Notices

Any good shops in the Sacramento/Bay area to do H22 Darton sleeves and piston/rod installs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Any good shops in the Sacramento/Bay area to do H22 Darton sleeves and piston/rod installs?

Hiya,

I was wondering if any of you Bay area peeps know a good shop around the Sacramento or San Francisco Bay area? I'm looking for one that has experience with these to install some Darton sleeves, pistons and rods for my H22.

thanks
Old 12-24-2002, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Any good shops in the Sacramento/Bay area to do H22 Darton sleeves and piston/rod installs? (Blu

call 530-822-7898 the number is for L4 Imports ask for Anthony or Carlos tell . They will hook you up. Respectable prices and really good work.
Old 12-24-2002, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Any good shops in the Sacramento/Bay area to do H22 Darton sleeves and piston/rod installs? (Blu

Blacktrax Performance in Milpitas
Old 12-24-2002, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

call 530-822-7898 the number is for L4 Imports ask for Anthony or Carlos tell . They will hook you up. Respectable prices and really good work.
Is that shop in Sac? I'm assuming it is since that's where you are.

I'll look at both those shops, but does anyone know of any more?

TIA
Old 12-24-2002, 01:15 PM

call 530-822-7898 the number is for L4 Imports ask for Anthony or Carlos tell . They will hook you up. Respectable prices and really good work
__________________________________________________ __________________

I am not a kind of a person who does this on regular baises, but hell f***ing no, do not go to those people they are in yuba city I live in yuba and the stuff they do, damm. In Sacramento go to Rods machines, and I will let you know another shop that is compleatly building a engine for one of my custmors, they are good and failey cheap. BUT DO NOT GO TO L4.
Old 12-24-2002, 07:41 PM

Who are you what do you drive you talk a lotta crap and I probibly know who you are and I bet you still go there for stuff. what do you drive?
Old 12-24-2002, 08:08 PM

I never go their, never. Beside they don't do thier own machine work. Didn't mean to affend you, just giving him a thum's up. I drive a integra but it wont be seen around for a while it is going through a complete do over. I have gone their when they opened and they were all nice, but one of my friends worked their, and he told me things. I NEVER GO THIER FOR ANY THING.

[Modified by therumblingteg, 5:09 AM 12/25/2002]
Old 12-24-2002, 08:19 PM

he worked their thats a lie there are only 2 people that have worked there. You need to get your facts straight and learn how to spell.
Old 12-24-2002, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there's a shop called comptech machine there number is 939-9118. they should be able to help you out. when i called them a few months ago to do my block they quoted me 1500 to take my block apart, put in sleeves,pistons and rods and put it back together. but that price was if i already had the sleeves,pistons and rods.
Old 12-24-2002, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

learn how to spell.
Old 12-24-2002, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

he worked their thats a lie there are only 2 people that have worked there. You need to get your facts straight and learn how to spell.
I agree.

If i decide on the US B20 route later on, i'm going to get it done at L4. a guy i know -- you might know him, drives a B20 del Sol, a Hawaiian guy named Chris -- knows the L4 guys and was getting his friend's girlfriend hooked up on a swap for her 1g crx. But L4 knows their ish. And so does Chris, and if he trusts them, so do i.
Old 12-24-2002, 11:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll probably check out L4...but as far as pricing, can you guys give me a quick guesstimate of how much it woulw take to do the following:

-Darton Sleeves
-JE pistons and rings
-Crower rods
-ARP head bolts (should I go custom head bolts?)

I may get a spare block and just drop if off at their shop while they work on it, that way I can save on the downtime for my car. This will also allow me to keep my stock bottom end as a backup in case something goes wrong with the built block.

How long does it take L4 to drop the motor, take the bottom end and swap in all the parts and re-install the motor again? and if I decide to give them a spare block to work with, what is their average turn-around time for installing the Darton sleeves and honing the cylinders?

Thanks

[Modified by BlueShadow, 12:47 AM 12/25/2002]
Old 12-25-2002, 06:38 AM

Yeah you can say I know Chris I know the owners of L4 better then he does too. Blueshadow I will get a quote for ya also.

[Modified by b16b hatch, 7:38 AM 12/25/2002]
Old 12-25-2002, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah you can say I know Chris I know the owners of L4 better then he does too. Blueshadow I will get a quote for ya also.

[Modified by b16b hatch, 7:38 AM 12/25/2002]
COOL!!! thanks dood
Old 12-25-2002, 10:00 AM

__________________________________________________ __________________

You are right I should not be saying anything, sorry. They are nice people and all, so good luck. . They don't do machine work they send their stuff out, thats all. happy holidays
Old 12-31-2002, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

therumblingteg

actually you really don't seem to know what your talking about. I'm one of the owners of L4 Imports. I know i have seen your Integra around my shop. You asked me about the S-AFC hack, I don't like to do things the cheap/ghetto way. But If you have problems with what I do, and you don't know all the facts about my shop, PLEASE DO NOT talk bad. I won't be a jerk about this issue.

I personally don't know to many performance shops that have machine shop equipment at their dispolsal. I send most of my work to a local machine shop that has their fair share of boring and pressing in darton sleeves. Also it's econmical and pratical to take it to a machine shop or a larger performance shop. (AEBS, JG, Ericks, Darton, Golden Eagle)... but who really wants there motor done by a professional engine builder.!!! But to some people saving money and taking short-cuts is the only way to go.

[Modified by Cnote, 4:38 AM 1/1/2003]
Old 01-01-2003, 12:13 AM

hey i sent you an pm and let you know whats up. Really i dont have a problem with your shop, and even if i did i would not talk bad, online. Yes I have been to your shop a bunch of times and you have been helpful every time.

Just for the record that have a good shop that can be trusted, once again sorry about the post earlier.
Old 01-01-2003, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have one more question about another teg running around Yuba city. Are you the one that put his turbo kit on his car? I hope not cuz his installation was terrribly horrible. Intercooler installed upside down, heater hose was used for IC piping, i could go on, but i wanted to know if that was you who welded his BOV to his chassis?

<<<SUBJECT IS NOW DEAD TO ME>>>
Old 01-01-2003, 01:30 PM

OK cool I hope I can still be your custmor.

What color is the car I have not done any turbos in Yuba city. I have only done a del sol in sac, he wreaked it and I am now making one for a nissan. I have not done any thing for any one is yuba city. Let me know the color of the car? Or the name of the person who drives it? Welded his bov to his chassis?