Notices

any required reading before I consider Nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any required reading before I consider Nitrous?

i searched a few post and got some basic information. (like what is dry, wet single port, multi port). I still don't have a picture of how they really work but I got the general idea. (Dry is cheaper and easier to install, but doesn't yield as much as power as a wet one would)

Anyways, before I get any further, my objective is to increase horsepower without significant, major modifications. I am not looking at anything above 50 shots anyways. The reason I want to go with nitrous is, and correct me if I am wrong, this is the cheapest way to boast hp compare to engine swap, turbo, or S/C. I am driving a stock 99 LX. Can the D-series handle a Dry system without changing the injectors, fuel pump, and/or others parts?
Old 10-01-2006, 04:15 PM

you want to go with a wet kit. that way you dont have to relie on your stock fuel system to add the extra fuel. just make sure you jet it right and your good to go. most people that buy dry kits end up upgrading to wet kits.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kraig8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kraig8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you want to go with a wet kit. that way you dont have to relie on your stock fuel system to add the extra fuel. just make sure you jet it right and your good to go. most people that buy dry kits end up upgrading to wet kits. </TD></TR></TABLE>

let's say if I am going to sell the car, can I remove the wet kit while leaving the stock engine bay RELATIVELY intact?
Old 10-01-2006, 04:28 PM

yes. the only way to tell is that you will have a hole in your intake pipe.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kraig8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kraig8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes. the only way to tell is that you will have a hole in your intake pipe.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thank you.

and i suppose this
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st....60615 is a Dry system right? (from http://www.titanmotorsports.com/niexma.html)

anyways, from the HondaMarketplace it looks like the price for a used Dry or used Wet is somewhat in the same ballpark (350-450). That looks like a good price no?
Old 10-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (andylawcc)

Find some knowledgeable domestic drag guys in your area. No one is better at using nitrous. They can talk you through the different styles of nitrous injection, the pros and cons of the various manufacturers, progressive controllers, dual stage kits, how to tune by reading plugs, etc.

They will obviously give you some crap about your import, but it is well worth what you can learn from them.

Good luck with your project.