Notices

Blind tune personal experience thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blind tune personal experience thread

What's up guys? if you're running a blind tune tell us about your setup, the tuner and how your experience is/was using it.

The professional tuners in my area wont touch anything but hondata, aem, etc. So, I'm stuck running a blind tune until I can get down south to some real tuners.
lmk your experience plz, ktnx.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Blind tune personal experience thread (jdm_vtec)

A blind tune? Do you mean a basemap?
Old 01-27-2008, 11:26 AM
i ♥ snails

a blind tuner?
Old 01-27-2008, 11:28 AM

lmao.. a blind tune, base map, A TUNE WITHOUT A DYNO!
Old 01-27-2008, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (quicksilver1689)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quicksilver1689 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a blind tuner?</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol
Old 01-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (quicksilver1689)

lol
Old 01-27-2008, 11:45 AM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

try not to hit boost, thats all i can say!
Old 01-27-2008, 12:12 PM

Default Re: (tannerLSt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tannerLSt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">try not to hit boost, thats all i can say!</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you know how to read a wideband and plugs, what's the problem?
Old 01-27-2008, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (jdm_vtec)

What the hell are you talking about? You can't just make up a term and expect everyone to know what you are talking about.

First you say 'basemap' which means no tune at all, then it sounds like you might mean a street tune in your last post. I'm going to recommend you don't boost at all either
Old 01-27-2008, 12:29 PM

Default Re: (Bailhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bailhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What the hell are you talking about? You can't just make up a term and expect everyone to know what you are talking about.

First you say 'basemap' which means no tune at all, then it sounds like you might mean a street tune in your last post. I'm going to recommend you don't boost at all either </TD></TR></TABLE>

Look, I don't care what you recommend.. if you know anything about tuning or have the least bit of logical thinking, you can put two words together and determine what they mean. If you can't then you shouldn't be making recommendations.

With that being said, xenocron and phearable offer blind tune maps to get customers on the road, at least until they can get to a tuner. This is what I mean by a blind tune, for the weaker minds, such as bailhatch.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So, in other words, you want to know if it is ok to run around untuned on a basemap.

Short answer, no.

My predictions for this thread:

A bunch of people will say no, OP will argue, one person will say yes, OP will decide to listen to him. Classic H-T.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:54 PM

Default Re: (Tippyman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tippyman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So, in other words, you want to know if it is ok to run around untuned on a basemap.

Short answer, no.

My predictions for this thread:

A bunch of people will say no, OP will argue, one person will say yes, OP will decide to listen to him. Classic H-T.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I came here for advice.. the only person i'm disagreeing with is the putz that told me to not boost my car

my theory is, if the ignition timing is setup properly, and the fuel is rich from the start.. then all I need to do is watch AFR via wideband and pull fuel until it's right..

so many of you guys say dyno tune is the only way, otherwise you'll blow up your car.. if you don't tune or have experience with a street tune then you shouldn't be replying to this thread..

this thread is the major reason I only come here to sell parts.. you're all bandwagon enthusiasts who take everything you read here like it's written in stone for the masses.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:55 PM

it's like a play ground for the special ed class around here.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So you're not talking about running on a basemap. You're talking about doing a street-tune?

It's not as precise as a dyno tune but I know plenty of people that have done it locally with good results. Personally, If I'm spending all that money on a setup, why skimp on the one thing that keeps it together?
Old 01-27-2008, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

one time i tuned this guy's car with a blind fold on and his car went boom
Old 01-27-2008, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SOHC_MShue)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">one time i tuned this guy's car with a blind fold on and his car went boom </TD></TR></TABLE>

Lol.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:06 PM

Default Re: (SOHC_MShue)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">one time i tuned this guy's car with a blind fold on and his car went boom </TD></TR></TABLE>

cool
Old 01-27-2008, 01:07 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdm_vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it's like a play ground for the special ed class around here.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdm_vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
my theory is...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's the thing. Your THEORY is just that. You don't know what you are doing and can't even use the right terminology so that those of use that DO know what we are doing can help you. Plus your attitude is preteen at best. So good luck "blind tuning" your car and not having any sense of humor at all

Old 01-27-2008, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdm_vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you know anything about tuning or have the least bit of logical thinking, you can put two words together and determine what they mean. If you can't then you shouldn't be making recommendations.

With that being said, xenocron and phearable offer blind tune maps to get customers on the road, at least until they can get to a tuner. This is what I mean by a blind tune, for the weaker minds, such as bailhatch.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, when I first saw the term, I saw it as

Blind=you don't see ****

tune=adjusting ems parameters.

So I figured blind tune meant adjustment of the parameter in the EMS when you don't know **** about what your tuning. Basemap is a pretty commonly used term so if you'd titled the thread "Basemap personal experience thread" it would've probably been alot easier so far.

To answer your question, I've done alot of Deaf Tweaks for customers as part of my eeprom housing unit modifications. They are not intended to be used as something you street compete or force pressure on. The Tweak is just something meant for you to drive your motorcart to someone that isn't Hellen Keller.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:12 PM

Default Re: (Bailhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC000E &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
To answer your question, I've done alot of Deaf Tweaks for customers as part of my eeprom housing unit modifications. They are not intended to be used as something you street compete or force pressure on. The Tweak is just something meant for you to drive your motorcart to someone that isn't Hellen Keller.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the problem is no one in my area will dyno tune the ems I use, so my only option is to street tune it. I'm not paying for some hondata crap when my freeware does the same thing, just because the shops around here disagree with freeware
Old 01-27-2008, 06:23 PM
GDD's Dr. Phil?

Drive south, there are a slew of tuners that do crome and ectune...

by the way I assumed "blind tune" was a street tune without a wideband... Street tune is fine, and safe.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

have you talked to Mase i know he is in your area..its a shot
Old 01-27-2008, 06:49 PM

Default Re: (Throwdown)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Throwdown &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">have you talked to Mase i know he is in your area..its a shot</TD></TR></TABLE>

i haven't spoke to him directly, but i talked to the place he works and they said only AEM or hondata. i'll try asking him on the side, but i'm afraid he's going to say the same.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

he can only so no... but just PM him and find out

Quick Reply: Blind tune personal experience thread