Notices

Autometer Phantom boost gauge : Is this normal or broken?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autometer Phantom boost gauge : Is this normal or broken?

Just received this in the mail like this, gauge doesnt respond to anything except it lights up when connected to a battery. Is it broken?
Old 03-01-2006, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Autometer Phantom boost gauge : Is this normal or broken? (AbitAvenger)

if its a mechanical gauge (looks like it is) then it should be at zero, so yes its broken
Old 03-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Autometer Phantom boost gauge : Is this normal or broken? (b16hybridsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16hybridsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if its a mechanical gauge (looks like it is) then it should be at zero, so yes its broken</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well **** me running; its mechanical.

This blows
Old 03-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Autometer Phantom boost gauge : Is this normal or broken? (AbitAvenger)

this is gonna sound wierd, but see if you can suck on the back. clean it off first, then suck on it, i got mine to about 18 in.hg. see what yours goes to...looks like it is broken either way.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Autometer Phantom boost gauge : Is this normal or broken? (Riake)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Riake &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is gonna sound wierd, but see if you can suck on the back. clean it off first, then suck on it, i got mine to about 18 in.hg. see what yours goes to...looks like it is broken either way.</TD></TR></TABLE>Already tried. No luck

You sound like your good at sucking though
Old 03-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pick up a defi next time
Old 03-01-2006, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Autometer Phantom boost gauge : Is this normal or broken? (Macan00n)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Macan00n &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Pick up a defi next time </TD></TR></TABLE>

If I had money for Defi, why would I be asking if my Autometer Phantom boost gauge was broken?
Old 03-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

did you buy it used?
Old 03-01-2006, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (igo4bmx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by igo4bmx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did you buy it used?</TD></TR></TABLE>Yes. I contacted the seller. I think this may have happened during shipping cause the box is f'd up. I just broke open the gauge and I'm pretty sure I almost have it fixed
Old 03-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AbitAvenger)

By opening it and twist the brass part to make it in position will not fix it , the needle will be at 0 but it won`t be acurate , I had a fuel press guage that was stock on 1 bar and I twist it back to 0 and it never read good
Old 03-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Marlon88)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Marlon88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">By opening it and twist the brass part to make it in position will not fix it , the needle will be at 0 but it won`t be acurate , I had a fuel press guage that was stock on 1 bar and I twist it back to 0 and it never read good </TD></TR></TABLE>Well **** me running again; I can't win can I?

I'm gonna show it some boost/vacuum at my dad's work tommorow and see how it reads.

Old 03-01-2006, 05:59 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Autometer Phantom boost gauge : Is this normal or broken? (Macan00n)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Macan00n &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Pick up a defi next time </TD></TR></TABLE>

overpriced crap
stewart warner &gt; *
Old 03-01-2006, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Autometer Phantom boost gauge : Is this normal or broken? (boosted94cx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted94cx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

overpriced crap
stewart warner &gt; *</TD></TR></TABLE>

i swear everyone with that avatar is ignorant. where are your facts to back up that defi is crap. Or do you just think its crap because they are expensive?
Old 03-01-2006, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Autometer Phantom boost gauge : Is this normal or broken? (b16hybridsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16hybridsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i swear everyone with that avatar is ignorant. where are your facts to back up that defi is crap. Or do you just think its crap because they are expensive?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i'm sure defi is good but i'm sorry... i don't think there's a need to spend that kinda money on a boost gauge. the D-series defi's aren't so bad but still pricey. i've used like 4 autometer gauges and they've all worked fine. stewart warners seem to be nice too.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Autometer Phantom boost gauge : Is this normal or broken? (M.A.R.C.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by M.A.R.C. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i'm sure defi is good but i'm sorry... i don't think there's a need to spend that kinda money on a boost gauge. the D-series defi's aren't so bad but still pricey. i've used like 4 autometer gauges and they've all worked fine. stewart warners seem to be nice too.</TD></TR></TABLE>

point i was trying to get across is that just because somthing is expensive it doesn't make it crap. i personally have autometers and have had no problems. But the warning systems and such that the defi gauges have are really cool, and work just as they should
Old 03-02-2006, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16hybridsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">point i was trying to get across is that just because somthing is expensive it doesn't make it crap. i personally have autometers and have had no problems. But the warning systems and such that the defi gauges have are really cool, and work just as they should</TD></TR></TABLE>

ah ok... i definately wouldn't think it's crap because it's more expensive. that's very rarely the case if you're comparing price to quality. although there is the exception.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Autometer Phantom boost gauge : Is this normal or broken? (boosted94cx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted94cx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

overpriced crap
stewart warner &gt; *</TD></TR></TABLE>

your a moron
Old 03-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Macan00n &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your a moron</TD></TR></TABLE>

dont be hatin
Old 03-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Autometer Phantom boost gauge : Is this normal or broken? (M.A.R.C.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by M.A.R.C. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

dont be hatin</TD></TR></TABLE>

Excellent logic. I think ill now sell my defi gagues and buy ****-o-meters and then make posts on HT about how they are misreading or malfunctioning.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:25 PM
* B A N N E D *

autometer is literally crap, i use crap with defi based purely on the fact that they're 2-3-4 times the price of stewart waner and offer NO benifit over the SW gauges.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How is autometer crap? I get the same reading with my boost gauge as I do with datalogging. They are used in many race cars. And have been around longer then I have been alive.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Macan00n &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your a moron</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're* Couldnt resist.

Autometer aint bad.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Autometer Phantom boost gauge : Is this normal or broken? (Fenrir51)

you guys must have all bought autometer gauges from people who dropped them, or dropped them yourselves. i'm on my 4th autometer boost gauge and they've ALL been accurate (except for the one i dropped really hard) . SW's look nice and defi's are even nicer looking but $40 boost gauge that does the job &gt; $120 gauge that's bling bling blaow
Old 03-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^my question is why have you had to buy four gauges if they are so good?

btw my autometer sport-comp boost gauge just broke ( and no i didn't drop it, it's installed in my car)
Old 03-02-2006, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Autometer Phantom boost gauge : Is this normal or broken? (StylishDOHC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by StylishDOHC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^^my question is why have you had to buy four gauges if they are so good?

btw my autometer sport-comp boost gauge just broke ( and no i didn't drop it, it's installed in my car)</TD></TR></TABLE>

you beat me too it lol

I have a defi boost gauge but havnt used it yet so my knowledge is pointless in this topic for me being a dumbass

Quick Reply: Autometer Phantom boost gauge : Is this normal or broken?