Notices

My 300+hp goal.

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 300+hp goal.

i have been reading up a little lately on all the b16 turbo setups. getting ideas from different people and friends. i have put together a list of parts i want to use on my turbo project. i wont be starting this project till early january, but i want to research what i can before i jump into anything. i dont have much experience with turbos or engine building for that matter but i am learning what i can when i can as i go. my original plan was to go all motor but i decided to scrap that idea because i think by going turbo it would be cheaper and yield ALOT more power. so what i am asking is if you guys can help steer me in the right direction. this is my daily driver and only car. current motor is a B16a with an LS transmission. see what parts on my list need changing for others and what-not. i would really appreciate all the help i can get. now on to the list.

Head
mild port and polish
skunk2 valve springs and retainers
cams - either GSR or CTR/ITR (undecided)
skunk2 pro series intake manifold (already on the car)
70mm throttle body (brand - undecided)

Block
<U>Basic stock rebuild</U>
rings
bearings
etc...
i will be reusing the stock rods and pistons
ARP headstuds
might use ARP rod bolts also

Tranny
as of now i have an LS tranny on it's way out so thinking of getting a B16
and installing an LSD(brand - undecided) with the LS 5th for the highway.
Stage 3 clutch(brand- undecided)
stock flywheel

after this i will run the motor to completely break-in all the parts and save more money so i can put a turbo kit together. just a quick question. if i used GSR/CTR/orITR cams would i have to tune it to run this car during the break-in? or would it be bolt-on and go no worries?

Fuel management
255 walbro fuel pump
i'm hoping to push around 300+hp so i was thinking of either 5XXcc or 6XXcc(leaning more towards the 6XXcc to be on the safe side and will give me some room to expand) injectors.
aftermarket fuel rail(brand - undecided)

Turbo
i honestly dont know which turbo or brand i want to go with. i want something that will spool around 4500-5000 and pull hard all the way till 9000+ so i need some help on this one.

Manifold
either a ram horn or twisted ram(brand undecided)

Exhaust
more than likely a 3in downpipe to a 3in exhaust and not sure on what muffler to go with. i have a magnaflow currently on the car but doubt i will be able to keep it.

i know there are little misc. things i am missing. but if i am missing some major parts please let me know what they are and what i should go with. im hoping you guys can steer me in the right direction to reach my goal. thanks in advance for any and all help.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:15 PM

Default Re: My 300+hp goal. (hondamn1320)

If your doing a rebuild anyway I would just save up and get forged pistons/rods. You're always going to want more power.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally would suggest the same combo i have on my car. I love it and it sounds like you're looking for something similar. Its on page 2 or 3 of this thread. There is information about it, my dyno sheets, and pricing. Its worth looking at...my numbers are in my sig

http://hondamarketplace.com/zerothread/2017644
Old 11-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My 300+hp goal. (BlueSi2k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueSi2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If your doing a rebuild anyway I would just save up and get forged pistons/rods. You're always going to want more power.</TD></TR></TABLE>

reason for not doing an all out build is money. right now i have no job and no cash. so i will be doing a stock rebuild then i will have to find a job and save the money to buy my turbo kit.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get the GT2876R with a .82AR
it will make u the power u want and in the powerband u want as well
Old 11-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If your doing a rebuild you should purchase a complete gasket kit for the motor and thats all I would replace in the head. You can get alot of power without modifing the head. If you go with factory rods you cant use arp rod bolts. YOur going to need a some sort of engine management also. I suggest hondata but there are cheaper solutions, along with purchasing hondata your going to need a map sensor (if your boosting more than 10pds.) and you probably will want a boost controller especially if you want to use the cool features that hondata offers but all this is at least $1000 more. Dont forget the tune either.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Sr420Det)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sr420Det &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If your doing a rebuild you should purchase a complete gasket kit for the motor and thats all I would replace in the head. You can get alot of power without modifing the head. If you go with factory rods you cant use arp rod bolts. YOur going to need a some sort of engine management also. I suggest hondata but there are cheaper solutions, along with purchasing hondata your going to need a map sensor (if your boosting more than 10pds.) and you probably will want a boost controller especially if you want to use the cool features that hondata offers but all this is at least $1000 more. Dont forget the tune either.</TD></TR></TABLE>

im getting a deal from a homeboy and badass mechanic down here where i live. all of this is coming out dirt cheap especially since i am going to be helping him. i didnt forget about the tune. i already have that in mind.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the motor is apart. Do your self a favor & buy some pistons/rods (eagle/cp) etc..

