Notices

BEST WASTEGATE AND BOV OUT THERE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEST WASTEGATE AND BOV OUT THERE!!!

I just wonder with so many options from greddy, tial, hks to blizt.
Have you guys try different ones what do you consider is the best one out there and why?
What would you recommend and why?
Some people say tial is better than greddy and others blizt over hks, with all this is hard to decide which one to buy and I'm sure other people wonder why you preffer one brand over the other????
Would somebody tell us your experience and recommendation?
Old 10-06-2004, 08:46 PM

Default Re: BEST WASTEGATE AND BOV OUT THERE!!! (POWERINTEGRA)

Tial and Tial except for the paper gaskets they use..just my opinion though
Old 10-06-2004, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BEST WASTEGATE AND BOV OUT THERE!!! (Mrspeaker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mrspeaker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Tial and Tial except for the paper gaskets they use..just my opinion though</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-06-2004, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

when it comes to wastegates i think that tail is the best. BOV who cares they all do the same thing psh psh psh. I do like my tial BOV looks good works great and good quality.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NotUrAvgSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NotUrAvgSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">when it comes to wastegates i think that tail is the best. BOV who cares they all do the same thing psh psh psh. I do like my tial BOV looks good works great and good quality. </TD></TR></TABLE>
ummm good good
2 people like tial
I guess I will base this on how many people using and recommending a brand so far tial is winning
anybody has something to say about other kind and brand of BOV and wastegates???
Old 10-06-2004, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (POWERINTEGRA)

what about turbonetics or greddy I heard seals are not that good on turbonetics waste gates I have no idea but would like to know more.
thanks
Old 10-06-2004, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tial WG and any good brand bov. like hks, greddy, blitz.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (integlspwr2k)

i love my turbosmart 38mm w/g... it holds boost rock solid with my profec b.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tial waste gates only, bov greddy, hks, tial, turbo xs
Old 10-06-2004, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (CivicRyda2k)

I like the turbosmart 35mm and the vortech bypass/bov. good quality and design.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bailhatch)

Tial BOV and Tial 44mm V-band Wastegate.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BodyKits NW)

LOOKS like tial WG is still leading with 5 people liking it.
Why why why??? what's the difference why do you think is better, better material, design, works better what is it?
What I want out of this thread is when people read it, they will go out there and get the best wasgate and BOV knowing they will have stuff that works and has proven performance.

kind of like if somebody was going to give you a choice between 2 motors.
You can only pick one it will be for your civic HB
1- free D15
2-Free GSR
ummm I'm sure most people will take #2 you know what I mean and what I'm trying to get out of the thread?
I just want the best for everybody and just like always get the stuff that works from honda lover to honda lover pass the word
would somebody do a poll to see what waste gate and what BOV takes the most votes??
Old 10-06-2004, 11:36 PM

The reason why people choose tial is cause it works. There prices are great and they have different sizes for everyones needs. I'd had a 38mm tial and never had problems. Never creeped and never leaked. Next time around I'm going to pick up a turbosmart pro-gate. Havnt seen many cars running those.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tial is cheap, readily available, and not as ugly looking as the turbonetics spaceship.

also tial is cheaper then the turbomuff (turbosmart) WG.

Old 10-07-2004, 06:53 AM

The Turbosmart line of wastegates are far superior to Tials. Turbosmart wastegates are made entirely of investment cast 253ma stainless, this includes the valve, which is a one piece design. The use of 253ma allows the user to run race gas through the system without any gunking up or sticking. The process of investment casting is incredibly precise and also prevents any rusting or corroding on the outside of the wastegate. Tials are made of lesser quality stainless that is sand casted. Tial wastegates also feature a two piece valve, which is less durable. And since they use a lesser quality stainless, if you run race gas through it, it will gunk up and stick, causing the system to overboost. I have seen this happen after one use of race gas. And since the Tial is sand cast, it will begin to rust on the back of the wastegate.

