Notices

THE best Supercharger or Turbocharger is...

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The best Supercharger or Turbocharger is...

So I was talking to a someone about forced induction and was telling him that I was considering either a Full Race turbo kit or a J's Racing supercharger kit for my K20A. He says I shouldn't bother with either and I should get a KKK Turbo or a Eaton Supercharger if Im looking for the best (which I am)...

So anyway, KKK Turbo (aka Blitz?): http://www.blitz-performance.com/
& Eaton Supercharger: http://www.eaton.com/EatonCom/...x.htm

Now I've heard of Eaton, but never of KKK/Blitz and Im fairly new to this all - so what are your opinions on 'whats best' out their in the TC / SC markets?
Old 02-07-2008, 02:17 PM
i HAS questions ?

Default Re: The best Supercharger or Turbocharger is... (SupaMonkey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SupaMonkey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Now I've heard of Eaton, but never of KKK/Blitz and Im fairly new to this all - so what are your opinions on 'whats best' out their in the TC / SC markets?</TD></TR></TABLE>

There is no absolute 'best', in my opinion. It all depends on what you want to do with the car (power and use-wise) and what your budget is. If you let us know those two things, there are more than enough people on here to point you in the best direction.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The best Supercharger or Turbocharger is... (.dave)

I would go turbo but thats just my .02. I would go with a Garrett turbo such as the GT series turbos. You will find many people run Garrett turbos.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:40 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SupaMonkey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So I was talking to a someone about forced induction and was telling him that I was considering either a Full Race turbo kit or a J's Racing supercharger kit for my K20A. He says I shouldn't bother with either and I should get a KKK Turbo or a Eaton Supercharger if Im looking for the best (which I am)...

So anyway, KKK Turbo (aka Blitz?): http://www.blitz-performance.com/
& Eaton Supercharger: http://www.eaton.com/EatonCom/...x.htm

Now I've heard of Eaton, but never of KKK/Blitz and Im fairly new to this all - so what are your opinions on 'whats best' out their in the TC / SC markets?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You just posted a similiar question a few days ago.... You really need to search and learn. Find what best suits your needs. Powerwise, price wise and functionality wise. then once you get in a ballpark ask some educated questions...

There is no best individual turbo........ It depends on your needs....
Old 02-07-2008, 06:20 PM

hey I think you are getting your information mixed up...a turbo is a turbo, different turbos are better than others, but I think what you mean by companies is their manifolds. Garrett turbos are ball bearing and in many peoples opinion the best out there, Full-Race consistently is known for their manifolds being the best...and their 'Kit' being the best. If I were you I would go with what works...full-race works. But thats if you have $6-7,000 to spend on a turbo kit and then the additional money on building the motor to handle the boost and buy all the other goodies that well built set-ups require....
Old 02-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The best Supercharger or Turbocharger is... (totsie7944)

I think everyone misunderstood the purpose of this thread except maybe totsie7944.

The question here isnt whether I should go TC or SC.
Nor is it if TC is better than SC.

The question is, in the TC scene, who are the "best" and similarly;
in the SC scene, who are the "best"?

As I said previously, I always thought this was Full Race (TC) and J's Racing (SC) - but some doubt has been put in by my friend by him saying its Blitz (TC) and Eaton (SC).

Now, just so that everyone knows, yes - I only want 300-400 whp - and I think both TC or SC could take me there; but thats not what is in question here
Old 02-08-2008, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Jackson Racing uses Eaton Blowers in their kits.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:15 AM

Default Re: (geramy)

id say piece together your kit instead of buying and outright kit. Its cheaper and you get exactly the parts you want for your goals. In terms of "BEST",i dont think there is a "best". full race/peakboost are just two of the top of the line, but i wouldnt say either or is "best".

Like i said,if your fairly familiar with the turbo scene,id definatly piece together my kit. You get the parts you want,that will support your goal,its cheaper in the end,and you can,in most cases, factor in a tuning system and still be equal to or less then a "put together" kits price.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (peakaboost)

Thanks for the opinions guys