For engine management, look into a chipped ecu on eCtune, Neptune, Hondata etc.

For injectors, look into larger injectors then you need such as 880cc. (They can be tuned to idle like stock)

Do some research concerning what turbo you would like to run :-)
Old 11-12-2007, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i thought the same thing at first that i can save a lot of money without getting new pistons and rods. Chances are you will need new pistons anyways because if you hone out the cylinders you are still taking away metal which means your piston-wall clearances will be way out of spec. I would suggest a similar setup to what i have...i still kept my stock rods but i got je pistons with a -1.17 dish..and i got all new bearings in the bottom end with a polished crank.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:30 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondamn1320 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have been reading up a little lately on all the b16 turbo setups. getting ideas from different people and friends. i have put together a list of parts i want to use on my turbo project. i wont be starting this project till early january, but i want to research what i can before i jump into anything. i dont have much experience with turbos or engine building for that matter but i am learning what i can when i can as i go. my original plan was to go all motor but i decided to scrap that idea because i think by going turbo it would be cheaper and yield ALOT more power. so what i am asking is if you guys can help steer me in the right direction. this is my daily driver and only car. current motor is a B16a with an LS transmission. see what parts on my list need changing for others and what-not. i would really appreciate all the help i can get. now on to the list.

Head
mild port and polish
skunk2 valve springs and retainers
cams - either GSR or CTR/ITR (undecided)
skunk2 pro series intake manifold (already on the car)
70mm throttle body (brand - undecided)

Block
<U>Basic stock rebuild</U>
rings
bearings
etc...
i will be reusing the stock rods and pistons
ARP headstuds
might use ARP rod bolts also

Tranny
as of now i have an LS tranny on it's way out so thinking of getting a B16
and installing an LSD(brand - undecided) with the LS 5th for the highway.
Stage 3 clutch(brand- undecided)
stock flywheel

after this i will run the motor to completely break-in all the parts and save more money so i can put a turbo kit together. just a quick question. if i used GSR/CTR/orITR cams would i have to tune it to run this car during the break-in? or would it be bolt-on and go no worries?

Fuel management
255 walbro fuel pump
i'm hoping to push around 300+hp so i was thinking of either 5XXcc or 6XXcc(leaning more towards the 6XXcc to be on the safe side and will give me some room to expand) injectors.
aftermarket fuel rail(brand - undecided)

Turbo
i honestly dont know which turbo or brand i want to go with. i want something that will spool around 4500-5000 and pull hard all the way till 9000+ so i need some help on this one.

Manifold
either a ram horn or twisted ram(brand undecided)

Exhaust
more than likely a 3in downpipe to a 3in exhaust and not sure on what muffler to go with. i have a magnaflow currently on the car but doubt i will be able to keep it.

i know there are little misc. things i am missing. but if i am missing some major parts please let me know what they are and what i should go with. im hoping you guys can steer me in the right direction to reach my goal. thanks in advance for any and all help.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

forget the headwork and get forged pistons and rods.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:35 AM
TTT

Default Re: (Schister66)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Schister66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I personally would suggest the same combo i have on my car. I love it and it sounds like you're looking for something similar. Its on page 2 or 3 of this thread. There is information about it, my dyno sheets, and pricing. Its worth looking at...my numbers are in my sig

http://hondamarketplace.com/zerothread/2017644</TD></TR></TABLE>

This will do what you want
Old 11-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Schister66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I personally would suggest the same combo i have on my car. I love it and it sounds like you're looking for something similar. Its on page 2 or 3 of this thread. There is information about it, my dyno sheets, and pricing. Its worth looking at...my numbers are in my sig

http://hondamarketplace.com/zerothread/2017644</TD></TR></TABLE>

i think i missed it. i dont see any setup there. can you be more specific?

what are the safest/most reliable numbers to put on a stock sleeved B16?

what are the safest/most reliable numbers to put on stock rods/pistons for a B16?
Old 11-12-2007, 06:49 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: (hondamn1320)

Simply look at the link and scroll down. you'll see the details of the GT3255B combination.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (TheShodan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheShodan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Simply look at the link and scroll down. you'll see the details of the GT3255B combination.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, its about half way down the page. There are also links to pictures of the setup on my car and my dyno numbers HERE.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh i was looking for a whole motor setup lol. how much did that run you?