Notices

BLOCK SLEEVING???

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BLOCK SLEEVING???

I was just wondering who you guys recommend and warn against doing the sleeves on a turbo b16 ?I also would like to hear why you recommend them and why not to use a specific person or shop?I searched but most of the posts are about someones friend or brother, I would like to hear first hand experience and whether or not you preffer open or closed decks and why?
Old 10-16-2004, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BLOCK SLEEVING??? (siblues)

Im going to comment on the Closed deck and open deck sleeves:
There's the argument that open deck sleeves are weaker at high boost and that Closed deck sleeves offer a better foundation for boosting.
Somewhat true, but my opinion is that closed deck blocks are good in extreme cases. 95% of boosted motors wont need the closed deck design. Open deck will suffice with the amount of boost the street and race motors are using today.

If you gather a survey, most turbo setups are below 35 psi. and Open deck sleeved blocks are good enough at this level. We have plenty of open deck Sleeved blocks/engines pushing 600-800hp on gas and they hold up very well.

Old 10-17-2004, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BLOCK SLEEVING??? (exospeedAMcrx)

Do you guys do the sleeving on premises or do you have someone else do it?How much would it be to have you assemble the and sleeve the shortblock if I supply the parts and to get the headstuds installed ?What is the warranty on the work?Thanks
Old 10-17-2004, 06:56 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 218 Likes on 196 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by exospeedAMcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im going to comment on the Closed deck and open deck sleeves:
There's the argument that open deck sleeves are weaker at high boost and that Closed deck sleeves offer a better foundation for boosting.
Somewhat true, but my opinion is that closed deck blocks are good in extreme cases. 95% of boosted motors wont need the closed deck design. Open deck will suffice with the amount of boost the street and race motors are using today.

If you gather a survey, most turbo setups are below 35 psi. and Open deck sleeved blocks are good enough at this level. We have plenty of open deck Sleeved blocks/engines pushing 600-800hp on gas and they hold up very well.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
I would definitely have to agree with you guys.... CONSIDERING I DO HAVE AN EXOSPEED/RS MACHINE sleeved block!!!
Old 10-17-2004, 07:30 AM
95GSRTT

Default Re: BLOCK SLEEVING??? (NVturbo)

earl and benson, hands down
Old 10-17-2004, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: BLOCK SLEEVING??? (95GSRTT)

earl and benson, hands down
Old 10-17-2004, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by siblues &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do you guys do the sleeving on premises or do you have someone else do it?How much would it be to have you assemble the and sleeve the shortblock if I supply the parts and to get the headstuds installed ?What is the warranty on the work?Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

We have the machines at another local location right now. We just moved into our new shop recently and waiting for the next door shop to move out in January so we can take that space as well and have everything the machining operations, fabrication and engine building all in one place. Unfortunately, it had to happen this way, it was difficult finding a location big enough here in the Los Angeles Metro area.

Check out our website for complete assembled blocks. our work is warrantied based on what we do. of course we dont cover things like if you detonated your block. its limited to the work that we did.
Old 10-17-2004, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Exospeed sleved blocks are great pieces of work.. My motor has put up with alot of abuse and will hold up to alot more... High horsepower and high boost will be no problem for the open deck sleves, as long as its properly tuned and maintained of course..

Mike...
Old 10-17-2004, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BLOCK SLEEVING??? (95GSRTT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrettyLude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">earl and benson, hands down </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 10-17-2004, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by siblues &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> and to get the headstuds installed ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL, you mean turning the studs so they screw into the block?