anyone ever run the vecco.net cast turbo manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone ever run the vecco.net cast turbo manifold?

ebay link

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ebay listing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">High quality cast turbo manifold, great for those who are building their own turbo kit! The manifold and turbo are the most important part of the turbo system; so do not skimp on these components. Spend a little extra money for the insurance and warranty that this manifold will last and not crack. 2-year warranty! Do not worry about whether your AC and power steering will work with other manifolds on the market, this design has been around for years, is AC and PS compatible and used by some of the top names in turbocharging, Turbonetics, Drag, and RevHard! Manifold will work with any size turbo T3, T3/T4B, T3/T4E and up to the Turbonetics 60-1 Hybrid. 2-year warranty

* Keep your A/C & Power Steering
* 35mm wastegate flange(Turbonetics/Tial)
* Super Strong OEM Cast Design
* Fits T3 and T3/T4 hybrid turbos
* 2 year warranty!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

seems like decent manifold. has anyone run it? any issues? i know its an ebay brand, but it is cast so i was thinkin maybe would be better quality

BTW i searched vecco manoifold
Old 06-07-2006, 04:40 PM
In-N-Out Burger

Default Re: anyone ever run the vecco.net cast turbo manifold? (B18B-SC)

Wastegate placement is very poor...

I suggest you do a little research before you jump the gun on that POS cast mani.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever run the vecco.net cast turbo manifold? (NightRider-gsR)

thanks for your input,

i am in the process of researching turbo manifolds
Old 06-07-2006, 04:49 PM

If you want a cast like that go either blox or inline pro both very good manifolds!
Old 06-07-2006, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever run the vecco.net cast turbo manifold? (iBrandon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iBrandon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you want a cast like that go either blox or inline pro both very good manifolds!</TD></TR></TABLE>

that is another one ive been considering(blox). this is a thread from one of out sponsers ive been interested in.
linky

is the inlinepro onw ac/ps compatible?
Old 06-07-2006, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

A friend of mine bought a tubular manifold from them for his Supra, might i say that from the outside the welds didnt look like that they had been heated up enough and the inside of the collector was pitaful; chunks of metal, oblong curves. Took me 3 hours to clean up the manifold and i still suggested that he sold it to some other poor basterd. I know it was their cast manifold you are talking about but thats my expierence.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:40 PM

Default Re: anyone ever run the vecco.net cast turbo manifold? (urbansi)

Garbage. as said, wastegate placement is horrible.. expect boost creep. A friend of mine ran an Inline Pro manifold, wasnt bad still not the best design. I bought a spoolin performance log manifold and couldnt be happier with it. http://www.spoolinperformance....37aa9 The manifold costs 300$ without shipping. Phil's quality is unquestionable though. You can also get a downpipe that is for sure to fit. My .02 cents
Old 06-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever run the vecco.net cast turbo manifold? (ENJOYtheRIDE)

wow, i will definetly keep that mani in mind, that is pretty damn cheap. and you say its pretty good quiality
Old 06-07-2006, 07:05 PM

i had to fix one that has a hole in it brand new .. low quality casting i guess.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:15 PM

Default Re: anyone ever run the vecco.net cast turbo manifold? (project dc2)

that will def creep. thats a repro of a drag mani.

i had a drag mani along time ago with the same placement, and it crept like a ****
Old 06-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever run the vecco.net cast turbo manifold? (ccfab)

yea the wastegate just cant flow enough when it is only being fed by 1 cylinder, i think the revhard mani's are a little better because the wastegate hole is shared by 2 runners. The best however as stated before are blox and inlinepro which have the wastegate fed be all 4 runners at the collector area.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:36 PM

Default Re: anyone ever run the vecco.net cast turbo manifold? (Soccerking3000)

Bottom line thers alot better bang for your buck manifolds out there. Alot of the Honda-tech sponsors have nice manis and great customer service, I had 1000 questions to ask about my manifold and probably was the biggest PITA, but Its always nice to be able to talk to the actual fabricator,

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i had to fix one that has a hole in it brand new .. low quality casting i guess.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Speak of the devil, heh.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:44 PM
i ♥ snails

Yeah save your money and research spoolin peformance gets my vote for quality and price. You cant go wrong with there sexy mani's.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (quicksilver1689)

i think im gonna go with this setup

im gettin the whole kit for $700, its a t3 turbo with an evo 8 intercooler, charge piping, 550 rc injectors Tial WG plus the manifold is ac/ps compatible

Old 06-11-2006, 08:07 AM

Default Re: (B18B-SC)

I would highly recommend staying away from that 'HMT' looking kit.

