Notices

anyone know of any worthy places to look for sponsorships?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default anyone know of any worthy places to look for sponsorships?

anyone know of any worthy places to look for sponsorships?
im at a time where im not gonna be able to hit the track too much now and stay competetive unless i get some help . anyone know of any places looking to get their name out there more?
Old 05-06-2002, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: anyone know of any worthy places to look for sponsorships? (itr206)

If you're not gonna be able to hit the track to often, forget sponsorship slappy... the whole idea of picking up a sponsor is that you WILL be showing up. (You'll sign a contract) Plus, if you want sponsorship for performance parts... you better be at events winning or placing, because that's what sponsors look for.

PS, most performance sponsors will approach you AFTER you make a name for yourself at the track..... pulling a low 14 won't really impress a performance sponsor.

If X2 wanted or needed a sponsor, he would galdly sign up for the ultimate sponsor: The Unemployment Office
Sponsorship money and you only have to show up to two interviews...um....events a week HA!
Old 05-06-2002, 09:21 AM
Future Texas Boy

A financial sponsor will be nearly impossible if that`s what you are looking for.

A deal on parts, labor, etc is more realistic.

Ryan
Old 05-06-2002, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone know of any worthy places to look for sponsorships? (vtecvoodoo)

1st off its not a low 14 sec car. . . .in case you werent joking.
the only reason i was saying about not going to as many events any more . is becuase avg of at least $100 per weekend at the track is getting old.
I was looking at not being picky at 1st and getting someone to pay my way to the track and work on something bigger on the side with someone else for parts.
What ever i got to do to do it .
and i do place pretty damn good at every event , minus a minute few when i get beat by a car 2 sec faster then mine . they know me at the tracks , i talk to alot of people ,i get attention, its just getting the attention of someone with something to give.
Old 05-06-2002, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

first run the times then talk to sponsors. trust me it takes alot to get sponsors now.
Old 05-06-2002, 11:43 AM
Future Texas Boy

Default Re: anyone know of any worthy places to look for sponsorships? (BoostinDC2)

you should contact "mid-late 20`s white guy racin`..we are currently looking for cars to sponsor
Old 05-06-2002, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone know of any worthy places to look for sponsorships? (BoostinDC2)

first run the times then talk to sponsors. trust me it takes alot to get sponsors now.
You got that right. Esprecially now since everyone and their mother has a gsr swap wants to get sponsored.

I did not mean your car runs 14's guy... but understand that there are private guys in this world that have built motors running boost well into the double digits and have little to absolutely no sponsorship. There are a handful of hondas down in FL that come close to breaking into the 10's and at least one privateer looking for 9's and some of these mahcines are dailies. If you REALLY want sponsorship... #1) you gotta know the right people #2) You gotta go to shows for points #3) You gotta WIN WIN WIN ! #4) Sell yourself like a ho on the strip All I can say is start some kind of record book and folder on your ride.

Good Luck

BTW, what are your current ETs ? <------nosy like a gossip queen
Old 05-06-2002, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone know of any worthy places to look for sponsorships? (X2BOARD)

Sell yourself like a ho on the strip
Old 05-06-2002, 01:02 PM
Future Texas Boy

Buy Craig Lieberman`s book haha
Old 05-06-2002, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone know of any worthy places to look for sponsorships? (vtecvoodoo)

Buy Craig Lieberman`s book haha
Old 05-06-2002, 01:33 PM
Future Texas Boy

well let him borrow your`s then
Old 05-06-2002, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

like i would buy that thing

[Modified by BoostinDC2, 11:10 PM 5/6/2002]
Old 05-06-2002, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Cragi lieberman can suck my fkn Dck and also to all those who claim to have been a major part of the scene but all they did was sit behind a desk and front as if they knew their ****.

-just a little pissed off today...

Wil
Old 05-06-2002, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone know of any worthy places to look for sponsorships? (exospeedAMcrx)

well i already have a log book and made a portfolio so im on my way , i met up with many people at shows andshit . but now its time for business.
last time i raced it i did 13.3 , the car needs to get tuned though i was running hella rich and timing prob wasnt where it should be ,and traction problems next time it hits the track it will be deep 12's
for the mods i have it is a very suprising car. i want to go turbo and get a low 12 sec car before bottom end build up . . right now i got poor mans power. . . . NOS
but all motor i pull mid 13's easy . my main thing holding me back now is being untuned and traction .
Old 05-06-2002, 05:16 PM
Trial User

