Notices

Apexi boost kit install

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apexi boost kit install HELLLP!! :(

Hi guys, am from the UK, i have an Apexi Power FC and have the optional boost kit to control boost for my turbo civic.

Only problem is that i have the instructions in Japanese....
I've fitted the MAP sensor they include and it plugs direct into the Power FC, the Power FC reads boost, it's just the boost solenoid i'm having trouble with.

I understand which hose goes to where for the boost solenoid, but just having trouble about wiring for the solenoid.

I've checked instructions on the Apexi website, but it just has manuals for the AVC-R, my friend has an AVC-R and his came with a loom & plug that went straight into the AVC-R.

I am not sure where the red and brown wire goes, i assume i have to splice in somewhere as the plug they include doesn't fit anywhere, and also in the diagrams in the japanese instructions, i see ones where they show the wires spliced and spade connectors used, but i'm not sure where to connect them to...?

Pics are included if my explanation is pretty lame...lol

Basically, i want to know where these two wires coming from the boost solenoid wire up to..

Pic of the whole wiring for the boost solenoid:

thanks in advance,

Carlip.

P.S. i did use the search first, but the search function was down...

Modified by carlip at 10:15 PM 10/17/2005
Old 10-14-2005, 03:50 AM

Default Re: Apexi boost kit install (carlip)

bttt
Old 10-17-2005, 01:15 PM

Anyone?

Shodan?
Old 10-17-2005, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (carlip)

as far as the solenoid is concered polarity does not matter.

if you find the 2 wires fromt he pfc to the solenoid then just wire them to the solenoid. my profec b was wired like that and it uses the same solenoid
Old 10-17-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: (Pay2play killa)

So you're saying just find the same colour wires going into my Power FC and just splice them in?

Old 10-17-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Apexi boost kit install HELLLP!! :( (carlip)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by carlip &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

this plug is useless.

The map sensor connector that goes into the power FC should be a 5 pin connector. 3 of them are used by the Apex map sensor and 2 are left out. You have to wire the two wires from the selinoid into the 2 open ports in the 5 pin connector.

If you dont understand what i am saying i will take pictures for you.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Apexi boost kit install HELLLP!! :( (STD ONEpointSIX)

here im bored:
Old 10-17-2005, 04:20 PM

STDONEpointSIX....

You are the man, thanks!

So which wire goes into which pin? lol
Old 10-17-2005, 04:43 PM

i dont think it matters.. but i will post where mine goes tomorrow. i dont have access to my car until tonight.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:44 PM

Awesome, will give it a go when i wake up tomorrow....

It's 1:40am in the UK at the moment...

Thanks for all your help...
Old 10-17-2005, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know it takes the fun out of it , but Apexi has a USA site with all the instructions in english. http://www.apexi-usa.com/pdfInstallation/21.pdf
glenn
Old 10-17-2005, 08:49 PM

Default Re: (NJIN BUILDR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NJIN BUILDR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know it takes the fun out of it , but Apexi has a USA site with all the instructions in english. http://www.apexi-usa.com/pdfInstallation/21.pdf
glenn</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is the instruction manual for an AVC-R boost controller. If you read the post carefully he is trying to wire in a boost solenoid directly to a PowerFC.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (STD ONEpointSIX)

OK,here is the link to their manuals,wiring instructions,etc...for all their products.
http://www.apexi-usa.com/support_main.asp
Glenn
Old 10-18-2005, 04:38 AM

Default Re: (NJIN BUILDR)

If you click the links, there is no manual or any wiring diagrams for the Apexi Boost Control Kit. The AVC-R AFAIK has a loom which plugs directly from the boost solenoid and into the the AVC-R itself. The Apexi Boost Control Kit is a more universal bit of kit, it has 2 wires from the boost solenoid and a basic 2 pin spade plug which needs to be spliced into somewhere.

STDONEpointSIX, thanks once again, i still don't know why Apexi haven't included a short manual for the Boost Control Kit...
Old 10-18-2005, 10:11 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by carlip &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you click the links, there is no manual or any wiring diagrams for the Apexi Boost Control Kit. The AVC-R AFAIK has a loom which plugs directly from the boost solenoid and into the the AVC-R itself. The Apexi Boost Control Kit is a more universal bit of kit, it has 2 wires from the boost solenoid and a basic 2 pin spade plug which needs to be spliced into somewhere.

STDONEpointSIX, thanks once again, i still don't know why Apexi haven't included a short manual for the Boost Control Kit... </TD></TR></TABLE>

no problem.. i didnt get a chance to look at my car yet. i dont think they have a manual because when you buy the boost up kit (map sensor and solenoid) everything is already wired in.

What are you using to tune the powerFC? are you just using the Commander?
Old 10-18-2005, 12:03 PM

To tune the power fc, using a combination of the commander, wide band o2 sensor, rolling road dyno and on road. Getting a guy who distributes Apexi products and is reknown in the UK as one of the best mappers for Apexi Power Fc.

Not sure if anyone has the Datalogit software for the Power FC here in the UK...

You running a Power FC with the boost control kit?
Old 10-18-2005, 01:43 PM

yes i have the apex map sensor and boost control kit. I'm using the FCdatalogit software to tune. It is really easy to use. You can probably order the software from one of the distributors and there are a couple of places in the UK that can tune it. Here is a link:

http://www.fc-datalogit.co.nz/
Old 10-18-2005, 02:25 PM

Yeah, seen the link already, they are on holiday for a while....lol

Might just buy the software and Datalogit box myself and then take it down the local engine tuner, he knew exactly what to do with just the information on the commander, adjusting the nodes etc, but he said the map was quite big and he would be there for ages mapping each node using the commander. lol.

Any luck on finding out which wire to pin socket yet?

How easy is it to control boost using the Power FC and boost kit? Is it a good piece of kit?

My mate has the AVC-R in his RX-7 and that seems to be more than ample for controlling boost, how does it compare to the AVC-R?

Old 10-18-2005, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry to get off topic here. Where can I buy the boost control kit for the Apex PFC?
Old 10-18-2005, 02:40 PM

Tuning by the commander is ridiculous. I haven't been to my car yet sorry (its sitting at a garage waiting for me to reinstall the engine again). I haven't had time to stop by there.

Controlling boost with the datalogit software is as easy as punching in the amount of boost you want. You can have 4 different boost pressure settings, which can easily be changed by the commander. The boost duty cycle might need to be played with though.

I have had no experience with the AVC-R, but with the boost up kit, it is one less headache to worry about while tuning.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: (EVIL Hx Coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EVIL Hx Coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry to get off topic here. Where can I buy the boost control kit for the Apex PFC?</TD></TR></TABLE>

you can try ordering one through an APEXi Dealer or maybe even Direct through APEXi. Here is the APEXi site: http://www.apexi-usa.com