Notices

Autronic Standalone Group buy...

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autronic Standalone Group buy...

For those of you interested in the Autronic standalone system, i can offer better pricing that what has been listed.
It is coming directly from Aussy so no problems with warranty work.

For more information on the systems, you can look at http://www.autronic.com

There is also a full windows software program in the works to update there existing software

SMC... the comperable setup to the motec m4

SM2... above and beyound...

At the moment, the price is 10% off of the list price so $1450 for the SMC and $1710 for the SM2 and both include the autotune.

Any questions, feel free to contact me...

Thanks
Old 11-05-2002, 02:58 PM
New User

Default Re: Autronic Standalone Group buy... (newspeedR)

Um group buy? Those are normal prices.
Old 11-05-2002, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Autronic Standalone Group buy... (GGrahnVI)

Every 1 that ive talked to that sells these sell the SMC for 1499 and the SM2 for 1799...

if you have found them for less, let me know...
Old 11-05-2002, 05:47 PM

Um group buy? Those are normal prices.
Remember the autotune is an additional $225 add on feature.
Old 11-05-2002, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE]
There is also a full windows software program in the works to update there existing software

SMC... the comperable setup to the motec m4

Its funny, the only reason he knows this is because I told him this. We are the only ones that have the windows based version. It will not be released until WE say so. WE are getting all the kinks worked out in the windows based version. He is also not an authorized dealer of the product and I will be contacting the people in Australia.
Old 11-06-2002, 03:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Autronic Standalone Group buy... (ninesecrx)

Mike...
i do not mean to step on your toes... yes you did tell me about the windows based software...

basically, i feel that Autronic makes a great system and there needs to be more on the road then in the factory. On the east coast, there isnt many people with it and i would like to see it change.. Since your friend Ben is Authorized in the US, then maybe he wants to set up a deal, but i know i dont want to pay 1599 for a system that could be had for less.

As far as help goes, the person that is importing the units for me is very knowledgable on the Autronic systems and as far as wiring goes, its just like wiring anything else. if you are competent, you can do it. if not, there are people that makes jumper cables from the Autronic harnass to odb1 harnass.
And if there is a ECU failure, it would be mostlikely sent back to the factory for warranty repair work, so i dont see the problem there either.

Any questions, feel free...
Thanks...
Old 11-06-2002, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sure they can be had for less, but there is a trend on honda-tech for people who have daytime jobs and want to make a quick buck by whoring out products day in and day out. This is good and bad for the end consumer. While the consumer can get GREAT deals on tons of products, the retailer that is often selling at or below many others' costs is for the most part an unknowing, helpless (even tho theyre convinced they know what theyre talking about), inexperienced and not educated enough to actually be able to give true help.

If i were to buy an autronic (it will probably be the next ecu i buy) i would get it from mike, simply because hes the only guy out there with any experience with it. Nothing against you newspeed, i just think that 100$ is nothing in the grand scheme of things, especially considering that youre basically buying a motec for 1599 and getting tech assistance.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:35 AM

Default Re: Autronic Standalone Group buy... (FFgeoff)

Sure they can be had for less, but there is a trend on honda-tech for people who have daytime jobs and want to make a quick buck by whoring out products day in and day out. This is good and bad for the end consumer. While the consumer can get GREAT deals on tons of products, the retailer that is often selling at or below many others' costs is for the most part an unknowing, helpless (even tho theyre convinced they know what theyre talking about), inexperienced and not educated enough to actually be able to give true help.

If i were to buy an autronic (it will probably be the next ecu i buy) i would get it from mike, simply because hes the only guy out there with any experience with it. Nothing against you newspeed, i just think that 100$ is nothing in the grand scheme of things, especially considering that youre basically buying a motec for 1599 and getting tech assistance.
I couldn't agree with you more....
The guys at www.dynospeed.com have sold and actually installed many systems.....they also have tuned every single system they have sold or installed. They KNOW the system. When they sell the system, you are buying their knowledge of the system too.....isn't that worth more? If you want cheap...buy only the product from whoever is the flavor of the week.....if you care about how your car runs when its all said and done...buy it from the guys who have a history with the product, and expect to pay for that extra value....PERIOD.
Old 11-06-2002, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Autronic Standalone Group buy... (top notch)

Thats exactly right...If anyone has a question about the Autronic, you can reach Ben or I at 909-245-9511. Lets put it this way, at http://www.dynospeed.com , Ben the owner is writting a book on how to tune all efi systems. Half the book will cover how to tune and half the book with be testing and evaluating all the other efi systems out there. This is the type of knowledge you receive behind you when ordering parts like this through us. Anyone who is interested may give us a call at the shop....
Old 11-06-2002, 10:56 AM
New User

Default Re: Autronic Standalone Group buy... (boostaholic)

