there they'll be safe.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

coolant temp sensor? what do i use to check if this is going out? my car is giving me a headache.... so far its been bogging the whole day i drove it-- temp gauge is alwase cold as well, my paps thinks my car is bogging due to the motor not running at the right temp and not enuf fuel
Old 08-08-2006, 06:42 PM

I had the same problem a few years ago. Do you have a fuel pump? I replaced my stock pump with a walboro and it took care of the problem.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

currently i am running a stock fuel pump. i figured it is a fuel problem. Will the stock gsr injectors handle the JRSC? or should i get some h22 injectors?
Old 08-08-2006, 06:51 PM

I ran stock injectors, the jr fmu, and a walboro 255 pump. The pumped solved my problem. I tried everything ignition wise first and none of that helped. The fuel pumps are rather inexpensive. It's worth a shot.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:20 AM

If boosting using a FMU you will need a missing link to hide boost from your ECU or you will go into limp mode when boost is recognized. Basically your ECU dumps fuel once the excess air is recognized. That could be the issue.

Regarding injectors, the FMU is made to work with your stockers, that is not the problem unless they are clogged.

With the liitle powr you are making, there is no need to upgrade your fuel pump.

Add amissing link and the car should run smoothly. They can be had for less around $50 or so.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i figured i wouldnt need to upg anything else , im just using this car as a DD and dont plan to mod my car more than it already is til spring. ok well so i replaced my thermostat and its still bogging. But alteast i got that out of the way. A missing link? ive heard of those can u make those yourself? thanks for your input those junglesnake but im not positive if that'll be the fix. Next im gonna check my intank fuel filter. Please anyother advise or comments would be hopeful.!! oh yeah i got another question for the ppl with a JRSC. Whats that little black canister thing? It;s like a actuator or w/e its near the throttle body. It seems to open or w/e wen the throttle is moved to certain point, what does that do?
Old 08-09-2006, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

did soem searching about the missing link. My car hasn't popped up with any CEL yet but the owner before me did say it showed up then it went away, not sure what he did but either way hes pretty shady. So now that i think of it that missing link might do the trick. Is their a positive way of checking if I need a missing link?
Old 08-09-2006, 11:22 AM

No thereis no way of checking.....You need a missing link to run boost on a stock Honda with an FMU regardless, its just a known fact. You have to hide boost from your ECU and that is the only way to do it. Now if you have a piggyback system or Standalone, then you want your ECU to see boost, hterefore, no need for a missing link.

These take about 5 minutes to install and can be had on Ebay for the low.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ahh ok i shall invest in one of those or either a safc2
Old 08-09-2006, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok well im thinking of doing the check valves thingy, the aquarium style with the 5 check valves. But will that even work since i have a ob1 gsr? i need to get my car running right til i can get crome or something along those lines help would be nice.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

YOU DON'T NEED A MISSING LINK for jrsc, there is no boost where the throttle body is, there is only boost in the intake manifold itself and the charger is between that and the throttle body

change your fuel filter, get an upgraded pump, and get some ngk bkr7e-11 plugs and that may fix the problem.

also try checking your ignition components if that hasn't been changed
Old 08-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well so far i replaced my stock injectors with some 310cc injectors of a h22. Running smoother but still bogging. I also pulled my plugs , i was running lean so its definitely fuel problem.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:15 PM

Ultraspeed is 100% correct, you don't and cant use a missing link on a jrsc setup. A missing link is only for boost pre throttle body, using an FMU, and stock ecu. Try a new fuel pump, and make sure you have your fmu set right.

For any other jrsc ?'s go to the what jrsc setup are you running thread
Old 08-09-2006, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ty for the help ppl! sc4dr, thats pretty cool i got a JRSC 95 db8 too :D just running limp mode right now lol
Old 08-09-2006, 06:46 PM

4 doors are faster
Old 08-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

definitely! well looking through some old threads, i've came to conclusion that my FMU may need to get changed. I have a gauge but doesnt have the right fitting. Its a Fuel Pressure gauge that goes on the black canister(fuel filter) but the fitting i got is too small, Does it matter what the Fuel Pressure should be at? since im running a stock fuel pump and 310cc injectors? or should it still be the stock 40psi?
Old 08-10-2006, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok so i have a feeling my timing may not be right. I checked my timing just right now and its on the top mark of the 3 on the crank pulley which in this pic i found is 14BTC

i know my timing should be retarded 10 degrees but how would i know that if the 3 tick marks read 14 16 and 18?? can someone lead me towards the right direction for retarding your timing to 10 degrees?
Old 08-15-2006, 02:33 PM

Default Re: (Ultraspeed DC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ultraspeed DC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">YOU DON'T NEED A MISSING LINK for jrsc, there is no boost where the throttle body is, there is only boost in the intake manifold itself and the charger is between that and the throttle body

change your fuel filter, get an upgraded pump, and get some ngk bkr7e-11 plugs and that may fix the problem.

also try checking your ignition components if that hasn't been changed</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your right....I was replying thinking turbo the whole time. The sensors never pick up the boost pressure since it doesn't pass thru the throttle body.......where is that axe in the head icon when you need it?

Quick Reply: BOGGING jrsc on a gsr