Notices

Another ssautocrap thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another ssautocrap thread

I know their turbos are notorious for seizing up, falling in half, having bolts fly out....

I just wanted people who have actually used one of these turbos to give feedback...I searched and could only find threads of people saying (i've heard)...I saw the one with the turbo falling in half, but couldn't find any others...

The reason I ask, is that i just got one of the Turbo ZY t3/t4 turbos for a very low price, and was planning on boosting with it til it died, then get it rebuilt with garrett internals
Old 06-05-2005, 04:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Another ssautocrap thread (_gurusan_)

man your best bet is to tie a block to all that ss auto crap and sink it to the bottom of a lake.i installed one of those kits on a hatch back"i tried to warn the kid".but he learned the hard way.the manifold cracked and the waste gate fell off.then we put on another ss autochrome manifold and it didn't last 2 days.so now the car is just sitting at the shop.

do not buy that **** YOU WILL BE SORRY.

harv
Old 06-05-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Another ssautocrap thread (1700anddroping)

I bought and OBX manifold which i hear is affiliated with SSAutoChrome, unless you have access to a welder, don't buy one of these manifolds. Mine cracked, but i knew it would and only bought it because i have a welder. Their turbos i've heard more good reviews than bad from people actually running them.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:26 PM

I got a guy that lives here in Colorado Springs that is a Ebay seller of those junky products. His spare bedroom is full of turbos,intercollers etc.. While at his house I was looking at a few different T3/T4 turbos and pulled on outta the box and spun the wheel and noticed the blades rubbing on this one real bad.
Pulled another on and noticed bad blemmishes on the housing, "thin spots" ugly.. Found one in the box that didnt even spin...
He said he gets these turbos for $100.00 when in bulk.
Im telling you straight up these units are junk, Ive seen manifolds here that were real bad news with the welds everything. Dont buy this stuff people, Im serious.. Its not about money..
Old 06-05-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Re: (PK SPEED)

First XSpower turbo had shaft play out of the box

Second XSpower turbo had no shaft play, but consumed oil out of the box

Third XSpower turbo had no shaft play or oil consuption out of the box, but ate up the bearings on the first dyno session

These turbos use cheap parts and are poorly balanced. It's a waste of time to buy them when you can get a precision turbo for less than the cost of buying an XSpower turbo and rebuilding it with garrett internals!
Old 06-05-2005, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (b16sedan)

this thread goes to show that a company can sell a horrible product and people will hear 4-5 horror stories about it and still consider buying it.

im thinking of getting into the business of making cheap parts that fall apart in 2 days
Old 06-05-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Re: (Turbo Dan)

when can i put my order in. rotfl
Old 06-05-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: (1700anddroping)

I had a Stone Racing TD05. The turbine housing actually split in 3 pieces (fractured) when I tried to thread in the downpipe studs. It was just a bad casting of cheap materials. Probably recycled scrap iron with lots of impurities.

But SSAC gave me my money back, so no real loss.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (beepy)

Wowsouse.

!
Old 06-05-2005, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn i just bought a turbo kit off a guy here he said it was a drag turbo but i got it and it says turbo zy on it, so does that mean it's from ss auto crap!!!???
Old 06-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (00blkSi)

I have heard stories of people using these turbos for awhile also though...
is it a gamble?
Old 06-05-2005, 08:45 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: (_gurusan_)

yup, you win some and you lose some
Old 06-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You get what you pay for.....
Old 06-05-2005, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i did a turbo kit on my friends car with this turbo and their manifold. manifold wasnt bad... no problems yet.... but the turbo... it didnt even make 70 miles and the turbine wheel bolt flys off and fucked up the whole turbine wheel. so if u want to rebuild it right away go for it but otherwise spend ur money elsewhere ull be happier.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Another ssautocrap thread (airwalk07143)

omg

lol maybe i'll sell it and just save for a turbonetics or garrett.

Old 06-05-2005, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i'm about to order my t3/t4 from camp1320 for 525 i am going to be running a SSAC manifold though. **** is gonna be braced like a **** though
Old 06-05-2005, 10:25 PM

Default Re: (Lmaonade)

BUY MADE IN THE USA - PRODUCTS - AT LEAST THEY DON'T HAVE TO SEND IT IN A BOAT TO GET WARRANTIED. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR...THEY CAN 'T EVEN COME UP W/ THEIR OWN DESIGN. THEY HAVE LIFETIME WARRANTY ALRIGHT! YOU'LL BE SPENDING SHIPPING FOR A "LIFETIME"
Old 06-05-2005, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My friend orderd one for his rx7 lasted till the 3rd dyno pull ( crap ) installed a megan racing manfold on a friends s13 , 2 and a half months it cracked in 3 places. I have that one on the shop wall for all the people that ask me about ebay turbos
Old 06-06-2005, 01:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (_gurusan_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But SSAC gave me my money back, so no real loss. </TD></TR></TABLE>]

you got your money back? lol! after numerous emails and faxes for their phone number, ssautocraps response to me was.....................they are an online company and communication is only through email. all sales are final (paraphrased version).

here is their purchasing policy.

http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/4

my advice is.....................buy from a retailer who backs up their product with customer service, support, and a warranty
Old 06-06-2005, 02:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hi guys,
how about the tial/hks copy wastegates? is it crap as well? :D
Old 06-06-2005, 03:34 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SSAutoChrome &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> SSAutoChrome Inc. shall not be liable for any consequential, special or contingent damages, expense, or injury arising directly or indirectly from any defect in its goods or from the use of any goods, defective or otherwise. Any warranties implied by law are limited in duration to the duration of this warranty.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

When they have to put an injury clause in a product defect clause, you shouldn't be buying it from them.

Common sense seems to be a rarity these days.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Another ssautocrap thread (Pioneer162)

Its just not worth it man....
Old 06-06-2005, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Another ssautocrap thread (Pioneer162)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pioneer162 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

When they have to put an injury clause in a product defect clause, you shouldn't be buying it from them.

Common sense seems to be a rarity these days. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Lol. Hilarious. You do know that warantee disclaimer is not legal and therefore not binding? The Magnuson-Moss Warranty act requires, by law, that any goods which to not meet the specifications of the product description, where the manufacturer was at fault (or which the manufacturer could not prove the consumer was at fault) must be replaced or refunded. So, unless they actually say "this turbo is not a functional unit and is intended for show purposes only", the turbo must work under law or they must replace it.

I might as well make a writ stating "By purchasing this product you consent to me entering your home and having my way with your wife" in a warranty statement.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:58 AM

Default Re: Another ssautocrap thread (beepy)

Well I'm no legal expert...............

but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:26 PM

i bought the SSautochrome manifold and turbo from them (T3/T4) and about 150mi no joke the damn thing literally cracked in half and yes bolts did sometimes randomly fall out. $350 paper weight. then i also know people running them daily driven and have lasted for over a year no problems. The manifold i have had no problems with , but i welded the supports stronger because thats the problems with those cheap peices of crap. With only 7lbs of boost its good enough for me. still dont like SSautochrome at all and wouldnt reccomend it for anyone. Do it right the first time

Quick Reply: Another ssautocrap thread