According to my AUTHORIZED dealer, the autotune chip is standard in the SMC now. No more choice. It has been a while since I spoke with him though.
Old 11-06-2002, 12:18 PM

According to my AUTHORIZED dealer, the autotune chip is standard in the SMC now. No more choice. It has been a while since I spoke with him though.
Yes, that is correct. All SMC units come with the newest chip version installed...version 1.92. You can still however, special order specific chip versions with the particular options you want like, flat-shift, anti-lag, launch control, stepper motor control, etc. Which chip versions support which features? Well, now THAT's why we have authorized dealers, now isn't it?
Old 11-06-2002, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so true geoff, but your forgetting the best part.

when people figure out they are over their heads, they get on honda-tech expecting/demading someone help them out. base maps, ect.. ect.. how to do this, how to do that, for free.

and if you refuse or just don't give them exactly all that they're looking for... somehow you're they bad guy.
Old 11-06-2002, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Autronic Standalone Group buy... (SEFI8LOxCivic)

when people figure out they are over their heads, they get on honda-tech expecting/demading someone help them out. base maps, ect.. ect.. how to do this, how to do that, for free.

and if you refuse or just don't give them exactly all that they're looking for... somehow you're they bad guy.
well said....everyone wants something for nothing........in real life though, it just doesn't work that way. Most people do this stuff because its fun.....the guys that doing it to make a living should be able to do just that....making a living at it is hard enough for these guys without them having to compete with some jackass who wants to play joe-hollywood and toss around a few buzz words so he can make a fast buck on some part. The reason you pay a little more to these guys is because they haven taken the time to find out and test which parts and combinations actually work...and they have taken the time to figure out how to help their customers do the same thing. Somehow though, most people think that the time they put in is worth nothing and that they are just the bad guys if they don't freely give their information away......
Old 11-06-2002, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well said....everyone wants something for nothing........in real life though, it just doesn't work that way. Most people do this stuff because its fun.....the guys that doing it to make a living should be able to do just that....making a living at it is hard enough for these guys without them having to compete with some jackass who wants to play joe-hollywood and toss around a few buzz words so he can make a fast buck on some part. The reason you pay a little more to these guys is because they haven taken the time to find out and test which parts and combinations actually work...and they have taken the time to figure out how to help their customers do the same thing. Somehow though, most people think that the time they put in is worth nothing and that they are just the bad guys if they don't freely give their information away......
Man, I'm so glad to finally see someone talking about this. It really screws up the people who REALLY are trying to make a living doing this stuff. There are so many people who don't have a shop, inventory, or anything, yet you are led to believe they have all of this. When you buy from someone who is not an autorized dealer you are messing up the whole industry. I get so many calls from people who haven't bought stuff from me and the "online shop" they bought it from can't tell them how to install it or use it. That's what you get when you buy from a guy sits behind a computer all day putting up a front about his "shop". Many of us have worked hard to be able to provide you with knowledge and services and by buying from someone who is whoreing the stuff out you are going to lose that. I'm not going to name any names but be careful who you buy from...
Old 11-06-2002, 10:28 PM

Default Re: Autronic Standalone Group buy... (tony1)

Autronic is butter!

Old 11-07-2002, 07:39 AM

Default Re: Autronic Standalone Group buy... (tony1)

Man, I'm so glad to finally see someone talking about this. It really screws up the people who REALLY are trying to make a living doing this stuff. There are so many people who don't have a shop, inventory, or anything, yet you are led to believe they have all of this. When you buy from someone who is not an autorized dealer you are messing up the whole industry. I get so many calls from people who haven't bought stuff from me and the "online shop" they bought it from can't tell them how to install it or use it. That's what you get when you buy from a guy sits behind a computer all day putting up a front about his "shop". Many of us have worked hard to be able to provide you with knowledge and services and by buying from someone who is whoreing the stuff out you are going to lose that. I'm not going to name any names but be careful who you buy from...[/QUOTE]

That's exactly right Tony. The only real solution to the problem is not an easy one, nor is it a quick fix. It would require all of the real shop guys to stop giving assistance to those who try to beat the system. Then eventually people would get the point about why the product has more value than the price-tag.
Trouble is, 99% of the end users out there want to blame the quality of their system at the first hiccup, when in fact 99% of problems relate to the quality of their installation. So, the guys who have been there and done that know what it feels like to be stumped on a problem, and usually want to help someone else avoid the same pitfalls, and if they don't help out, the morons out there try to give that particular system a bad reputation. Its kind of a nasty cycle.
Its not the manufacturers responsibility to make sure their system is idiot proof......if they had to do that, it would be so limited in functions that you might as well have a stock ecu. They rely on their distributors and dealers to assist customers and display the product in a good way. If 'lil johnny tuner-wannabe wants to buy it for the lowest price, and try to do everything himself...thats fine....just don't whine and point fingers at everyone else when you screw it up....its not the system...its YOU!
Old 11-07-2002, 09:14 AM

Hey I would be interested in this system...I just emailed Ben, but does anyone know if there are any sr20det engines running these standalones? DO they affect a/c or abs or is thsi system meant for race cars only?
Old 11-08-2002, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I didnt expect to get these types of responses. Every time some one posts about running stand alone systms, no one ever posts about Autronic so my feeling is that there arent people using it so there isnt knowledge about it or people dont like it.

