Notices

belt from alt. to jackson racing supercharger on ls/vtec

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default belt from alt. to jackson racing supercharger on ls/vtec

i got a supercharger on a b/16 head with ls block. the problem is the belt from the alternator to the pully is to big. the tensioner doesnt even touch the belt when its all the way tight. i have to use a pry bar to make it kinda tight. i got the smallest belt i could find and its a 4pk606. now for the questions...
can you still move the alternator with the bracket from the supercharger kit or does it stay stationary now that it has a tensioner?
does the alternator on a b/16 and b/18 mount the same exact way or is it different and thats y im having this issue?
is there a smaller belt out there?(everywhere i went clerk said no but they prolly just went in the back and played with them selfs)
Thanks in advance

Old 10-29-2008, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: belt from alt. to jackson racing supercharger on ls/vtec (ChargedLSVtec)

Where are you buying your belts from? You'll apy a bit more at Car Quest or NAPA but they have an awesome seltion.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: belt from alt. to jackson racing supercharger on ls/vtec (HYREV2NR)

i tryed NAPA pep boys and a few other local auto parts stores....
Old 10-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: belt from alt. to jackson racing supercharger on ls/vtec (ChargedLSVtec)

OK I see. Have you ever talked to Jim at Motorvations? I feel he can help you more than I can here. 205-661-3600. I have never had any hands-on with the LS/VTEC and a SC.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: belt from alt. to jackson racing supercharger on ls/vtec (HYREV2NR)

thanks but before i call i would like to see what kind of info i can get from any other members here, i dont like bore assing people with dumb questions because i dont like people doing it to me unless im making money off them. im not being a dick but time is money in my eyes im sure others feel the same way.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ChargedLSVtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks but before i call i would like to see what kind of info i can get from any other members here, i dont like bore assing people with dumb questions because i dont like people doing it to me unless im making money off them. im not being a dick but time is money in my eyes im sure others feel the same way.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I completely understand. I don't like putting people out for me either.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Also make sure you have the tensioner and belt routed properly, the tensioner comes up to tension the belt from below , not down from the top. you might be looking at it wrong.

http://ftlracing.com/tech/honda/jrsc_pulley.html

and here is all the belt #'s depending on which crank pulley, which supercharger pulley, and which alternator pulley( regular double, or stepped double)
Old 10-29-2008, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: belt from alt. to jackson racing supercharger on ls/vtec (Crx Jimmy)

nah the tensonier defanatly tightens down on the belt. and all that info was to upgrade your crank pully for more boost which doesnt really help much cuz thats from the alt to the crank. there are 2 different belts there
Old 10-31-2008, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 11-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone else?
Old 11-03-2008, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

What do you mean? That link gives belt numbers for the various pulley/block combos. Maybe not the same your auto store uses, but they should be able to cross-reference them...or you need another store to go to.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: belt from alt. to jackson racing supercharger on ls/vtec (HiProfile)

well you are right...it didnt make sence at first, but it still isnt helping much.
the belt i have is a K040233 aka 4pk606 and its was to big. i have a ls block with a b16 supercharger and it calls for a 40330 which would be ridiculously to big. it says there is a 40215 but i have yet to find it.
so back to the OP, is there anything i can do to make the belt that it calls for actually fit???