Notices

Attn nitrous users, can u show me your bottle mountings and switch locations

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2002, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attn nitrous users, can u show me your bottle mountings and switch locations

Im going to be purchasing a ZEX kit in about 2 weeks and would like to see how some people have their bottles mounted, Id like to still be able to remove my back seats for when I go to the track, and as for the switches, something not so obvious. Thanks guys.
Old 01-01-2002, 06:48 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Attn nitrous users, can u show me your bottle mountings and switch locations (ImprtTunr)

Run something like Vin Disel did in F&F. Out of the entire movie, I thought that was the coolest idea.
Old 01-01-2002, 06:51 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: Attn nitrous users, can u show me your bottle mountings and switch locations (00SilverLS)

Run something like Vin Disel did in F&F. Out of the entire movie, I thought that was the coolest idea.
5 cheater bottles under the seat??? LOL
Old 01-01-2002, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Attn nitrous users, can u show me your bottle mountings and switch locations (ImprtTunr)

i was reading an old super street magazine and it should you how to make it into a sleeper. it was pretty cool. but if you dunt want to do all the work just mount the bottle like in the middle of your trunk. be creative and hide the juice.
Old 01-01-2002, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Attn nitrous users, can u show me your bottle mountings and switch locations (lazyvietboi)

I remember that issue! Said something about putting the solonoids under the battery tray and the injector nozzles on the bottom side of the intake tube. Hehe. Pretty cool. If I were to do a turbo, I would do the same thing.
Ultimate way to hide the bottle would be to do this.
Make a fake sub box surround the bottle. Simple to build, just some 1/8" box covered in box carpet. could even go as far as putting in some bogus speaker terminals with wires going into them. Now that would be cool. Making fool think you wanna race with N/A and a sub box in the trunk. Hahahaha
Old 01-01-2002, 08:06 PM
D Tranny Guru

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just get a good switch (12v/20A) from Radio Shack. I prefered a lighted rocker switch and mounted 2 of them in the center console. I'm not sure what switches were meant to go there.

BTW the green (GO!) switch is for the nos, and the blue switch is for my Autometer gauges on the dash, it controls the lights.

I can reach down and arm the nos without even the passenger knowing.

Also called the "OH ****" switch.
Old 01-02-2002, 01:47 AM
New User

Default Re: Attn nitrous users, can u show me your bottle mountings and switch locations (Mista Bone)

Here is a pic of mine. It is a NOS Wet Kit. The switches are where the coin tray used to be. The one on the left turns the system on, the button in the middle is for purge, the switch on the right is for the bottle heater. The button in the steering wheel is what activates the nitrous.

Oh, and the ricey little sticker above the switches says "Nitrous Contols". I know it is cheesey, but I got sick of telling people what they were for at shows.