As far this Unorthized dealer stuff, this is not True. I have contacted a person, who is a moderator of this FI board, he is a pro racer and sales man. I requested info on the Autronic unit acouple of weeks ago after I met 2 people at the IDRC maple grove race running the SMC, both sponsered by Aussie Imports, the exclussive importer of Autronic. This member has contacts with the company so he can get them direct from Austalia. Since he isnt a US importer like GT performance or Aussie Imports, he didnt want to set up a group deal because he didnt want to create any issues. Instead, he offered it to me that if i set it up, he can get them at a better price than list. Now i know why he didnt want to mention anything bout a special price break on them. Although, if he did create this post about this buy, NOT one of you would be questioning his credibility on Autronic because you all think that since is a moderator and a pro racer, he knows everything bout everything in life. He creates group buys every week and post killer specials on this board and you all support him and praise him very much. So how is this different? because his name isnt attached to the post. Sad part is, everything gets run through him, he handles the money, the shipping, the full transaction. All i was looking for was interested parties in a killer standalone system. I am not making money on this deal. The only thing I will get is a setup after I pay just like any one else.

I also think it is kind off amusing how my crediblity is being questioned in that since i want to see more people run Autronic then a system like AEM, FAST, etc.. If you notice all of your locations, you are on the West coast and im on the east. If there is a problem, are you going to get on a plane and fix my problem... i doubt it... i am going to have to trouble shoot my problem to solve the solution just like i do everyday. The only area where a person like Ben could come into play is with base maps. As far a me goes, i dont know why you are worried. I guess cause i dont have a 9sec car listed in my signature or a link to some shop in my signature, you must think that i dont know anything bout anything. Well, im sorry to say it, but i dont pay other people to build my car. instead i acutally do some work help other people and their cars. I do have a BSME and understand alot more as to whats going on with components than most and the fact that i design multi-million dollar mail-room inserting equipment all day must mean something. Im not some kid coming to this board just looking for a deal. I am actually trying to help others out by trying to sellin there own equipment and do there own work rather than pay the next person to do it and call it day.

With the mail order business, and loyalty, I know all about this and agree on this so this is part of the reason why i have a hard time replying. But back to my orginial statement, If this other member, originally posted this specially, none of this BS would be going on now. I also own a family hobby shop for 12 years and since the day it opened, if you want to be competitive, you must meet pricing and do anything you can do to help your customers, even if that means to try to make 1 less dollar cause it can always be made up else where. Yes, it also is better to support those that help you because you are always going to need help. I would rather walk into a shop and talk with somebody about the products i am going to buy, but this hobby is alot of internet ran business and there are no shops around here that know anything bout this, so i turned to the phone and did some research.

So maybe since you dont like the agreement that i have setup with this other member of the board, why dont one you you authorized dealers set something up so that more people can run the Autronic system. Or do you want to hoard it to yourself so that no one runs itsand continues to know nothing on it.

Thanks,
Seth...
Old 11-08-2002, 09:56 AM

i always go for the cheap **** with good customer service. you may not be able to answer all of my questions but my product better ******* work and you better answer my call.

when i get stuck in a hard place i just do research, or just break down an pay someone to show me. i do everthing my self, not just to save money, but because i like it.

my 2 cents
Old 11-09-2002, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont think you realize who the people that ARE responding are. They are all people in this industry who have been getting burned lately.

I dont think that the intention of anyone was to gang up on you, it was just unfortunate that it happened in this thread.

It was just a lot of people venting, sorry

All that the point was here, is that a lot of people work hard in this industry and are getting shafted by certain people who dont work nearly as hard and use this industry to make a quick buck. I think the pro racer you are referring to is one of those people who has upset a large number of people in this industry.
Old 11-10-2002, 12:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i dont think you realize who the people that ARE responding are. They are all people in this industry who have been getting burned lately.

I dont think that the intention of anyone was to gang up on you, it was just unfortunate that it happened in this thread.

It was just a lot of people venting, sorry

All that the point was here, is that a lot of people work hard in this industry and are getting shafted by certain people who dont work nearly as hard and use this industry to make a quick buck. I think the pro racer you are referring to is one of those people who has upset a large number of people in this industry.
Well said Geoff....