Notices

Anyone running a Greddy REPLICA blowoff valve?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running a Greddy REPLICA blowoff valve?

I currently have a Greddy Type-S blowoff valve on my greddy kit, which I'm selling soon. I will need to buy a new blow-off valve most likely, and I was looking at picking one of these up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...QrdZ1

I know it's not the real deal, but how hard is it to replicate something so simple in its function?

I'm not asking for people's opinion of this product; I simply want to hear testimonials from people as to whether it works well or not.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Anyone running a Greddy REPLICA blowoff valve? (boostincoupe)

don't waste your money. i was going to pick one up and the difference between the two is enormous. The Greddy type rs was hella better in design and actually the knockoff one was cheap, not a clean flange, the valve was plastic. If you don't mind blowing 60 bucks on something that might fail prematurely you're better off saving and buying the real deal. I'm okay w/ the one I picked up although I would have preferred the HKS SSQ.

Good luck!
Old 02-10-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Anyone running a Greddy REPLICA blowoff valve? (redsohc101)

I had a greddy, sold it to a dumbass kid that paid 200 for it, read good about the greddy knock offs, so I bought one. It was the biggest waste of 55 bucks. They suck dude. Just keep yours. Atleast mine sucked
Old 02-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone running a Greddy REPLICA blowoff valve? (spoolin_teg)

Jesus, there was literally a thread on this the other day. They work fine. I have one that I will be running on my next setup and know several people who have used them sucessfully, and several other people on here will tell you that they use them without fail.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redsohc101 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">don't waste your money. i was going to pick one up and the difference between the two is enormous. The Greddy type rs was hella better in design and actually the knockoff one was cheap, not a clean flange, the valve was plastic. If you don't mind blowing 60 bucks on something that might fail prematurely you're better off saving and buying the real deal. I'm okay w/ the one I picked up although I would have preferred the HKS SSQ.

Good luck! </TD></TR></TABLE>

I bet my 30 dollar bov function the same as your
Old 02-12-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Anyone running a Greddy REPLICA blowoff valve? (StolenTeg)

mine sucked... I wouldnt pay a dollar for it. But who knows, im sure some of them are built with good parts
Old 02-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the item is not longer available
Old 02-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (igo4bmx)

The ebay bov work perfect
Old 02-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (90dxhmt)

my knockoff type s works great.

people that experinced problems, did you remove one of the springs in the bov. they have bov the hard and soft spring in there. i got mine in the mail. took the hard spring out and ive never had a problem

Modified by Turbo_y8 at 6:40 AM 2/13/2007
Old 02-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Turbo_y8)

No they just make posts on the internet about how it was broken and didnt work.It is much easier then pulling your head out of your *** and actaully doing something.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo_y8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my knockoff type s works great.

people that experinced problems, did you remove one of the springs in the bov. they have bov the hard and soft spring in there. i got mine in the mail. took the hard spring out and ive never had a problem</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-13-2007, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redsohc101 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">don't waste your money. i was going to pick one up and the difference between the two is enormous. The Greddy type rs was hella better in design and actually the knockoff one was cheap, not a clean flange, the valve was plastic. If you don't mind blowing 60 bucks on something that might fail prematurely you're better off saving and buying the real deal. I'm okay w/ the one I picked up although I would have preferred the HKS SSQ.

Good luck! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Mine cost me $30shipped. I've had it for over a year without any problems.