I'm also confused on why some pictures have a ramhorn style manifold in them, but the first one has a log style manifold. As well as, why theres a picture of a deltagate, but a tial in the first pic. Looks like two different turbo setups to me. The turbo is also different in the first picture. That turbo looks like its about had it, I wouldnt doubt that it has shaft play to hell and back, its also smaller than my colon. Conclusion, I think you are getting some scraps from two shitty turbo builds.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ENJOYtheRIDE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ENJOYtheRIDE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would highly recommend staying away from that 'HMT' looking kit.

I'm also confused on why some pictures have a ramhorn style manifold in them, but the first one has a log style manifold. As well as, why theres a picture of a deltagate, but a tial in the first pic. Looks like two different turbo setups to me. The turbo is also different in the first picture. That turbo looks like its about had it, I wouldnt doubt that it has shaft play to hell and back, its also smaller than my colon. Conclusion, I think you are getting some scraps from two shitty turbo builds.</TD></TR></TABLE>

X2
Old 06-11-2006, 09:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stay away from cast Taiwanese/Chinese manifolds for at least another 5 years. The problem is that these countries do not have significant iron mining; they actually buy scrap metal from America by the boatload to make into new products, and they haven't learned how to make a good quality low porosity cast iron with what they have to work with.

Good for international trade, good for these developing countries (easier to melt scrap than to smelt iron), but crap for anything made of cast iron because they don't have virgin metal to work with. On the other hand, their stainless steel casting is excellent, because steel scrap is easy to reuse.

Does anyone remember the "Stone Mountain Racing" TD05 that I bought, where the turbine housing actually broke into 3 pieces when I tried to thread in the studs? (really, really, really porous)
Old 06-11-2006, 11:04 AM

Default Re: anyone ever run the vecco.net cast turbo manifold? (beepy)

InlinePRO manifolds are great, and they are AC/PS friendly - I personally like the cast ss.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ENJOYtheRIDE)

the reason there is two different manifolds show is because, the guy im buying it from has a neukin(sp) manifold. before he sells it to me he is gonna trade his buddy, who has the log style manifold. same goes with the turbo, he only snapped a picture of the manifold so i knew what i was buying.

as for the shaft play. i will definetly check that out before handing him the money. im not sure which wastegate i will be getting.

but i think for $700 it isnt a horrible deal, but who knows, i may be wrong.

i havent set out on purchasing it quite yet. i wanna make sure its a decent kit, before i give him the money
Old 06-11-2006, 04:29 PM
In-N-Out Burger

If you do make the purchase, you'll end up regretting it later down the road.

You'll probably yearn for more power and that "kit" will not suffice. This will cause you to scavenge for better parts which is a waste of money in the first place since you will end up selling the old parts and lose money.

But you know...It's your money.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NightRider-gsR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NightRider-gsR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you do make the purchase, you'll end up regretting it later down the road.

You'll probably yearn for more power and that "kit" will not suffice. This will cause you to scavenge for better parts which is a waste of money in the first place since you will end up selling the old parts and lose money.

But you know...It's your money.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i hear ya man. and thanks for ur input.

well the guy kinda blew me off today. so ill give him one more shot to contact me. then. ill go take a look at it. i have a feeling im not gonna make the purchase. i may end up going with the blox/master turbo combo, one of the sponsers has for $899. or i may go with a spoolin performance mani. all i know is i want a ps/ac manifold. i dont want it to be rigged(which i think this kit may be) i do believe you when you say ill want more boost. it may be down the road but im sure it will come. i may just buy pieces at a time.

the only worry i have is, finding charge piping if i purchase a turbo mani and a turbo. will i have to have it custom made?

do they make charge piping for certain maifolds? such as inlinepro, blox, etc

Old 06-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

honestly i think ill go with this mani, if i dont purchase this kit
linky

Old 06-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how does this look? not so much the prices but more of just the parts. i figure i would definetly get the downpipe and manifold, possibly the chargepiping.

i havent really researched the prices on the other things. such as turbo, tial waste gate, and the intercooler. do those prices seem reasonable?

i already have:
oil drain/feed lines
greddy BOV
fuel managment

is there anything else im missing?

Old 06-12-2006, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks alot better ;D You'll be happier. And things won't break, hopefully. Spoolin is a cool dude, i got my piping from him a while back.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:53 AM
sycamore

i have neve liked thoes mains they crack and can cost some money for the price of that you can buy a spoolinperformance or some thing like that... i give them a

Quick Reply: anyone ever run the vecco.net cast turbo manifold?