Notices

Anyone knowledgeable on NITROUIS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone knowledgeable on NITROUIS!!!!

Anyone knowledgeable on NITROUIS!!!!

Once I have got my rebuild d16 z6 running right I am going to is looking for a bit more power than I originally expected after having a 2.5 st6 BMW during the build. At first I was considering a turbo but the high cost and time consuming nature of that idea put me off as I want another RWD car in the near future.
I stumbled across this nitrous kit

http://www.procivic.com/pages-produc...449/index.html

The Nitrous Express import efi stage 1 nitrous system
thinking about ordering from america as they seem to be more familure with there nitrous

if I hooked up this or a similar system first I was wondering if it would run ok on a 75shot with only up rated spark plugs and spark plug leads to help the burn

Also what sort of power increase could I expect from a system like this?
In my head I am already envisioning stealth nitrous in the ashtray VIN diesel styleeeee
Old 03-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone knowledgeable on NITROUIS!!!!

You could rent all the F&F dvds. They use mad NOS!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tell me about it there NOS warps light,would be like riding the halon collider
Old 03-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy sh*t.. All the information you want is on that link you posted. Scroll down...
Old 03-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i no scare. 150 shot, stock plugs, 89 octane, no timing pulled....actually, if i remember right i added some timing

Old 03-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

halon collider. lmfao.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by racebum
i no scare. 150 shot, stock plugs, 89 octane, no timing pulled....actually, if i remember right i added some timing

well i will be avoiding the 150 then will be using uprated plugs and sparks hadn't even considered using a 100 shot initially
Old 03-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

work your way up thats all. I always wanted a hit of a 100 shot
Old 03-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's spelled Nitrous btw and you need more then "uprated plugs"
Old 03-21-2012, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Run race gas and spray away...

I hate spraying 93... its not worth the risks.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The safest way is going to be using a dry shot with a Standalone management such as the S300 and utilize the nitrous control feature. Very simple and effective set-up. You will have to run a relay between the output of the ECU and the No2 solenoid. The ecu will turn on the nitrous (there will be no button to hit like the movies) You will have a switch to arm it, and the ECU takes care of the rest based on the parameters you want it activated at

You will be able to add fuel via Injectors and take out Ignition timing the second no2 is activated. This will allow you to dial in a good tune on the dyno with it. This is going to be the safest way of doing it. Then you could even go to a 100shot safely. Without the ablity of tuning fuel/ignition i wouldnt go over a 35/50 shot. Essentially running a dry shot with nitrous control is a Wet kit. Since its increasing fuel thru injectors when nitrous is activated. It is actually a more percise way of controling fuel vs. a wet shot. Since fuel will be evenly distrbuted into each cylinder. If youre budgeting i believe neptune has nitrous control. Im sure alot of the other systems like chrome, ectune may have it as well. I use the S300 and it works flawless.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by kbouchard1092
The safest way is going to be using a dry shot with a Standalone management such as the S300 and utilize the nitrous control feature. Very simple and effective set-up. You will have to run a relay between the output of the ECU and the No2 solenoid. The ecu will turn on the nitrous (there will be no button to hit like the movies) You will have a switch to arm it, and the ECU takes care of the rest based on the parameters you want it activated at

You will be able to add fuel via Injectors and take out Ignition timing the second no2 is activated. This will allow you to dial in a good tune on the dyno with it. This is going to be the safest way of doing it. Then you could even go to a 100shot safely. Without the ablity of tuning fuel/ignition i wouldnt go over a 35/50 shot. Essentially running a dry shot with nitrous control is a Wet kit. Since its increasing fuel thru injectors when nitrous is activated. It is actually a more percise way of controling fuel vs. a wet shot. Since fuel will be evenly distrbuted into each cylinder. If youre budgeting i believe neptune has nitrous control. Im sure alot of the other systems like chrome, ectune may have it as well. I use the S300 and it works flawless.
respect on the monster you run about in, due to the complex nature of dry over wet in terms of tuning and cost i am just going to go for a complete wet kit i had only planned on giving it a 50 shot now and again what would you need to say run a 100 shot on a d16z6. already has stage3 clutch, half weight flywheel, 4-2-1 manifold, irradium plugs, AEM fuel pressure regulater also engine went over a major overhaul. Only run on 99 octane

I wont buy new internals like pistons and things just to run nos though
Old 03-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PeteABread
respect on the monster you run about in, due to the complex nature of dry over wet in terms of tuning and cost i am just going to go for a complete wet kit i had only planned on giving it a 50 shot now and again what would you need to say run a 100 shot on a d16z6. already has stage3 clutch, half weight flywheel, 4-2-1 manifold, irradium plugs, AEM fuel pressure regulater also engine went over a major overhaul. Only run on 99 octane

I wont buy new internals like pistons and things just to run nos though
A 100 shot on a stock d16 isnt a good idea. If you dont plan on having any means of tuning i wouldnt go over a 50shot. I think a dry kit would be fine. A wet kit is safer for bigger shots like over 50. However with no means of tuning and a stock d16 i wouldnt advise going over a 50 shot.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:12 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/%2A%2A%2A-official-nitrous-thread%2A%2A%2A-2119397/