Notices

Another fix another problem (Prelude Boost)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another fix another problem (Prelude Boost)

Alright i was having alot of problems with my setup. For example one of the cables that went from the ecu to the s200b came out of the connector and i didnt notice until today. Fixed that and everything runs alot better.

Basically i have 2 questions.

1. I drove the car the other day when hondata came in and it went into boost but it was hesitating up top past 6k rpms. Mind you my setup isnt fine tuned yet so i only tried once and headed back to my garage. After fixing the cable today i was going to give it one more try to see if anything changed. Now when i drive and floor it the engine just cuts out right away. No sputtering/hesitating i just get thrown forward so i let off gas. What are these symptoms of?

2. This is regarding hondata. My hondata is tuned for 440cc but one of the injectors no longer works so i temporarily installed 350cc injectors. (This for one could be the cause for problem mentioned in question #1). I would obviously have to set my tune to 350cc's but can this be done without doing the whole burning a new chip routine? I don't know much about tuning hondata since im rrelying on a local tuner for that. I could just get it tuned right away however i dont want to do this yet because i still have to get a 3" DP made and get my 3" exhaust. Dont wanna tune it for open DP or stock exhaust cuz then i have to go back for another tune in a month. By the way the tune i have is for a greddy turbo kit of my friends prelude running same psi. I know this isnt the right tune for my exact setup but it should at least run fine. I wont be beating on it for at least another month or so but i shouldnt be having these problems. So is it simply an issue of having injectors 100cc smaller than hondata thinks and not getting enough fuel or is there something im overlooking.

Thanks for any input, Johnny.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

when you're tuned for 440cc injectors and you run 350cc's...you'll be running lean. why run the risk of that? anyways, make sure they're saturated ones, or you'll be needing resistor boxes on them. that could be the reason you have problems, but you should be getting a CEL for it.

you pretty much answered your own questions man. use your common sense. honda-tech is gonna mostly likely tell you what you already know and what you want to hear.

if you're not gonna be beating it for another month, why are you gonna get tuned? just wait. save your money, do your exhaust setup and then go to the tuner.

no two motors are a like completely. dont beat on your car with a "basemap" or someone else's tune.

hondata needs you to burn a chip if you're gonna change to map. i think only the s300 doesn't require it.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:35 PM

Default Re: (undercoverdc2)

Man i drive it for a day and it runs good and today it runs like complete ****.

What about things such as disabling o2sensors or changing injector sizes? Even to change those settings you need to burn a chip? I thought burning chips is only for basmaps that are burned onto the ecu.

So just to change something as simple as vtec rpm engagement, for example, i would have to burn a chip?
Old 07-23-2006, 03:39 PM

Default Re: (ragethemachine86)

Another thing my car wont even go past 0psi as it is now. It must be running in limp mode... What could cause my car to run in limp mode constantly? I tried extending my o2 to the DP but people told me its not possible to extend those wires so the o2 is still bad i think. I wish i could simply disable my o2 with hondata.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ragethemachine86 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Another thing my car wont even go past 0psi as it is now. It must be running in limp mode... What could cause my car to run in limp mode constantly? I tried extending my o2 to the DP but people told me its not possible to extend those wires so the o2 is still bad i think. I wish i could simply disable my o2 with hondata.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You probably blew a vacuum line off or an IC coupler.

Stop beating on the car. It's obvious you are probably running lean and detonating your engine. Wait until it is tuned. End of story.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:18 PM

Default Re: (PrecisionH23a)

a blown ic coupling would cause the car to go into limp mode?
Old 07-24-2006, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ragethemachine86 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Man i drive it for a day and it runs good and today it runs like complete ****.

What about things such as disabling o2sensors or changing injector sizes? Even to change those settings you need to burn a chip? I thought burning chips is only for basmaps that are burned onto the ecu.

So just to change something as simple as vtec rpm engagement, for example, i would have to burn a chip?</TD></TR></TABLE>

duh, all that stuff is on the chip. why else would people buy "chips?" spoon, mugen, skunk2 all make chips that just need to be soldered into the ecu. then it's running their program with their fuel adjustments, vtec crossover point, redline, etc.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ragethemachine86 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a blown ic coupling would cause the car to go into limp mode?</TD></TR></TABLE>

a blown coupler is not going to put your car into limp. BUT a blown coupler will not hold boost. so that's why you're probably not boosting. it's either that or one of your ic pipes blew off.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrecisionH23a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Wait until it is tuned. End of story.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2
Old 07-24-2006, 07:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (undercoverdc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by undercoverdc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
x2</TD></TR></TABLE>