Notices

Anybody had any experience with Outlaw Engineering's Thermal Spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody had any experience with Outlaw Engineering's Thermal Spacers?

I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with Outlaw Engineering's Thermal Spacer kits. Had a member on here recommend them, and was just curious if anyone else had any experience with them.
Just looked like an interesting kit. I was wondering how much an LHT intercooled JRSC application would benefit from something like this.

Here's a picture:

Some graphs:

Old 02-18-2011, 06:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody had any experience with Outlaw Engineering's Thermal Spacers?

They are pieces of plastic shaped like a gaskets, not really too much to screw up.... and I highly doubt one companies plastic gasket's are better than the other if that helps any.

Kit looks good if its priced decently.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:41 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Anybody had any experience with Outlaw Engineering's Thermal Spacers?

I love them. Had them for about 4 years. I used the full Outlaw engineering kit for a Type R and GS-R. It's about time someone else mentioned them on here. Very solid stuff instead of the Hondata.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking of buying a kit also it seems like their kits come with everything you could possibly need.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I wish they would sell the manifold to head gasket separate. I believe this kit uses a different type of material that isnt quite as soft as the others and requires gaskets or sealant.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

had mine for 5+ years...good quality and priced well....i don't have any back to back data to compare to anything else on the market but im sure it's doing something.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont see much benefit on a supercharger as the charge is whats making the heat its not really radiant from the engine and the aftercooler is doing the work for you thats just my .02 i could be wrong, someone correct me if i am
Old 02-19-2011, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ashame that they dont make any for LS integra's
Old 02-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Price tag isnt to bad considering you get a few thermogaskets along with regular gaskets to seal thigns up and extended bolts 109.00 on their site
Old 02-19-2011, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

They do make an LS Kit its just not listed on the site im about to order a one myself.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I used them for my LS and GSR,

the plastic is WAY thicker than a hondata,

I actually had some fitment issues with my magnus IM and the outlaw thermal gasket, so ****in long.

but its good, keeps the IM and TB nice and cold
Old 02-20-2011, 04:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Turbo-LS
i dont see much benefit on a supercharger as the charge is whats making the heat its not really radiant from the engine and the aftercooler is doing the work for you thats just my .02 i could be wrong, someone correct me if i am
Heat soak. The engine is at a constant 180 deg you would like the supercharger to stay cooler than that, any little bit helps with pesky JRSC's.

Its really questionable if any of these kits work well but when your looking for that little bit of extra whatever its an easy upgrade. The air moves through any manifold so fast at WOT little heat is ever picked up and unless you bypass the coolant your just defeating your upgrade in the end anyhow.

Nice kit....
Old 02-20-2011, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the gaskets really do work, i had a hondata on my old car and the intake temps stay low while driving and dont raise so much when idling but eventually the manifodl stil heatsoakes if shuttting down engine and restarting or idle for long periods, but allows to recool the manifold better
Old 02-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm definitely considering one of these kits.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Bringing this thread up since i came across this.
I love this kit! its well made! I used a 70mm throtle body so i had to port some material away but was very easy with a rotory tool. the material is pretty tough.

Im using this on my supercharged integra and results were instant. I took it out for a spin and the motor had so much more throttle response! the blower boosted faster it seamed and the overall acceleration of the motor was increased. Great product. Im also using a plenium spacer in between also so thats what gave a increase in my performance the most i believe but both together gave me great results.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:38 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

They also make 70mm sizes (I found out later, as I ported mine as well) but you have to call in to request it. A-1 quality stuff.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by TheShodan
They also make 70mm sizes (I found out later, as I ported mine as well) but you have to call in to request it. A-1 quality stuff.
I actually emailed them and requested a 70mm but still got a standard size but its ok i was porting a whole bunch of stuff anyway.