Notices

Any experience with AEM TRU-BOOST controller????????

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any experience with AEM TRU-BOOST controller????????

I'm looking to pick up the AEM TRU-Boost controller next week, and was wondering if anyone has anything bad to say about it.........Any useful input is greatly appreciated!
Old 12-06-2006, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Any experience with AEM TRU-BOOST controller???????? (Mugencrxsir1)

I have one. Not installed yet but from the looks of it, it's pretty freakin awesome. It has tons of features and seems to be very easy to use. Couple more weeks I should have it up and running. I give it as of right now and expect to be very impressed once it's installed.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mugencrxsir1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm looking to pick up the AEM TRU-Boost controller next week, and was wondering if anyone has anything bad to say about it.........Any useful input is greatly appreciated! </TD></TR></TABLE>
bump...I'm also wondering about this as well....
Old 12-06-2006, 09:34 AM

well i have one installed. I don't really know how to use it but when my car was being dynoed it would close and open the wastgate so i decided to disconnect it. I say buy a manuel turbonetics boost controller and a boost gauge and still have some money left over to go eat
Old 12-06-2006, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My buddy threw one in on his Supra and he absolutely loves it. Unfortunately I left the dyno before he started playing with. It held constant boost with no issues at 30psi making around 712rwhp. It's supposedly very user friendly.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any experience with AEM TRU-BOOST controller???????? (PrecisionH23a)

Yeah, I'd say you definately have to know how to use it. You don't just hook it up and go. I'm really anxioius to get mine going.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any experience with AEM TRU-BOOST controller???????? (ZippyZivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ZippyZivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well i have one installed. I don't really know how to use it but when my car was being dynoed it would close and open the wastgate so i decided to disconnect it. I say buy a manuel turbonetics boost controller and a boost gauge and still have some money left over to go eat </TD></TR></TABLE>

I said useful information, you not learning how to use a perfectly fine electroic boost controller is absolutely rediculous. And I feel sorry for you, and just so you know, electronic boost controllers are far superior to manual boost controllers. Pure Ignorance!
Old 12-06-2006, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mugencrxsir1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I said useful information, you not learning how to use a perfectly fine electroic boost controller is absolutely rediculous. And I feel sorry for you, and just so you know, electronic boost controllers are far superior to manual boost controllers. Pure Ignorance! </TD></TR></TABLE>
lol...
Old 12-06-2006, 12:15 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mugencrxsir1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I said useful information, you not learning how to use a perfectly fine electroic boost controller is absolutely rediculous. And I feel sorry for you, and just so you know, electronic boost controllers are far superior to manual boost controllers. Pure Ignorance! </TD></TR></TABLE>
lolX2
Old 12-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I like the AEM tru-boost itself, but I've sat inside a buddy's car with both the UEGO and the Tru-boost and I was mad confused between the two gauges. You can't distinguish between the two gauges with a quick glimpse

So I went with a Turbosmart E-boost2 instead
Old 12-06-2006, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Any experience with AEM TRU-BOOST controller???????? (Tony the Tiger)

I was also looking for info on this boost controller. Do you have to run AEM EMS or can you use it with any ems?
Old 12-06-2006, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any experience with AEM TRU-BOOST controller???????? (LVB18Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LVB18Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was also looking for info on this boost controller. Do you have to run AEM EMS or can you use it with any ems?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope, it's a standalone unit, and does not need AEM EMS to work. Hondata, crome, uber.........
Old 12-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any experience with AEM TRU-BOOST controller???????? (Tony the Tiger)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tony the Tiger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I like the AEM tru-boost itself, but I've sat inside a buddy's car with both the UEGO and the Tru-boost and I was mad confused between the two gauges. You can't distinguish between the two gauges with a quick glimpse

So I went with a Turbosmart E-boost2 instead </TD></TR></TABLE>

How similar is the turbosmart E-boost2 and the AEM TRU-boost? Any major difference besides the fact the AEM is half the price of turbosmart...........
Old 12-06-2006, 07:46 PM

I would also like to hear some feedback on the Tru-Boost since I will be looking for an electronic boost controller soon
Old 12-07-2006, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any experience with AEM TRU-BOOST controller???????? (Boosted B6teen)

anyone else???????? Thanks for the great feedback so far!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2006, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Other than the Turbosmart being able to have RPM vs boost, both the AEM and the E-boost looks very similar. I went with the E-boost because I happen to run a Turbosmart wastegate as well (trying to keep under the same brand name).
Old 12-11-2006, 03:39 PM

Bump because I want one of these.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how much money do these run?
Old 12-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any experience with AEM TRU-BOOST controller???????? (jdm94eg)

Any where from $270-$325
Old 12-12-2006, 09:57 AM

Well on Supra-Forums.com The only complaint those guys seem to have about them is that the original solenoid only goes to 30psi. Other then that, they all seem to like these things. For you guys in this thread that said you have one but not installed, keep us posted please
Old 12-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any experience with AEM TRU-BOOST controller???????? (Boosted B6teen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boosted B6teen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well on Supra-Forums.com The only complaint those guys seem to have about them is that the original solenoid only goes to 30psi. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont know the exact figures off hand, but the solenoids can handle somewhere in the range of ~125-150psi NORMAL operating pressure....so i would think it has to do with their fittings or connections.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Any experience with AEM TRU-BOOST controller???????? (wHOAlly)

Or that they have a 10lb spring in the gate or something and it won't make over 30psi. Easy to blame the solenoid, which is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. lol
Old 12-13-2006, 06:55 AM

Default Re: Any experience with AEM TRU-BOOST controller???????? (tony1)

I have had both. Didn't like the AEM's ability to lock down the boost to what I set it to. It would fluctuate all over the place. I decided to try the E-boost 2 since its a gauge style controller as well and have had it on ever since. Its solid, plus you can adjust the sensitivity and it actually does something. Also nice for turning on and off nitrous off the line for spool.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any experience with AEM TRU-BOOST controller???????? (Importrev)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Importrev &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have had both. Didn't like the AEM's ability to lock down the boost to what I set it to. It would fluctuate all over the place. I decided to try the E-boost 2 since its a gauge style controller as well and have had it on ever since. Its solid, plus you can adjust the sensitivity and it actually does something. Also nice for turning on and off nitrous off the line for spool.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Please explain a little further on what you mean by "lock down", and that the boost was fluctuating all over the place? thanks
Old 12-13-2006, 07:41 AM

If I have it set for say 10psi of boost, the boost would jump from 8 to 12psi flucutating back and forth trying to keep the 10psi. Not something I liked.

Quick Reply: Any experience with AEM TRU-BOOST controller????????