Notices

big turbo build HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 big turbo build HELP!!

so i am new to the HT forums and i have already learned alot just by some other people questions being awnsered.
So i have a foor door integra with a b18c5 motor that is all ripped apart and getting ready for port flow. During this time i am replacing the whole valve train and head components. Block is getting sleeved and low comps going in. i have a massive t3 turbonetics charger mated to a custom manifold with synapse engineering wastegate. Also running hondata s300. so heres my question(s)

i would like to keep most of the parts in the same family ie: skunk2, crower, buddy club.
All 3 of those companies make almost all i need minus low comps, so which is the most reliable? Skunk2 seems tried and true, crower seems a bit from the norm but an admirable company, and buddy club is a solid JDM company that has been building type r's for more years than i can think of. So which do i go with. Should i keep my stock cams or is it better to replace them with skunk,crower,BC to match the head?
Last question, besides darton who makes block sleeves and what reccomendations can iget for how much to bore the block out. I would love to run a 2.0l ITR but is it practical. Thanks for any opinons and ideas of what to run here. Im working on this thing to be as close to the DB8-R as possible, already got real hi/low ITR front end and bumper/ dash etc. Motor is where i want to really start and do some good damage with. Thanks again.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:37 PM

Default Re: big turbo build HELP!!

I don't know of any other company that sells sleeves induvidually besides Darton unless you send it to Golden Eagle, Inline Pro, Benson, etc. As far as cams im going with ITR's becaue im on a budget and I don't need to rev to 10k anyways so it's a cheap alt. but ultimately it's all on preference and budget
Old 06-19-2009, 10:49 AM

well thanks for the on person who gave me an idea is there anyone else who can chime in with there 2 cents. Im thinking i am going with skunk though
Old 06-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am building a H22 and I just got all skunk2 stuff as far as the head goes.

Jeff Evans really likes their cams (the tuner1s or the pro1s depending on your turbo size) He has seen 60whp gain over ctr cams.

Read what he wrote about them here: http://forums.evans-tuning.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5518

If you have any questions email him. He got me a great deal on all the skunk stuff as well
Old 06-19-2009, 03:37 PM

hey thanks alot yeah i think i am going to use skunk2 for all my valvetrain components i have recently seenmore and more great results with skunk products and they seem readily available. thanks for the link good stuff!!!
Old 06-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no problem!