Notices

blitz scramble boost(help me Please!!!!!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blitz scramble boost(help me Please!!!!!!!)

Ok I have a blitz dual sbc type-s boost controller( http://www.blitz-performance.c..._id=9 )
and i dont know if its just me or its just hard for me to understand the scramble. like for example I know that you can use the boost scramble to add more boost on top of your current boost but my thing when i set the seconds is it the seconds for the boost scramble to kick in or how long the boost scramble stays on? then while i was reading bout it some more it was saying something about how the limiter and the scramble work hand and hand so im kinda of confused on how to set the scramble up with the limiter? if anyone can help me it would be very helpful. please put it in laymen terms and not make it as confusing as blitz does.

thanx in advance

Modified by ACrite3404 at 12:03 AM 9/23/2007
Old 09-22-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Re: blitz scramble boost(help me Please!!!!!!!) (ACrite3404)

need help please
Old 09-22-2007, 05:18 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: blitz scramble boost(help me Please!!!!!!!) (ACrite3404)

scramble boost is a set option that is used mainly for track racing in which when the button is pressed, for a brief period of time (in seconds) a higher boost setting (that you are assumed to have already tuned for and can safely run) is enabled on the boost controller.

Hypothetical. - You're at a road course in which a lower boost setting is optimal for most of the track in order to keep up. You then come to the last turn to the main straight and want passing power to shorten your lap time. You only have time to press the button once (so you can concentrate on driving ) after that number of seconds, the boost controller automatically goes back to its original setting. Your overboost and warnings need to be preset in order to take advantage of this, so you don't overboost. This is why it is stating that the limiter and scrambler go hand-in-hand.

Greddy's PRofec B Spec II has a similar option available, but it is in a wireless remote setup, in which one button click goes to the HI BOOST setting (again, already predetermined hopefully by your tuner) and can be depressed again to go back to the lower setting. These are most advantagous in road racing, and not necessarily in a street situation. In drag racing, many engine management systems can be configured to do this based upon speed or gear. Blitz/Greddy/HKS don't think about drag racing as much as most customers do in the US, so its advantages are not always realized.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Re: blitz scramble boost(help me Please!!!!!!!) (TheShodan)

thanx