Notices

best e cutout?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best e cutout?

i'm getting ready to pick one up and i was just wondering which brand if any is better. so far i've found McCord, QTP, and DMH to be said "the best"
which of these would any of you recommend?
Old 11-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best e cutout? (michael_c)

cmon' doesn't anyone have anything to say about these?
Old 11-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have used a few qtp and had no problems. Just pay a little extra attention to the mounting hardware. The bolts tend to work lose. I tighten them down at put a little tack weld on bolt and nut...
Old 11-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best e cutout? (jfruauff)

otp it is. did you have any issues with it fitting underneath your car? what kinda car did you have it on?
Old 11-09-2007, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i had put them on srt4s. I just bought one for my honda have installed it yet though
Old 11-09-2007, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: best e cutout? (jfruauff)

I have a QTP 3 inch on my EM1 and it hangs a bit low but its not too bad.I havent had any issues with the hardware coming loose either.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best e cutout? (siblues)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by michael_c &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">otp it is. did you have any issues with it fitting underneath your car? what kinda car did you have it on?</TD></TR></TABLE>
who the **** is this guy otp doesn't he know it's qtp

thank ya'll for the input
Old 11-09-2007, 11:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have this qtp unit for sale. only a few months old. have $250 in all of it.. selling for $100 + shipping.

Old 11-10-2007, 05:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i loved my dmh, but the damn thing wouldn't hold together. No leaks or anything and it worked great, but too many vibrations will cause the motor to straight fall off over time. I went through two...granted mine hung very low to the ground and would get owned by pot holes all the time. However my friend had the same one in a spot where it never touched the ground and his motor just straight fell off after owning it for a short time from just simple vibrations. The supports on them just arent strong enough.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: best e cutout? (SOHC_MShue)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i loved my dmh, but the damn thing wouldn't hold together. No leaks or anything and it worked great, but too many vibrations will cause the motor to straight fall off over time. I went through two...granted mine hung very low to the ground and would get owned by pot holes all the time. However my friend had the same one in a spot where it never touched the ground and his motor just straight fell off after owning it for a short time from just simple vibrations. The supports on them just arent strong enough. </TD></TR></TABLE>

my motor broke off too on the DMH but theres a 4 year warranty on them. i got a new motor in the mail in a couple a days. the trick with the DMH cutouts is to put JB weld around the motor and the base of the cutout. this will prevent it from ever falling out. after i did that the motor never gave problems. i would recommend DMH cuz of its small size but i highly recommend JB welding the motor
Old 11-10-2007, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best e cutout? (boosted k20)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike93eh2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have this qtp unit for sale. only a few months old. have $250 in all of it.. selling for $100 + shipping.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
damn already ordered mine

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i loved my dmh, but the damn thing wouldn't hold together. No leaks or anything and it worked great, but too many vibrations will cause the motor to straight fall off over time. I went through two...granted mine hung very low to the ground and would get owned by pot holes all the time. However my friend had the same one in a spot where it never touched the ground and his motor just straight fell off after owning it for a short time from just simple vibrations. The supports on them just arent strong enough. </TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted k20 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

my motor broke off too on the DMH but theres a 4 year warranty on them. i got a new motor in the mail in a couple a days. the trick with the DMH cutouts is to put JB weld around the motor and the base of the cutout. this will prevent it from ever falling out. after i did that the motor never gave problems. i would recommend DMH cuz of its small size but i highly recommend JB welding the motor</TD></TR></TABLE>

sounds like dhm's have a problem holding together. guess it's good thing i ordered a qtp. i'll probably do the jb weld trick before i put it on. thanks guys