Notices

Anyone's OMNI Power 4Bar MAP sensor take a poop yet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 05:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone's OMNI Power 4Bar MAP sensor take a **** yet?

Had me on the side of the road for acouple of hours the other day. Reading 44psi for no reason

Any known defects with these yet?
Old 06-23-2008, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone's OMNI Power 4Bar MAP sensor take a **** yet? (OMG B16)

that sux have you called them yet???
Old 06-23-2008, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did it go back to working properly after a couple hours or did you have to change it out?

Have not heard of any defects with these, hope this is not going to become one either since I have one as well...
Old 06-23-2008, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone's OMNI Power 4Bar MAP sensor take a **** yet? (twkdCD595)

Yes mine crapped out on me 2day's after installing it. It split apart causing it to leak vaccum. It was brand new btw.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone's OMNI Power 4Bar MAP sensor take a **** yet? (Boosted_Coupe)

great... i have one of these as well.. I have heard of the splitting issue but was under the impression it had been resolved.. would really suck for that piece to take a crap!
Old 06-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone's OMNI Power 4Bar MAP sensor take a **** yet? (twkdCD595)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by twkdCD595 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did it go back to working properly after a couple hours or did you have to change it out?

Have not heard of any defects with these, hope this is not going to become one either since I have one as well... </TD></TR></TABLE>
I had to wait for my friend to come check it out cause i was stumped, then wait for another friend to bring me a stock map sensor so i can drive it home. I'll try to get in contact with them tomorrow, the company i bought it form said contact omnipower
Old 06-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great....sounds like I'm gonna be carrying a map sensor and another chip in the glove box
Old 06-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone's OMNI Power 4Bar MAP sensor take a **** yet? (RC000E)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC000E &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Great....sounds like I'm gonna be carrying a map sensor and another chip in the glove box </TD></TR></TABLE>

God, please dont say that, lol! I have one also, but havent installed yet, supposed to be getting street tuned this Thursday on 13 psi with a 50 trim Borg Warner on a stock LS, if these things are splitting like that, Im subject to tell my tuner to just tune on my WG spring only which is 10 psi. The stock MAP can see up to 11, correct?
Old 06-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone's OMNI Power 4Bar MAP sensor take a **** yet? (Silva Bullit DC4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Silva Bullit DC4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

God, please dont say that, lol! I have one also, but havent installed yet, supposed to be getting street tuned this Thursday on 13 psi with a 50 trim Borg Warner on a stock LS, if these things are splitting like that, Im subject to tell my tuner to just tune on my WG spring only which is 10 psi. The stock MAP can see up to 11, correct?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Called them up and told me to ship it to them. They said they will most likely replace it for me. I dont know weather to use it again or what

I'll ship it out tomorrow and let u guys know the turnaround time.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That sucks, especially given how much it costs.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone's OMNI Power 4Bar MAP sensor take a **** yet? (Silva Bullit DC4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Silva Bullit DC4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

God, please dont say that, lol! I have one also, but havent installed yet, supposed to be getting street tuned this Thursday on 13 psi with a 50 trim Borg Warner on a stock LS, if these things are splitting like that, Im subject to tell my tuner to just tune on my WG spring only which is 10 psi. The stock MAP can see up to 11, correct?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would not take it too close to 10psi. Stock only reads 10-11 psi, but each sensor is different.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone's OMNI Power 4Bar MAP sensor take a **** yet? (Turbogixxer)

That sucks, at least you got the car home in one piece that night.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone's OMNI Power 4Bar MAP sensor take a **** yet? (Kevin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kevin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That sucks, at least you got the car home in one piece that night. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Im glad i didnt have to tow it. lol. I was really paranoid leaving my car on the side of the road, even for the short time it was there.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I would not take it too close to 10psi. Stock only reads 10-11 psi, but each sensor is different. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'll just hope for the best and run the Omni. It's probably just a hit-miss issue. Hopefully.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

in for the outcome for sure! im gonna order some chips.. burn a stock map.. and keep my stock map sensor and my old aem filter in the trunk.. $130 sensors should not be splitting!
Old 06-23-2008, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I would not take it too close to 10psi. Stock only reads 10-11 psi, but each sensor is different. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'll be running with a 10psi spring on a stock map sensor. Is this bad?!?!?!!?!
Old 06-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone's OMNI Power 4Bar MAP sensor take a **** yet? (Rickdrizzle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rickdrizzle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'll be running with a 10psi spring on a stock map sensor. Is this bad?!?!?!!?!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup it's bad... by tuning the car to the MAP's maximum PSI reading, you now lose the ability for safetly overboost fuel cut. Whatever reason your turbo decides to overboost, pop goes the motor.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone's OMNI Power 4Bar MAP sensor take a **** yet? (Tony the Tiger)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tony the Tiger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yup it's bad... by tuning the car to the MAP's maximum PSI reading, you now lose the ability for safetly overboost fuel cut. Whatever reason your turbo decides to overboost, pop goes the motor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

time for a 2.5 bar then.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Anyone's OMNI Power 4Bar MAP sensor take a **** yet? (Rickdrizzle)

Seems to me the problem stems from them using an unfilled housing. From the destructo pictures, you can see the inside can sometimes (or always?) be allowed to pressurize. THe OEM sensor has the sensor mounted in reinforced plastic cradle (best way to describe it), sealed with thick silicone, then a little tube is sealed with an o-ring as it passes the lower cover. This keeps pressure out of the housing, only allowing the external port and inside of the sensor element get pressure.

In other words, the 4bar's pressurized case literally could explode if boost leaks inside.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone's OMNI Power 4Bar MAP sensor take a **** yet? (HiProfile)

It definately sucks that this has happened, but then again it is a new product and almost something you cant test for since it seems like it happens over a period of time. The main point is to see how the manufacturer deals with the problems and how quickly they do it. Seems like he'll get you a new sensor no problem which is great. Luckily I have not had any problems with mine.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone's OMNI Power 4Bar MAP sensor take a **** yet? (SpoolnG2)

Hello everyone just to offer some factual information directly from the manufacture of the Omnipower 4 bar MAP sensor.

The housing on both the B-series sensor and the K-series sensor we offer can hold over 130 PSI above atmosphere. We didnt test beyond that as no one we know has run over 60 PSI of boost. Secondly the sensor for the B-series was designed to be throttle body mounted and after some people expressed interested in firewall mounting them with a hose and zip tie we researched a more suitable adhesive for that purpose in order to prevent any problems.

If anyone is having a problem please my all means contact me via pm and I will quickly resolve the issue for you.

We also have new viton O-rings for anyone that needs them as most the original ones have lost their integrity by now due to age. This will ensure a good seal and leak free operation.

Thanks Steve.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone's OMNI Power 4Bar MAP sensor take a **** yet? (omniman)

for good customer service
Old 06-25-2008, 03:28 PM
New User

Also a new 4 Bar Map Sensor has been released that is in a GM housing Was just notified of these today and will start selling them as well
Old 06-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone's OMNI Power 4Bar MAP sensor take a **** yet? (Boosted_Coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boosted_Coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes mine crapped out on me 2day's after installing it. It split apart causing it to leak vaccum. It was brand new btw.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah just today we had a car brought in acting 'irratic'. turns out the 4 bar came apart.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone's OMNI Power 4Bar MAP sensor take a **** yet? (Mase)

i sent a hondata 4 bar sensor to aem so they could test it and add it to the map sensor wizards.. they said after about 30psi the case started leaking

Quick Reply: Anyone's OMNI Power 4Bar MAP sensor take a poop yet?