Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Laskey Racing

Laskey Racing rocks!!

Last edited by earl; 05-15-2017 at 12:52 PM. Reason: No longer available
Old 07-16-2003, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Benson Sleeved Blocks..How they are made and why they are the best (earl)

I want to be first in line to have a block sleeved
Old 07-16-2003, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Benson Sleeved Blocks..How they are made and why they are the best (Mase)

amazing
Old 07-16-2003, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Benson Sleeved Blocks..How they are made and why they are the best (94goldjungsr)

so 950 for sleeves only w/o labor/installation etc, or 950 for everything? .....
Old 07-16-2003, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Benson Sleeved Blocks..How they are made and why they are the best (94goldjungsr)

It's too bad PA don't have cool **** like this. I like it.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Benson Sleeved Blocks..How they are made and why they are the best (Mase)

They definalty look nice.

What is different about the install process from GEM? To me looking at both install procedures, they seem the same except that GEM uses the hydraulic press. What diff does it make?

http://www.overboost.com/story.asp?id=464
Old 07-16-2003, 09:09 PM
HT's Biggest Loser

Default Re: Benson Sleeved Blocks..How they are made and why they are the best (80884)

Nice breakdown Earl, They look great, Nice price also.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Benson Sleeved Blocks..How they are made and why they are the best (Short Round)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Short Round &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so 950 for sleeves only w/o labor/installation etc, or 950 for everything? .....</TD></TR></TABLE>Includes everything but shipping
Old 07-16-2003, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Benson Sleeved Blocks..How they are made and why they are the best (intekragsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by intekragsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They definalty look nice.

What is different about the install process from GEM? To me looking at both install procedures, they seem the same except that GEM uses the hydraulic press. What diff does it make?
http://www.overboost.com/story.asp?id=464</TD></TR></TABLE>I really don't want to talk about other manufacturers blocks or practices or who is the best. I just want to bring Dan Benson's 25 years of experience to the front. He was the originator of the honda sleeves and is still an innovator for our sport.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Benson Sleeved Blocks..How they are made and why they are the best (earl)

you would send the pistons with the block so they can get the specs of it, correct? any ideas how much extra would it be for install the pistons and rods?

:shakes head: "one day....one day" :shakes head:
Old 07-16-2003, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Benson Sleeved Blocks..How they are made and why they are the best (Infinity_Racer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Infinity_Racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you would send the pistons with the block so they can get the specs of it, correct? any ideas how much extra would it be for install the pistons and rods?

:shakes head: "one day....one day" :shakes head: </TD></TR></TABLE>Yes, you would need to send one piston.
To do that install, you almost have to actually build the entire shortblock.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by earl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I really don't want to talk about other manufacturers blocks or practices or who is the best. I just want to bring Dan Benson's 25 years of experience to the front. He was the originator of the honda sleeves and is still an innovator for our sport.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I understand. Im just trying to figure out which sleeves to choose next after my GEM sleeves. Does Benson have a website or a contact #?
Old 07-16-2003, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Benson Sleeved Blocks..How they are made and why they are the best (intekragsr)

no e-mail or web site...he just machines...does not like to even talk on the phone much, but will answer messages after hours. He is the only machinist so he can't afford to spend time bs'ing on the phone.
Old 07-16-2003, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok i'm a lil confused. In the picture u have a closed deck h series sleeve, but then you say don't ask about closed deck becuase u don't do them. So you don't do closed deck h-series? Also if you do do closed deck h-series, what's the process in that?? It seems to me you can't really cut out the top portion of the sleeve so would u just bore out the entire sleeve??

Sorry for all the annoying questions
Old 07-16-2003, 10:08 PM

Nice write up Earl... How long is this good for?
Old 07-16-2003, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Benson Sleeved Blocks..How they are made and why they are the best (Midwestrider)

Benson i like his work
Old 07-16-2003, 10:18 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I want to be first in line to have a block sleeved </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah I'm with mase... money ready on the 1st of aug finally
Old 07-16-2003, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Benson Sleeved Blocks..How they are made and why they are the best (flip1199)

How thick is the top part of the sleeve, and the bottom part. If I got this right, the one at the bottom would slide in the stock sleeve that is bored out and honed. So you have to actually bore out a lot from the stock sleeve so you still have the same bore size diameter like say 81mm. Am I correct?
Old 07-16-2003, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Benson Sleeved Blocks..How they are made and why they are the best (boostedb20vtec)

i thought you used rs machine as your machine/ sleever for your block earl?
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Benson Sleeved Blocks..How they are made and why they are the best (flip1199)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by flip1199 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok i'm a lil confused. In the picture u have a closed deck h series sleeve, but then you say don't ask about closed deck becuase u don't do them. So you don't do closed deck h-series? Also if you do do closed deck h-series, what's the process in that?? It seems to me you can't really cut out the top portion of the sleeve so would u just bore out the entire sleeve??
</TD></TR></TABLE> Some Prelude blocks come from the factory as a closed deck as stock (H23?). The sleeve on the right is meant for that application and not to take an open deck and close it..
That is what I love about H-T..you can't get away with anything
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Benson Sleeved Blocks..How they are made and why they are the best (jdmclvlc)

wow... i want the F series block.. i think i'll consider this... how does it like boost? what kind of boost levels? what is the range of power to these sleeves? thanks
Old 07-16-2003, 10:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Benson Sleeved Blocks..How they are made and why they are the best (boostedb20vtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostedb20vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How thick is the top part of the sleeve, and the bottom part. If I got this right, the one at the bottom would slide in the stock sleeve that is bored out and honed. So you have to actually bore out a lot from the stock sleeve so you still have the same bore size diameter like say 81mm. Am I correct?</TD></TR></TABLE>The thinner part slides into the bored out part of the block. There are no sleeves left in the bored out block. That is only raw aluminum that the new sleeve fits into.The fat part of the new sleeve rests on top of the aluminum. This is an extremely critical part of the install...it is called crush fit and holds tolerance to.0001
Old 07-16-2003, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so do u sell those closed deck h-series sleeves alone or are they only if i get sleeved through u guys??
Old 07-16-2003, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Benson Sleeved Blocks..How they are made and why they are the best (Midwestrider)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Midwestrider &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nice write up Earl... How long is this good for?</TD></TR></TABLE>Not a group buy. It is for everyone and I will co-ordinate it for Benson. We are saying 2 week turn arount but could be quicker...
Old 07-16-2003, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Benson Sleeved Blocks..How they are made and why they are the best (accordfreak)

how does it like boost? what kind of boost levels? what is the range of power to these sleeves? thanks

Quick Reply: Benson Sleeved Blocks..How they are made and why they are the best