Notices

anyone boosting with jg-fab.com mani?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 04:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone boosting with jg-fab.com mani?

And how much power you making,B or D series motors. looks like it well put together.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone boosting with jg-fab.com mani? (PBOOSTIN)

log for d-series w\ 14b flange and tial 38mm flange

boosting sometime next week hopefully
Old 02-11-2006, 05:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id like to know how long James has been welding for. that manifold looks really good. nice color, and welds are consistant through out. definitly something id like to be able to to "on demand" lol
Old 02-11-2006, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone boosting with jg-fab.com mani? (Dturbocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">id like to know how long James has been welding for. that manifold looks really good. nice color, and welds are consistant through out. definitly something id like to be able to to "on demand" lol</TD></TR></TABLE>
I deffinently agree, the manifold looks 10x better in person and the welds are gorgeous. to James and JG Fab
Old 02-11-2006, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

from what i remember hes only been welding for 2-3 years.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah james hasnt been doing this for that long, but he does this all day and everyday.

you only get better over time.

hes only 18 or 19... give this guy some props for his welding skills and knowlegde of fabbing.

im all for james stuff. he does great work and is always there to help you if you have questions or issues.

i live like 5 mins from him so i always stop by when i can. some of his stuff lately looks like it was welded by a robot... good stuff

heres what he did for me... all custom from manifold to pipes and DP

Old 02-11-2006, 11:54 AM

holy ****, thats the hottest mani ive ever seen. any chance of a price on that bad boy?
Old 02-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what were your #'s with that mani?
Old 02-11-2006, 04:35 PM
D-t
Trial User

Default Re: (AbitAvenger)

I didn't know James from BMCRace was also JG-Fab?

He does do great work. He is also around my age 19 or so. I wish I could do the welding/fabbing stuff that he does. Great work man
Old 02-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (D-t)

Booja made around 500whp, and thats on pump gas and st00pid tuned.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:04 PM

Default Re: anyone boosting with jg-fab.com mani? (AbitAvenger)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AbitAvenger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

log for d-series w\ 14b flange and tial 38mm flange

boosting sometime next week hopefully </TD></TR></TABLE>

poor manifold design... but the welds look ok
Old 02-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone boosting with jg-fab.com mani? (D0GMAN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D0GMAN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">poor manifold design... but the welds look ok </TD></TR></TABLE>
Could you elaborate as to why it is a poor manifold design? Because it's not a Ram Horn style or something?
Old 02-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone boosting with jg-fab.com mani? (AbitAvenger)

Wastegate placement..

Still looks good for the money though (how much are they??)
Old 02-11-2006, 05:49 PM

well, james fucked me, i waited about two months for the downpipe and manifold he made me then when it came last week it didnt clear my ac compressor. his response to that was just "dent it in some". to make it fit i'd have to dent it probably a solid inch, which is just rediculous for a 2.5" downpipe. i know a good welder in my area who is going to clean it up, clear out barbs james left in the o2 sensor hole, grind away the rough edges and badly matched pipe to the flange edges. so i might get out ok, but it still took him two months to send me the downpipe which didnt fit, when he had time to bill my credit card the first day he had it.
every time i called him (6+ times) he told me my manifold and down pipe would be shipped out "in a couple of days"
Old 02-11-2006, 05:56 PM

Default Re: anyone boosting with jg-fab.com mani? (delsolnewkid)

Sounds like the turbo gods are trying to tell you that A/C and turbo aren't meant for each other.

I don't know James, and I've never dealt with him, but from the time he's come out to now he's gotten very good with his welding and by him sticking with these manifolds for this long given his age I think he's going to be very successful.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: anyone boosting with jg-fab.com mani? (stealthmode62)

I called James a while back. He was very helpful with all my questions.

And BTW any custom part, manifold or downpipe doesn't come from thin air. More than likely he was waiting for the parts causing a little delay, this is what I got from one of his previous threads.

I know where you are coming from though, I don't like to wait for things either, and then especially when they show up and don't quite fit right, it can be a pain.

But all in all I think he is a great guy and his welding has definitley come a long way.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone boosting with jg-fab.com mani? (93turbo16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I called James a while back. He was very helpful with all my questions.

And BTW any custom part, manifold or downpipe doesn't come from thin air. More than likely he was waiting for the parts causing a little delay, this is what I got from one of his previous threads.

I know where you are coming from though, I don't like to wait for things either, and then especially when they show up and don't quite fit right, it can be a pain.

But all in all I think he is a great guy and his welding has definitley come a long way. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree, they don't come from thin air, and they take time to make. I paid 250 for my manifold with the 14b flange welded onto it. It took about a month for it to get to me, and James was more then helpful with all of my questions and concerns. This is a non a\c and non p\s compatible manifold, exactly what I ordered.

to James
Old 02-12-2006, 06:14 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stealthmode62 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Sounds like the turbo gods are trying to tell you that A/C and turbo aren't meant for each other.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

then james shouldnt advertise it as an a/c compatible manifold

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> And BTW any custom part, manifold or downpipe doesn't come from thin air. More than likely he was waiting for the parts causing a little delay, this is what I got from one of his previous threads.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

and it's nothing personal about whether or not he's a good guy or not, it's just bad business policy to tell me six times that my manifold is a couple days from shipping, over the course of two months. if it's going to take him time to put together, i understand that, but he should tell me it's going to take time instead of lying to me.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: anyone boosting with jg-fab.com mani? (delsolnewkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by delsolnewkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
and it's nothing personal about whether or not he's a good guy or not, it's just bad business policy to tell me six times that my manifold is a couple days from shipping, over the course of two months. if it's going to take him time to put together, i understand that, but he should tell me it's going to take time instead of lying to me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Understandable. But I will tell you this.. he was being told the same thing from his supplier. He got in a snag on collectors. Where he was told 2 weeks and it turned out to be a month or so. That is more than likely to cause.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stealthmode62 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Sounds like the turbo gods are trying to tell you that A/C and turbo aren't meant for each other.

I don't know James, and I've never dealt with him, but from the time he's come out to now he's gotten very good with his welding and by him sticking with these manifolds for this long given his age I think he's going to be very successful. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Build it yourself next time and then you can only blame yourself when hiccups occur