Notices

Apexi AVCR and Traction

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apexi AVCR and Traction

I'm planning on running 250-300 whp on my B18C, and I'm worried about traction control. Drag radials are in the near future and also JimFab Traction bar.

I've been reading up on the AVCR and really am leaning towards it as my EBC. But the price is whats holding me back.

My question is how much will the RPM-based boost help in the never ending enemy in FWD, traction? And should I get it or go with a cheaper boost contoller for now?
Old 03-08-2004, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Apexi AVCR and Traction (B18CFyghterCivic)

You can definitely benefit from the gear based EBC such as the AVC-R, you can launch with less boost off the line and gaet traction and as soon as the speeds gets the to preset value, turn up the boost to the desired level.

You can do it manually by feathering it, but with 3-4 things in mind launching off the line, it's a lot easier and I think makes more sense with the Electronically controlled EBC

stan
Old 03-08-2004, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the AVCR is nice, especially for that aspect....IF you can get it setup right, its a pain. I almost installed one over the weekend, but after struggling with all the ridiculous setup modes and parameters, it just wasn't worth it. we installed a turbo XS DSBC instead...much easier, start out wuth low boost and then when you get going and traction is fine hit the switch and your in high boost setting.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Apexi AVCR and Traction (DA-MAX)

Keep em coming.

People with AVCRs, are they all that hard to tune, or is it just time consuming?
Old 03-08-2004, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

TRUST me do a search on here...the threads you get will be titled either "help with AVCR" or classified ads "FS: AVCR.." let me make it clear, they are not hard to set up and are amazing when working right...but don't expect to throw it in the car and boost away, the setup is VERY tedious. IMO for a 250-300 street setup its a waste of time and money. a standard MBC, EBC or dual stage BC and grippy tires should be fine IMO. good luck
Old 03-08-2004, 01:32 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18CFyghterCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Keep em coming.

People with AVCRs, are they all that hard to tune, or is it just time consuming?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hell yea, when I ran a turbo before with the AVCR it was a bitch to get setup just right. The auto-learning mode helped but even that was flakey. The instructions were pretty vauge.