If you are serious about your car, definatley consider the Turbosmart wastegates

Oh, I forgot to metion, if you want to go bigtime. The Turbosmart Progate has all the features of the ultragate, same materials and process. But, it has self centering v-bands that are also made entirely of 253ma stainless. The Progate actually flows as much as a HKS 60mm, but since has 45mm opening, it can control the boost better.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:56 AM
sh!t happens.

G

Default Re: BEST WASTEGATE AND BOV OUT THERE!!! (powerls)

Tial wastegate are the best I think. BOV there are alot of good ones. I have haad the turboxs and the greddy type s and hks ss. I wnat to get a tial with my new ic piping. thats just my 2cents
Old 10-07-2004, 07:01 AM

tial WG has worked great for me blowoff vavle just pick the one you think soundsbest
Old 10-07-2004, 07:01 AM

People have put that they like the Tiall, but why do they like the Tial, thats what I would like to know.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by powerls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The Turbosmart line of wastegates are far superior to Tials. Turbosmart wastegates are made entirely of investment cast 253ma stainless, this includes the valve, which is a one piece design. The use of 253ma allows the user to run race gas through the system without any gunking up or sticking. The process of investment casting is incredibly precise and also prevents any rusting or corroding on the outside of the wastegate. Tials are made of lesser quality stainless that is sand casted. Tial wastegates also feature a two piece valve, which is less durable. And since they use a lesser quality stainless, if you run race gas through it, it will gunk up and stick, causing the system to overboost. I have seen this happen after one use of race gas. And since the Tial is sand cast, it will begin to rust on the back of the wastegate.

If you are serious about your car, definatley consider the Turbosmart wastegates

Oh, I forgot to metion, if you want to go bigtime. The Turbosmart Progate has all the features of the ultragate, same materials and process. But, it has self centering v-bands that are also made entirely of 253ma stainless. The Progate actually flows as much as a HKS 60mm, but since has 45mm opening, it can control the boost better.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Chances are if you're serious there is no need for such a large gate as you're using more boost then you're bleeding off. Large gates are great for people who are running unruley track cars on the street and constantly changing their boost pressure levels.

As for the valve sticking, sounds more like a personal problem. I'd like to know what race fuel has that standard pump-gas fuel doesn't that causes this so called "sticking" problem. I think the problem you're refering to is more related to the fact that people run race gas without tuning for it therefore running far too rich (or not advancing the timing enough) which creates an immense amount of carbon buildup. Carbon buildup on a wastegate is the least of your problems in such a scenario. If you think its bad at the gate, take a look at the valves.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

some of the top racers are using turbosmart wastegates and blowoffs. sfp is running both, brent rau is also running the progate. turbosmart is definately a very good product.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BEST WASTEGATE AND BOV OUT THERE!!! (stizzit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stizzit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As for the valve sticking, sounds more like a personal problem. I'd like to know what race fuel has that standard pump-gas fuel doesn't that causes this so called "sticking" problem. I think the problem you're refering to is more related to the fact that people run race gas without tuning for it therefore running far too rich (or not advancing the timing enough) which creates an immense amount of carbon buildup. Carbon buildup on a wastegate is the least of your problems in such a scenario. If you think its bad at the gate, take a look at the valves.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have heard something about the tial's and race gas... something about them not being as durable when running race gas because of the material the valve is made out of. some **** like that.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:18 AM

Default Re: BEST WASTEGATE AND BOV OUT THERE!!! (CivicRyda2k)

tial 44mm wastegate and tial 50mm bov
Old 10-07-2004, 07:24 AM

i have 2000 civic SI turbo Tial Wastegate,Tial B.o.v

Its Def What you want..TIAL!
Old 10-07-2004, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BEST WASTEGATE AND BOV OUT THERE!!! (FOrSfEd)

when i got my tial wastegate and opened the box and read through there instructions it even says not to run race gas with the valve that they give you, they said u half to order a different valve if your gonna run race gas.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BEST WASTEGATE AND BOV OUT THERE!!! (careawholelot)

HKS wastegates are good, so are the bov's

Quick Reply: BEST WASTEGATE AND BOV OUT THERE!!!