Notices

apexi AFC vs. HKS AFR

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2002, 09:49 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default apexi AFC vs. HKS AFR

just wanted everyones 2 cents on each unit. I see alot of people using the VAFC hack with the apexi unit. Is this possible with the HKS unit. There comparably priced so, i just wanted to know pros, cons of each unit and reccomendations on a boosted app just for my own personal reference
Old 06-28-2002, 10:05 AM
New User

Default Re: apexi AFC vs. HKS AFR (Zynentech)

the hks unit is a single **** which adjusts the entire fuel curve

the afc has several tunable points.

there's the difference. I dont think the afc hack will work on the afr
Old 06-28-2002, 11:59 AM
New User

Default Re: apexi AFC vs. HKS AFR (VaporTrail)

Sorry I think i got you mixed up. I meant the Super AFR, or was that the one your talking about. On the HKS site it claims to tunable points and alot of CPU controlled function as well, here is the info:

The HKS Super AFR is the very first airflow meter correctional device in the industry with a built in CPU. The advantage of having a built in CPU is that instead of making corrections to the airflow meter voltage/map sensor, the characteristics of the airflow meter/map sensor is inputted in the CPU so it can calculate the most accurate amount of air flow. Since the correction will be made to this specific intake volume, the correction ratio of fuel will be precise and proportionally correct. With an illuminated digital display and face mounted adjustment controls, the compact Super AFR is a simple to use fuel computer that offers many of the advanced features that were once exclusive to full engine management systems. The L.E.D screen is utilized to digitally display all adjustments as they are entered along with RPM and fuel % adjustment (over baseline) in real time. The Super AFR is compatible with virtually any fuel-injected vehicle, 12Volt, 2-12 cylinder vehicle that utilizes a hot wire, Karmen Vortex, airflow meter or pressure sensor. The internal CPU allows it to be versatile and utilized on many of the newer type airflow meters.

The air/fuel Ratio Correction function of Super AFR allows complete fuel curve tuning by offering eleven points between 650 and 8000 RPM of adjustment, that can be arbitrarily moved in 50 RPM increments. Each point of adjustment offers a tuning range of 50% rich to 50% lean of the factory baseline setting in 1% increments. Also incorporated in the Super AFR is the Idle Correction function, where Idle fuel mixture can be adjusted from 50% rich to 50% lean of the factory baseline setting in 1% increments within the idle range of 650-1500 RPM. This offers the ability to adjust idle air/fuel ratios as modification progress and require further specific levels of tuning to compensate for the characteristics of high lift cams and/or larger injectors. The response function, similar to the one in the VPC, allows for adjustments to the fuel settings upon throttle inputs to improve driveability and performance. Much like the corrections made to the idle mixture to compensate for high-lift cams and/or larger injections, the response function can also compensate for differences in fuel requirements upon initial throttle input as airflow characteristics are changed from high-lift cams, larger injectors, and bigger turbos. In detail, the response function allows for management of engine response in milliseconds with six points of air meter signal adjustment between 650 and 5000 RPM that can be randomly moved in 50-RPM increments. Additionally, an Electronic Idle Stabilizer function (EIDS) function, which buffers the dramatic airflow meter signal fluctuations, prevents the engine stalling or stumbling effect associated with the sudden imbalances in the air/fuel ratio of airflow meter-equipped vehicles that utilize discharge blow-off valves that vent to the Atmosphere.
Old 06-28-2002, 02:17 PM
New User

Old 06-28-2002, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Huh? The V and S -AFC both have a RISC processor...aka CPU.

I believe the S-AFC has like 15 points as opposed to the 11 you said the HKS has. HKS is also very proud of their stuff. It's probably more than a Hondata
Old 06-28-2002, 07:28 PM
New User

Default Re: apexi AFC vs. HKS AFR (mplex2000)

yeah like i was saying, i just wanted opinions on these units. I hear alot of the Apex unit, but never the HKS unit. THe Super AFR is around $300 as i have seen every where online.