Notices

ANY 1 USING DRAG,GREDDY, OR REV. HARD TURBO KITS

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANY 1 USING DRAG,GREDDY, OR REV. HARD TURBO KITS

O.K. I've decided to turbo my B16 cause I miss boost from when I had my turbo ZC motor. I have expereince with turbo's and kits but only with D series motors. Also I have made my own but just using HF manifolds and adapter plates and I have had no problems with them except mine cause I dropped a valve and blew my ZC up and then sold the kit and switched to B series. Now I would like to hear from any one out there using these kits what they think about them.

Reason why is cause I hear DRAG, Rev. Hard , F/Max etc. are all a waste of money cause one they're over priced and TWO they do not fit well at all which in turns makes the kit look like crap cause nothing fits right. Is this true ? I was looking at t he kits from all companies and I've only heard good things about GReddy turbo kits and I have installed a SOHC 92' Civic GReddy kit on my friends EF with a ZC and it fit almost perfect ( and yes I know all about the GReddy kit when it comes to ZC's so I know why it fit so well ).

After looking at the prices for DRAG , Rev Hard, etc. I believe I could just make my own kit for ALOT less money. Also by making my own I get to buy the intercooler I want , The waste gate I want ,BOV , Everything will be from companies I want instead of just given but It's still kinf of a pain so I'm undecided. I just want to know what everyone out there WITH MOTOR SWAPS that are running turbos what are you running ? Was it a pre-made or self made kit ? What parts (i.e. Companies are you using )? Also if you did buy a pre-made kit How did it fit ? Thanks... I already have a EG Twin core radiator and relocated my battery from when I had my turbo set-up and like I said I have messed with turbos but they were all D series motors and not cars with motor swaps ( except ZC's but they'r ethe same as D series ) which a B16 takes up alot more room. Thanks again.
Old 12-14-2003, 11:52 AM

Default Re: ANY 1 USING DRAG,GREDDY, OR REV. HARD TURBO KITS (BoostedB16EF8)

I have a b18c1 in a 96 civic coupe, I'm running a revhard stage 2 kit. It fits perfect in my car. No complaints here, I haven't even reached the limits of this kit and I'm still happy with it after 1 year of running 7 psi.
Old 12-14-2003, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Custom is always the best route to travel.

Keep in mind there will always be fabrication necessary when installing a turbo kit... whether custom or pre-fabbed.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:22 PM

Default Re: ANY 1 USING DRAG,GREDDY, OR REV. HARD TURBO KITS (GudeH23a)

Thanks... Yea I know all about frabricating especially when it came to my car when I turbo'd my ZC since most D series use a T25 with the style kit I made " Junkyard turbo set-up " Well I use to work at a VW and Suburu Dealership I was a mechanic there and warrantied out a turbo from a WRX. Well the WRX TD04 turbo I was using is slightly bigger andf sits alittle different then T25's and saying I had to do alittle fabrication to make it fit and work is a understatement. I just called my friend who I helped put on his H22 97' Prelude turbo kit was a F-Max kit. That thing fit like crap.

The intercooler sat funny not straight at all. We had to trim the fan shroud the clear the exhaust side of the turbo and it was a total pain and I talk to another buddy of mine during the process while we we're installing and he said he had the same problem so I guess it's just that company. Thansk for the replies guys.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:33 PM

Also I was looking at the turbo kit from a company called turbo discounters. The kit they sell for Civic/CR-X's with B16's in them their kits give you a choice of (1)-a T-20 , Choice (2)- a T-25 turbo , and Kit (3)-a T-25BB turbo. Also I haven't heard of a T-25BB turbo is it big enough all I want to push is 8PSi maybe 10PSi at the most. Well this is wierd isn't a T-25 turbo kind of small for a B16 ? Thanks for clearing this up for me.
Old 12-14-2003, 02:46 PM

That is a pretty small turbo, plus i would stay away from the *unknown* companies. ALOT of people run greddy, drag, and revhard. My choice would be revhard b/c of the better wastegate(turbosmart) better manifold, and last but not least the best standard turbo(Precision SC-34!!!!) So thats what i would go with but it just depends on what your goals are.
Old 12-14-2003, 03:38 PM

Thanks again man. Sorry to keep asking questions but I've seen these precision turbo's and I really liked the look of them and the ones I was looking at weren't that exspensive. But they companies web site really doesn't tell me much. They use the same pic. for every turbo on there and I tried e-mailing them to no avale. So I'm most likely going to make my own kit if not I will buy the Rev. Hard. But whats the name of the preicision turbo thats will be best for my motor. Thanks again man you're a great help to me.
Old 12-14-2003, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

do a custom kit
Old 12-14-2003, 04:24 PM

Default Re: ANY 1 USING DRAG,GREDDY, OR REV. HARD TURBO KITS (airshifta)

What are your goals? whp? Whats the engine? Have you had any block/head work done? need more info to recommend a turbo.