Autometer Warning lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2001, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autometer Warning lights

does anyone know what im talking about... they are basically the same thing as the shift-lite but they are light up red and are meant for "warnings" anyone have any experience with these... with all the money im putting into my car now... i dont want my motor to go all of a sudden becasue i lost all my oil for some reason or i have no pressure... (i have seen this happen... and it only took a few seconds)... i wanted to get the warning light but i wanted to know everyones feelings on them?

i feel it is worth the little investment for a piece of mind if it really works well... also... what psi sender would be the best to get... 15psi or 30psi???
TIA
Old 06-18-2001, 07:15 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Autometer Warning lights (4dr-gsr)

Lights won't do you any good really... best advice would be to get the gauges corresponding to what your worried about. Oil pressure and temperature are next on my list as soon as I figure out where the heck I'm gonna put them!

The lights are good, but only as good as the ones on your dash.. you would benefit from see pressure drop on a oil pressure gauge much more so than a light coming on!!
Old 06-18-2001, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Autometer Warning lights (GSRwBOOST)

i already have guages... but i guess im just worried about my oil... true u can watch a guage... but if u'r racing and then for some reason your oil pressure drops off to nothing... u may not realize for a few seconds but by that time it is too late... with the light... as soon as i would see it... i would shut down the car and see whats wrong... its sorta like an extra piece of insurance