Notices

Apex-i B-Series Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apex-i B-Series Turbo Kit

So I just purchased a Apex-i B-Series turbo kit from one of my friends for MAD cheap.

He told me that they do NOT sell this kit in the USA and he had to get it shipped from japan. Also mentioned that its the only one in the USA. Getting it in Japan was very hard to track one down also. The kit was originally made for the Integra Type R.

Anone have have informaiton about the B-Series Turbo kit by Apex-i ?

Here are some pictures for the kit.

Old 08-08-2003, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Apex-i B-Series Turbo Kit (integlspwr01)

should of went full-race..oh wells. :shrugs: haha..jk. nice lookin kit.
Old 08-08-2003, 11:18 PM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Apex-i B-Series Turbo Kit (ian)

The kits is available in the US. The turbo is a dinky little AX5 that requires 1.0~1.2bar of boost to get past the 270whp mark. Turbo outlet is very restrictive so AC can be kept.
Old 08-09-2003, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Apex-i B-Series Turbo Kit (Dee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The kits is available in the US. The turbo is a dinky little AX5 that requires 1.0~1.2bar of boost to get past the 270whp mark. Turbo outlet is very restrictive so AC can be kept.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you can show me where i can get a B series turbo kit not the D series, I would like to know how much they sell it for and who sells it.

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2003, 07:46 AM

Default Re: Apex-i B-Series Turbo Kit (ian)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">should of went full-race..oh wells. :shrugs: haha..jk. nice lookin kit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

for the price i got it for, cant say no to it. Full race? who needs that. my car is a hard core daily driven street car.

Old 08-09-2003, 08:14 AM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Ummm... I'm in Japan so look for a US shop yourself. I have a daily driven custom setup that will munch the rat snot out of the Apex kit any day of the week. Apex lacks cost effective upgrade-ability and it's just another bandwagon kit. There are way too many tried and true kits on the market to waste money on an actuated kit. But since you are getting this for a good price all I can say is: "More power to ya!!"
Old 08-09-2003, 08:32 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ummm... I'm in Japan so look for a US shop yourself. I have a daily driven custom setup that will munch the rat snot out of the Apex kit any day of the week. Apex lacks cost effective upgrade-ability and it's just another bandwagon kit. There are way too many tried and true kits on the market to waste money on an actuated kit. But since you are getting this for a good price all I can say is: "More power to ya!!" </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for mentioning that you are in Japan. I have called places that are authorized dealers for apexi and they said have NOT herd a b series kit from Apexi. They actually told me it doesn't exist. That is why I wanted to know more information about it and asked here.

Thanks for the unconstructive post!

Old 08-09-2003, 08:33 AM

Dee,

btw, nice cage.
Old 08-09-2003, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

also, i'm pretty sure the apex-i turbos aren't rebuildable. Meaning if your turbo ever goes boom or has bad seals, you have to pay about 2000 bucks from apexi for the turbo rather than a 200-300 dollar rebuild for a garrett or the like.

Danny
Old 08-09-2003, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Apex-i B-Series Turbo Kit (R6Elmo)

"munch the rat snot "

bahahahhahahahahahhaha that made me laugh i might add lol
Old 08-09-2003, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Apex-i B-Series Turbo Kit (ASHY-ELBOW)

if you're worried about reliability...mine is a year old and pretty much feels like new still.

no shaft play and even the finish held up just fine.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:52 AM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats a tiny *** turbo. What size is that?
Old 08-09-2003, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Apex-i B-Series Turbo Kit (Muckman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Muckman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats a tiny *** turbo. What size is that?</TD></TR></TABLE>