It is possible to gain sponsors before you race your car, but you're going to have to convince them you have something alot better than a 12 sec honda, those really are a dime a dozen these days.
Old 05-06-2002, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

13.3 is but a very very insignificant drop in the bucket these days. there's people struggling to find sponsorship running 9's and 10's. you can't expect someone to pay to build up your car unless you're an awesome driver that already has publicity. all you can hope for is that if you build it they will come. how it works in this industry is people often take out personal loans to race and have everything ride on their success. are you prepared to do that?
Old 05-06-2002, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone know of any worthy places to look for sponsorships? (SEFI8LOxCivic)

it takes more than a 9 sec pass to get sponsors. your car has to look appealing, go to lots of races, qualify and place as high as possible. just cause you run a 9 once doesn't mean sponsors will come running to you. just keep in mind that sponsors get hit up every day by people asking for product only and still people get shot down. this is in no way ment to shoot you down. i am just letting you know how hard it is in this industry.
Old 05-06-2002, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

true, a lot of it is about creating a relationship with your sponsor. the people who give us product sponsorship have known us for years. what that means is that often you need to buy things first a full retail, and when they see results and true commitment, you might start getting stuff for free or at the very least heavily discounted.
Old 05-06-2002, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[Modified by earl, 10:12 AM 5/7/2002]
Old 05-06-2002, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone know of any worthy places to look for sponsorships? (earl)

I sent out a portfolio to literally over a hundred companies. Of those, I got fifteen to twenty that showed any interest at all, and of those, I recieved discounts/free products from the ones in my signature. The key is to apply to the masses, and hope for the best. Also, figure out what will make your car unique to the industry. There are plenty of integras that are fast, and plenty of civic hatchs that run 9's but aren't sponsored. For me, it is trying to be the fastest daily driven Si in the world. I always tell my sponsors that is my goal, not a gaurantee, and that I hope to acheive it with their support. You have to sell them on what they are getting out of the deal. Events you will attend, publicity, magazine articles, etc.

It won't be easy. In order to be fast, you need all the products. In order to get all the products, you need to be fast. Be ready to get a lot of emails back that say "we are currently not looking for any vehicles to sponsor, but we will keep your application on file."

Also, be very very patient. I don't like to pester companies. If there is interest, give the people a couple of weeks to respond to your emails. They are busy, and aren't going to make a dime off you. And don't worry about the details of it, such as part numbers and how much of a discount, just say thank you a lot and accept what comes your way.

Good luck!

Oh and this: "It is possible to gain sponsors before you race your car, but you're going to have to convince them you have something alot better than a 12 sec honda, those really are a dime a dozen these days." is true, because I'm doing it. See you in nags head phantom.

[Modified by trbob16a, 7:03 AM 5/7/2002]
Old 05-06-2002, 11:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone know of any worthy places to look for sponsorships? (earl)

[Modified by ninesecrx, 6:14 PM 5/7/2002]
Old 05-07-2002, 05:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well thanks for the repleis guys. im gonna start sending my **** out and see what happens
but my goal is to have this car be an 11sec daily driven car. but cant do that until i go turbo and build up the block for big boost . so its gonna take a while.
ill let you guys know how it goes. thanks.
Old 05-07-2002, 08:32 AM
Future Texas Boy

Default Re: anyone know of any worthy places to look for sponsorships? (ninesecrx)

I knew it was coming
Old 05-07-2002, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I hate to break this to you but even 11 sec daily is common place. Now if you hit a low 10 high 9 and drive it on the street that is when people will look at you. I was actually just sponsored by Myass Inc. Myass Inc. is working diligently with me to produce a 10 sec street car ( mabey faster who knows! ) I kinda like being sponsored by Myass because I allow me to take my car out whenever I please to scare house pets, families and the fawking guy down the street that always yells "Slow the hell down!!!"eheh. It takes longer this way but it is much more rewarding. If a sponsor other than Myass Inc. would like to foot the bill then they can come up to me. Im in it more for the fun because I love the sport, not for the $$.
Old 05-07-2002, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone know of any worthy places to look for sponsorships? (Dublocivic)

well how many daily driven R's do you know doing 12's?
how many doing 11's?
thats is where i got a little bit of leeway . . . yes i could have bought a civic for a couple grand and turned it to an 11sec street car easy, but im trying to do it with a car that noone else is venturing into "as most people say runing the car"
im not in it for the money but its getting to the point where i would like to see something more out of it than brakcet winnings and trophies.

Quick Reply: anyone know of any worthy places to look for sponsorships?