AX53B60-P18
Old 08-09-2003, 02:01 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ummm... I'm in Japan so look for a US shop yourself. I have a daily driven custom setup that will munch the rat snot out of the Apex kit any day of the week. Apex lacks cost effective upgrade-ability and it's just another bandwagon kit. There are way too many tried and true kits on the market to waste money on an actuated kit. But since you are getting this for a good price all I can say is: "More power to ya!!" </TD></TR></TABLE>can you name those tried and true kits?
Old 08-09-2003, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you can get it of a web sit.,...... I have it saved on my links at work I'll post you the link tommorrow.
It was 1st made for the B18c5 in japan then Apexi-USA developed the kit for the D16. You can order it anytime... not hard to get at all. But very rare to see it over here in the states.
Old 08-09-2003, 04:50 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Apex-i B-Series Turbo Kit (Civic_95_Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Civic_95_Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">AX53B60-P18</TD></TR></TABLE>

What kind of size is that? T25?
Old 08-09-2003, 05:29 PM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Apex-i B-Series Turbo Kit (Muckman)

tried and true:

Rev Hard
SFP
F-Max
Full race
Max Rev
and more....

Actuated:
HKS
Greddy
Old 08-09-2003, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Apex-i B-Series Turbo Kit (Charlie Moua)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Charlie Moua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you can get it of a web sit.,...... I have it saved on my links at work I'll post you the link tommorrow.
It was 1st made for the B18c5 in japan then Apexi-USA developed the kit for the D16. You can order it anytime... not hard to get at all. But very rare to see it over here in the states. </TD></TR></TABLE>

woot sounds like i'll be the only one in hawaii to have it.
Old 08-09-2003, 06:59 PM

size doesnt matter right. Nice kit dude!
Old 08-09-2003, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Apex-i B-Series Turbo Kit (BenB)

Id like to see how it compares to a single cam apex-i kit w/ a ported manifold (IE Glagola ). If my understandings are correct they are actually the same snail with a different manifold (could someone straighten this out for me?) -- but none the less if its anything relative to apex-i's quality among their other parts it should be a terrific setup. Looks great btw.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:34 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ummm... I'm in Japan so look for a US shop yourself. I have a daily driven custom setup that will munch the rat snot out of the Apex kit any day of the week. Apex lacks cost effective upgrade-ability and it's just another bandwagon kit. There are way too many tried and true kits on the market to waste money on an actuated kit. But since you are getting this for a good price all I can say is: "More power to ya!!" </TD></TR></TABLE>

What's wrong with actuated kits? Some peope don't want to make all the power in the world and actually do like small turbos. Not all of us are hard core racers that like to wring out every gear to get full boost. On top of that actuated kits look much cleaner under the hood. Most B-series motors don't have much torque in the low end and I actually think small turbos compensate well for what the B-series motors lack in the low to mid range. Just personal preference.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have good things about apex-i turbos it does kinda suck that you can only get them from japan . so if anything happens your pretty much screwed huh ? it whould of bought it as well though it i where you .
Old 08-09-2003, 11:24 PM

If I remember correctly Apex-i uses ballbearing IHI turbos. I know a guy with one for d-series and it spools superfast and makes decent power.
Old 08-10-2003, 02:04 AM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Apex-i B-Series Turbo Kit (iiilgsrlll)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iiilgsrlll &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What's wrong with actuated kits? Some peope don't want to make all the power in the world and actually do like small turbos. Not all of us are hard core racers that like to wring out every gear to get full boost. On top of that actuated kits look much cleaner under the hood. Most B-series motors don't have much torque in the low end and I actually think small turbos compensate well for what the B-series motors lack in the low to mid range. Just personal preference.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Blah blah blah... small turbo's are just fine on non-VTEC/Non-b series motors because of the power band but lack a buttload of go-power when your motor makes most of it power in the upper rpms.
Old 08-10-2003, 06:25 AM

Default Re: Apex-i B-Series Turbo Kit

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Charlie Moua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">then Apexi-USA developed the kit for the D16. You can order it anytime... not hard to get at all. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Have you tried? They're suposed to be out of production now. I've heard alot of Dseries guys saying they're few and far between.

And the AX53B60-p18 is about the same as a 16G, or one of the larger T3's.

Quick Reply: Apex-i B-Series Turbo Kit